Boots in the CRL

Hi guys and girls.

It has come to my attention, that the boots from Gio are not approved by the LML, even though they are pictured in the CRL and follows all reference material I have seen.

Anyone here know why this is??

Which boots are the trouble the High heel or the Low? To my knowledge there are ladies out there who have had both approved

Hi guys and girls.

It has come to my attention, that the boots from Gio are not approved by the LML, even though they are pictured in the CRL and follows all reference material I have seen.

Anyone here know why this is??

Aparently the trouble is that since the text says the strip on the front of the boot shold be aproximately 1/3 of the width, Gios boots cant be approved, because it is too wide... even though its his boots that are used in the CRL.

And its the low boots in this case.

On 1/18/2016 at 12:05 PM, Darth Aloha said:

Does someone have a photo of the boots that someone is saying aren't approvable?

-Eric

Look no further than the CRL.

The GML refuses to look at pictures in the CRL and only follow the text. Since the text sais the tongue of the toe should be 1/3 of the boots width, he wont approve it, even though the boot in the picture has a wider tongue than that.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Legacy_Trooper_Female

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I see. So the issue is that I was stupid enough to put something too subjective as "1/3 the width." 

GMLs these days bring out their vernier calipers to ensure anything called out in the CRL with a measurement is correct. The local GML system has too many flaws and the current GML culture cannot be loosened up. That means the onus is on the dets to go out of their way to write their CRLs to be picky and strict GML proof. 

I will let the LMO that I'm changing that CRL wording because GMLs will not display the sense enough to allow a little leeway in their approvals. 

-Eric

• Like 5

On 1/18/2016 at 6:31 PM, Arnie_DK said:

Yep. Thats the problem right there. The GML says he will approve the boots, as soon as the CRL is changed.

---------

The Legion is a-changing and maybe not for the better. That's a much bigger conversation to be had amongst a smaller group of people.  

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 5

With the LMO's approval I changed the wording of the CRL (Morten you were cc'd):

It went from:
There shall be a single raised vertical strip running from toe to tongue, approximately 1/3 the width of the shoe.

To:
There shall be a single raised vertical strip running from toe to tongue across the top of the boot.

It is now hopefully GML-proof. 

-Eric
  • Like 5

Thanks for jumping on this so quickly, Eric.

Also: your Vader gloves don't have the right stitching, you're going to have to resubmit those for approval.

Edited by bzb
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2016 at 4:56 AM, bzb said:

Thanks for jumping on this so quickly, Eric.

Also: your Vader gloves don't have the right stitching, you're going to have to resubmit those for approval.

an impolite person! 

---------

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd have to say no on those boots, because the strip runs from toe to tongue.  That strip clearly stops short of the base of the boot, but that is very possibly going to be the next GML issue:  "Define Toe."

Gio is shipping today... but as a backup I got a pair of black Chelsea chunky boots from Amazon and got in a week. I just dyed them last night, Hope to do approval pics tomorrow ...3e912b498fd303fc8d8efdd480746602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk