My DLT-19 project

SixCrazyPants

OMG, I've been looking everywhere for the STL files to no avail.

I have them, but it was purchased from a guy on Sketchup, but I'm having to heavily clean up the model, as it was not really intended for 3D printing.  I think I saw a new post from the guy who made the 2D plans that everyone uses, that he's going to be releasing 3D models.

• Like 1

I know I haven't updated my build for a bit.  I've been driving for Uber up in Park City, UT for the Sundance Film Festival...needed quick cash to buy my Sandtrooper armor from Walt.  Anywho, after printing the grip, I'm not sure the scaling is right?  But then of course, it could've been modeled too small.  I tried printing the 2D print, and I've seen people say to use 'A4'?  I want to get this solved before I continue...

• 1 month later...

Lol it seems everyone's getting into the 3D printing of this rifle...anyway the guy with whom I'm working with on this model, just sent me an update on his progress (damn he does amazing work). Gotta say, I can't WAIT to print this beast :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-16%20at%202.10.2

I can't wait as well. I'm looking for my BFG when the pack is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Is this file available some where?

I heard from the guy modeling this, and he apologizes for the time it's taking, but it is coming. He's got half of the model done. When it's done, I'll post his info for you guys to buy it. I should put out there, that he's just offering the model, not to print it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome any Idea on how much he would want for the file ? I'm all in Please post when it's ready

Not sure how much he's charging just yet. He's in the middle of entrance exams, so it's going to take a little longer. Believe me, I'm just as antsy. The only reason I'm waiting this long, is because the kid is good at modeling, where I'm still a noob.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news :)  He's finished it and it looks awesome.  There are a couple pieces that I asked him to break down even further, for ease of printing and less support (none if possible right?).  The best part is, I asked him at one point to look into designing this with the break-down concept for easy transportation, and he did it.  I have not printed this yet, so I can't speak as to how well these will join, but I have confidence.  If you want the model, email Máté at mate.hagyak@gmail.com and purchase it from him.  Can't wait to see y'all's builds.

• Like 2