BrinkHouse

TrooperTalk - VOICE CHANGER W/ STATIC BURST APP DEV

On 1/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, The Snake said:

I would just love an option to resize the UI. I have an iPhone 4 (I believe it's a 4--I don't use iphones and only bought it for TrooperTalk), and the buttons are very small and sometimes difficult to press.

I've added it to the list for the next update!

Hope everyone is having a great 2019 thus far!

I'm looking for some insight/feedback on what features and or improvements you'd all like to see in the next update for TrooperTalk.

Chime in! :)

2 minutes ago, BrinkHouse said:

I've added it to the list for the next update!

Awesome, thanks! :)

Coming very soon!

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 11.17.07 PM.png

An asterisk re. the Bluetooth speakers -- Due to inherently high latency with Bluetooth, it's only recommended to use this for Character Presets and BG Loops. It can technically be used for real-time voice profiles as well, but there is a noticeable delay.

Edited by BrinkHouse

10 hours ago, BrinkHouse said:

Coming very soon!

An asterisk re. the Bluetooth speakers -- Due to inherently high latency with Bluetooth, it's only recommended to use this for Character Presets and BG Loops. It can technically be used for real-time voice profiles as well, but there is a noticeable delay.

Wow! Wotta quick turnaround on that request. You're doing great work and I'm really happy to have supported this app.

Super excited to try this on my iDinosaur at next weekend's troop :)

• Like 1

I'd love the communities thoughts here!

A few people have suggested adding blaster sounds to the app, something I think would be really cool. The trick is... how to access or trigger them while you're trooping?

What I think would be awesome is if the blaster could be preselected (E11, DLT19, etc) and the user had a Bluetooth button on the blaster which triggered the sounds to play. There are products called 'Bluetooth tags' that can be purchased from $5-$10, are self contained with batteries lasting 6-8 months. TrooperTalk could pick up the button press and play the corresponding blaster sounds. Definitely the 'coolest' approach, IMO. The only problem with this is I don't want people to HAVE to buy another piece of hardware to take advantage of this.

Which leads me to the next idea. Some sort of voice command system. So while you're trooping, doing your favorite voice profile, you say something like "INITIALIZE BLASTER" which triggers the app to load the blaster sounds, which can then be triggered by voice, pretty much the same as the current Voice Activated Character presets. The only downside here is having to give the command to both load the blaster, as well as to unload it, or go back to your voice setting. Also, you wouldn't be able to talk and shoot the blaster at the same time.

Do you guys have any other ideas on how this could be implemented in a cool way that I'm not thinking about? Flexibility and ease of access/use are most important. :)

Thanks!

Bluetooth tags- 

https://www.amazon.com/Personal-Locator-GPS-Anti-lost-Bluetooth/dp/B01MF4HW1P/ref=pd_sbs_468_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF4HW1P&pd_rd_r=e1b20138-1a91-11e9-982d-992e9505a650&pd_rd_w=VdCGY&pd_rd_wg=BCEuc&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=VFB8BDWJX6Z26CK0CAS5&psc=1&refRID=VFB8BDWJX6Z26CK0CAS5

Edited by BrinkHouse
  • Like 1

I like the idea of the flic button, means we can do it without breaking character, and would have better control in interactions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJay1990 said:

I like the idea of the flic button, means we can do it without breaking character, and would have better control in interactions

Found an even cheaper option, BLE tag buttons are between $5-$10! Posted a link to one on Amazon above.

• Like 1

I would totally be down for the Bluetooth tag thing provided that it works pretty well. I never really cared about having blaster sounds, but this is a case where I would for sure be interested :)

I did think of another idea, if it's not already implemented or planned. What about the ability to load your own loops? I like the Stormtrooper loop the app comes with, but I also think it would be cool to be able to use our own. There's a great muffled police radio sound byte that you hear in movies and video games often (one of those generic sound library files) and it would be pretty cool to have playing.

P.S. I didn't realize those changes I responded to were not implemented yet, when I mentioned trooping next weekend with them. I apologize for jumping the gun! D:

• Like 1

Hi!

First of all I want to thanks the author of this magnificent app. It’s really impressive.

by the way, i bought the app 3 days ago and after experimenting a little (i’m not yet using the recomended HW cause it costs really too much to make it been shipped to italy (no reseller here)) it is a great applications. BUT...(not a great problem) i need to point out something. I’ve noticed that (while i’m Using a really loud JBL speaker) the audio that comes out is quite low in volume (may it be the splitter?) and that since the device is unlocked, it is a real-time processing experience, but once you lock the device, it kinda (exponentially) slow down the conversion speed from 0.01 or so, to an half a second (0.5-0.7s) Delay.

i’m using the wired solution not the new Bluetooth (which i’ll try ASAP) with an updated iPhone 7s plus. 

You know it’s not a real problem...it’s Just something that i’ve noticed and pointed out. 

How can i solve these two “problems” ?

thank you!

• Like 1

V2.6.0 is now available! Please update and let me know your thoughts on the new features!

• Like 1

Hey, I love the UI update! This works really well.

I'm still having issues with getting a good sound, though. I've found decent settings, but as soon as the bucket goes on, I get horrible echo. It doesn't happen with the bucket off and it doesn't happen with the mic plugged straight into the amp. Turning off the effects in the app makes the amp blast extremely loud noises.

I'm using the setup recommended on your site.

Any ideas?