Modification on full commission from RS

Snakeman

I´ve ordered the full commission armor from RS. Scheduled to arrive at the end of next week. In your experience... Does it take a lot of modification to join the 501:st? They have gotten my exact measurements....

Anyone with experience who knows?

•  

If your measurements were accurate , it should pass straight in with no modification .

Like music to my ears... I took the measurements 10 times to get the exact ones. Hopefully the "holiday-weight" won´t f**k it up... ;-)

Edited by Snakeman

Actually, once you get basic approval you should be able to apply immediately for EIB with the full RS commission set, Magnus.  After that, all you should need is rubber or latex hand guards and the correct boots to go for Centurion!

Actually, once you get basic approval you should be able to apply immediately for EIB with the full RS commission set, Magnus.  After that, all you should need is rubber or latex hand guards and the correct boots to go for Centurion!

Actually, RS kits come with flexible handguards, and painted chelsea boots already. 

Hello everyone

New memeber from Norway siging in:) Im also looking to buy the Rs kit , although its quite expensive and i have problems giving myself the go to order it . I have also read a lot of treads about the abs versus the pvc verison. its seems the comunety is split between whats best for trooping. Although Rs told me the pvc Version is the best for that. Can someone please point me in the right direction here?

• 1 month later...

My armor was a full RS commission. As many can tell, i'm not the standard body type, but my specific problem is that I am shorter than most so I had to trim the let pieces and the fore-arms. Also, I had to forego the way they were using to connect the body pieces to fit me better and ease of transport. They get the width dimensions correct, but height I had to fix myself. Was easy, but I had to learn accordingly.

My suggestion though is to have them prior to shipping add extra padding to protect the sniper knee plate and the shoulder straps as the knee plate was damaged along with one of the straps.