BrinkHouse

TrooperTalk - VOICE CHANGER W/ STATIC BURST APP DEV

·· Whether you're a TK, Kylo, Chewbacca, Vader or other character, TrooperTalk can give you the motion picture quality voice emulation you've been looking for! ·· 

For hardware suggestions and FAQ, click here

Join the TrooperTalk Facebook Group for continued discussion, feedback, troubleshooting, etc!

TrooperTalk Facebook Group

-------------

Some User Reviews: 

"I have the iComm and Rom/FX, which are excellent, but this app, in my opinion exceeds those in quality and authenticity. I've already tested this on my family and friends and it was picked unanimously for sounding the most like a stormtrooper. I can't even tell it's my voice. Worth every penny!"

--

"Best app a Stormtrooper could wish for! Looking forward to my next troop, for the Empire & Charity!"

--

"This was a risk to get out of nowhere. I decided to download the app and buy the suggested equipment and I am not disappointed. After a very little amount of tweaking I got my perfect configuration set with my iPhone 7. I absolutely love the way I sound and the customization you can make on this."

39874649140_656cfb9bc3_z.jpg41680968101_c0cf907596_z.jpg

39874654590_e92c9f20dd_z.jpg39874646730_8ebf23b23e_z.jpg

My goal in developing the TrooperTalk app is to provide troopers everywhere with an affordable and robust alternative to costly systems like the iComm and Rom/FX. I strongly believe that a software solution is more powerful as users have the ability to customize the effects entirely to their liking, as well as receive additional features and functionality via software updates.

-------------

·· Feature List ··

· Multiple character presets

· Save & load custom profiles

· Extremely customizable

· External microphone detection

· Routing of sound to external amp

· Audio effects applied in realtime for accurate sound

· Voice activated processing 

· character specific background chatter with adjustable volume

· Static burst sounds with adjustable settings

...and more!

27259635632_f92eb4c637_o.png

-------------

Please let me know if you have any feedback or ideas for future updates!

Edited by BrinkHouse
  • Like 28

Awesome start.  Thanks for sharing the demo to show how it's working so far. This is coming along really well. The sound is awesome. I love the idea of having presets then letting people tweak custom settings, too. Also, great idea to do the echo cancellation.

Is there a way you can you make this work for older iOS versions so that it would be possible to use this with old devices people have laying around instead of their current phone? I'd much rather use my older iPod instead of my current iPhone 6.

• Like 1

Is there a way you can you make this work for older iOS versions so that it would be possible to use this with old devices people have laying around instead of their current phone? I'd much rather use my older iPod instead of my current iPhone 6.

It's possible. I'd have to do some benchmarking on how memory and CPU intensive the app ends up being. I also don't have any old devices to test on at the moment.

• Like 1

Excellent work!! Hook me up when you have something or need to make some testing,

Cheers

Rui

• Like 2

Watching this intently! Super awesome work mate - sooo excited!

• Like 1

Great, thanks for sharing!

I've got a couple of old ipod touch waiting somewhere.

A version for older devices think will be appreciated by a lot of people.

:)

Edited by elleerre
  • Like 2

Super work on this ! Sounds awesome and can't wait to see more progress videos if you get a chance to post some. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

I also have a large i-device grave yard if you need something just pm me and I'll look for it.

• Like 1

"Robust alternative" indeed! This cursory look at your progress seems to suggest it sounds every bit as good as my ROM/FX.

Keep up the great work. Definitely excited  about the possibilities.

• Like 1

Wow dude now THAT is what I want to sound like when I'm trooping!!
All the other voice changers are really great but there's just something about them not sounding 100% like the troopers in the films. Yours however does! The static burst also happens instantly after you finish talking which is also super accurate.

Question, is the delay in output due to it running through dev mode in Xcode? I assume there will be no lag once it's running natively on an iOS device?

Great work and I would love to beta test this also! Will be buying this for sure :)

EDIT: Ignore my question about delay/lag. I was too excited to post here so I didn't get to the end of the video lol

Edited by Bobo
  • Like 3

So I won't have to get any equipment shipped to me? I just purchase and download the app, load it on my iPhone, connect it to my Aker amp and voila?

That's the idea! And the cool thing is, he can update the app with new features in the future :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I won't have to get any equipment shipped to me? I just purchase and download the app, load it on my iPhone, connect it to my Aker amp and voila?

Yep, the only thing you will likely need shipped is a 3.5mm headphone breakout adapter, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-2-3-5mm-Female-Break-out-Adapter/dp/B00NUAZ8DG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1452968070&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+headphone+breakout

These can probably be found at Best Buy/Frys as well.

• Like 2

Very cool!  I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Two things:

1) What about Bluetooth?  A cheap BT speaker (or even a nice one, if you have a jambox or something), and my usual BT headset (that I use for driving) seems like an excellent, 100% wireless method for connecting all of this.  Is that possible, or is the wired mic and speaker mandatory?

2) I'm local, and have some older iOS hardware I could probably loan you for testing, if you're interested.

• Like 2

Oh man! Bluetooth would be an awesome wireless solution! My only concern would be Bluetooth lag since there always is a little.

BrinkHouse, did you see this? There's a super clear sample of how the trooper sounds with the classic "click"!

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-soundboard

I wish there was a way to add a click before you start talking like in the films, but I don't think that would be possible unless its manually activated

Edited by Bobo

Very cool!  I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Two things:

1) What about Bluetooth?  A cheap BT speaker (or even a nice one, if you have a jambox or something), and my usual BT headset (that I use for driving) seems like an excellent, 100% wireless method for connecting all of this.  Is that possible, or is the wired mic and speaker mandatory?

2) I'm local, and have some older iOS hardware I could probably loan you for testing, if you're interested.

1) I've added Bluetooth to my list. No promises it will make it but I'll certainly look into it! Would be sweet for sure.

2) Awesome! Once I get a little further along and need to start doing some actual benchmarking and profiling I'll reach out about this. Thanks.

• Like 2

Awesome work, I will be keeping track of the progress. May I suggest a tripod for follow up vids? I got a little queasy watching (maybe from sheer excitement?) Definitely not a criticism, just a suggestion. I do a little YouTube on the side as well.

• Like 1

Bluetooth doesn't even need to be added to the development. The main iOS system handles the Bluetooth connection and playing audio through connected Bluetooth speakers.

You could add the line selection within the app that allows the output to be changed while the app is still running, though this isn't critical.

Another important tip is to make sure the app will continue to run in the background when the device is locked, if you can. Many audio apps will not do this and the screen has to stay on while the app is running--draining the battery faster with the screen illuminated.

• Like 3

Oh no. You're right about the audio apps turning off :(

What would be the solution?

You could add the line selection within the app that allows the output to be changed while the app is still running, though this isn't critical.

Another important tip is to make sure the app will continue to run in the background when the device is locked, if you can. Many audio apps will not do this and the screen has to stay on while the app is running--draining the battery faster with the screen illuminated.

Yeah, moreso meant it will need testing to ensure that the input/outputs route correctly over bluetooth.

I am looking into implementing screen lock mode, hopefully it can be added!

• Like 1

Oh no. You're right about the audio apps turning off :(

What would be the solution?

I may have a solution. Stay tuned. ;)

• Like 1

Would you guys like the ability to have your device play other audio (possibly music or other sfx) while using Trooper Talk, or would you prefer that it disables other sounds from playing?

• Like 2

Personally, I simply want to sound exactly like a storm trooper from the films.

• Like 3