BrinkHouse

TrooperTalk - VOICE CHANGER W/ STATIC BURST APP DEV

Mike, 

Can you post a photo of your setup? Very strange you're having this issue. What mic are you using?

31 minutes ago, Lt Wolf said:

Out of curiosity, is there a way to use TrooperTalk alongside a computer, like as a voicechanger in something like skype or discord?

Hey Derek! Very interesting idea, though not something that is currently doable on the app, at least to my knowledge. :)

1 hour ago, BrinkHouse said:

Hey Derek! Very interesting idea, though not something that is currently doable on the app, at least to my knowledge. :)

Well in that case i'll do some cable experimentation. Theoretically it should, I just wanted to know if there was a dedicated way.

Let me know what you discover! I wonder if using a 3.5mm cable from the ‘speaker/amp’ port of the splitter into your computers mic port would work... May not be the right kind of signal for that but may be worth a try!

Edited by BrinkHouse

Good news: Sending the audio from TrooperTalk does send it to the computer. I was wondering if there was a way to disable the BGloop. Other than that works pretty well with pc.

• Like 1

Great to hear that works! To disable any background loops, just tap the button at the top of the screen called ‘BG Loops’ and uncheck whichever loop which is playing. 

Hey Andrew!

Quick question (and apologies if this has been addressed somewhere in the 50+ pages of this thread that I have not tried to catch up on!):

Is there a way to JUST use TrooperTalk to play the BG loop of choice, as if it's just a simple iPod?  No voice processing or anything, JUST play the loops.  And, companion question, can it use a Bluetooth speaker connection for that function?  Frankly, playing out of the phone (with volume on max) might be good enough for some scenarios.

I ask because I'm already covered for voice with a separate standalone setup (I intend to play with TT instead at some point, but that's a back burner project), but when I'm trooping with my HWT pack, I can just toss a BT speaker in my pack, hit play in TT, and have the audio come out of the speaker, wirelessly.  Delay is irrelevant in this scenario.  Technically I could certainly connect the hardwire input (to a lightning adapter on my audio jack-free phone, ugh), but BT makes it even easier, even though it certainly would drain the battery less if I did.

Yes, technically, I can load the TK loop into the onboard music from the phone and just play it that way, but why load it twice when it's clearly already contained somewhere within TT?

• Like 1

No worries, happy to help Kalani. To answer your question, absolutely! When you launch TrooperTalk, simply tap 'BG Loops' and play your loop of choice. No voice processing will happen unless you tap 'Start Voice' as well. I designed it this way exactly for your use case, where someone may want to use only one feature or the other! 

Unfortunately linking to a speaker via Bluetooth is not supported yet, but I am hoping to resolve that in an upcoming update. If you can run a 3.5mm cable to the amp that will work perfectly!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BrinkHouse said:

No worries, happy to help Kalani. To answer your question, absolutely! When you launch TrooperTalk, simply tap 'BG Loops' and play your loop of choice. No voice processing will happen unless you tap 'Start Voice' as well. I designed it this way exactly for your use case, where someone may want to use only one feature or the other! 

Unfortunately linking to a speaker via Bluetooth is not supported yet, but I am hoping to resolve that in an upcoming update. If you can run a 3.5mm cable to the amp that will work perfectly!

Ah, I see now... I just hadn't waited quite long enough for the audio to start.  The loop takes some time to actually kick in some audio, so it's not immediately apparent that tapping the Play button had any effect.  Perhaps some visual indication that loops are playing would be helpful, in a future release?  Hardly high priority, but something to consider. :)

9 minutes ago, kman said:

Ah, I see now... I just hadn't waited quite long enough for the audio to start.  The loop takes some time to actually kick in some audio, so it's not immediately apparent that tapping the Play button had any effect.  Perhaps some visual indication that loops are playing would be helpful, in a future release?  Hardly high priority, but something to consider. :)

It actually does, if you close the loops window you’ll now see that there’s a small play icon next to the BG Loops button, to indicate you have a loop playing. 

1 minute ago, BrinkHouse said:

It actually does, if you close the loops window you’ll now see that there’s a small play icon next to the BG Loops button, to indicate you have a loop playing. 

OH!  You're right.  My bad.  I didn't realize that's what that indicated.  BG Loops must have been playing nearly continuously on my phone!

Hey all, I bought the Trooper Talk app with the suggested TK wired mic, but I have a small speaker with an AUX input.  I have an iPhone XS using the lightning to AUX and an AUX splitter.  The issue I am having is that the audio is really low and it only broadcasts 1/10 of what I say.  I have tried some work arounds I read about online like plugging everything in before loading the app, but I’m still having issues.  Any ideas?  Thanks. 

On 12/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, BrinkHouse said:

What splitter are you using? I can almost guarantee you that’s your issue. 

Im using a splitter made by GE that I got at the local grocery store.  I figure splitters are splitter right?  If not is there a specific brand I should get?  Thanks for your help.

*UPDATE - I just noticed the recommended hardware for a splitter on Troopertalk's website and have ordered that one on Amazon. 

Edited by JE the Stormtrooper

2 hours ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Im using a splitter made by GE that I got at the local grocery store.  I figure splitters are splitter right?  If not is there a specific brand I should get?  Thanks for your help.

*UPDATE - I just noticed the recommended hardware for a splitter on Troopertalk's website and have ordered that one on Amazon. 

Great, yes the splitter is a very important part of getting good results with the app! Please report back with your new results. 

Am trying to do my research, I can’t seem to find the right splitter, can anyone send me a link (preferrably ships to Australia)

18 hours ago, AJay1990 said:

Am trying to do my research, I can’t seem to find the right splitter, can anyone send me a link (preferrably ships to Australia)

Links on the website, both options are from Amazon so shipping shouldn’t be an issue. 

www.andrewbrinkhaus.com/troopertalk 

Edited by BrinkHouse

On 12/25/2018 at 5:26 PM, BrinkHouse said:

Great, yes the splitter is a very important part of getting good results with the app! Please report back with your new results. 

The splitter was a huge help.  Works great except I'm using a small speaker that I had already so sound volume isn't great.  Anyone have experience between the Pyle and Aker speaks recommended?  Also where does one put these speakers under their armor?  Thanks again.

Most people use the Aker amp, which I do recommend, but I personally troop with the 50w Pyle Pro and find it has a better range of sound, less prone to feedback, and is much louder than the Aker.

my amp is hung around my neck and under the chest armor. 

This sounds cool I'm working on my first set of armor any suggestions on how and where to mount it? i have an IPhone 7 plus and will be using an aker amp. 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, The Snake said:

Any progress on an adjustable UI? :D

What did you have in mind?

23 minutes ago, BrinkHouse said:

What did you have in mind?

I would just love an option to resize the UI. I have an iPhone 4 (I believe it's a 4--I don't use iphones and only bought it for TrooperTalk), and the buttons are very small and sometimes difficult to press.

• Like 1