My DLT-19 project

SixCrazyPants

• 2 weeks later...

how well does the screw feature work? I haven't had time to print it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was scared that it wouldn't work, but it actually works out just fine on these two halves. Just have to figure out the right place to start inserting the male end the first time you do it.

Only issue I've had was I forgot to add any tolerance to the dovetail joint I used to combine the splits I had to make for the buttstock and it cracked a little when I went to slide it together. Easy enough fix though, and I've added tolerances to my joints going forward.

Jon, do you think it would be solid enough to troop with ?

If you print it with 4 walls and at least 30% infill it should solid as a rock. I've made rifles for guys doing Halo Cosplay, and they take a beating and still look new.

• Like 1

We will find out once it's all put together. I'll probably use PVC for the barrel rather than printing since that'll be the weakest large part.

PVC barrel sounds great but I wonder if all the printed parts that go on the barrel will need adjustment  ?

If you print it with 4 walls and at least 30% infill it should solid as a rock. I've made rifles for guys doing Halo Cosplay, and they take a beating and still look new.

is that in ABS? I can only do PLA which won't be as tough.

nope, that's in PLA. I used to think it was really fragile till I learned a better way to print it.

PLA can be built a lot stronger than I initially thought... but don't leave it leaning against the back seat of the car on a hot day!

Hello... thats awesome... its posible you can shere it?? please please... i'm from Chile... very far far away ;)

Thanks and great work!!!

If you want the model, email Máté at mate.hagyak@gmail.com and purchase it from him.

Edited by da_prop_maker
  • Like 2