list of 3D stuff?

Hi Guys,

I noticed some of you are working with 3d models and or printers.
I was wondering if there was a list of files (drawings and/or printable files) on the forum that brought all the files together under 1 topic?
If not, would this be something that would be found useful?
Not for selling or anything monetary, just for the fun of it.

I personnaly have some files on my computer that I could share with you all if needed.
Any constructive comment would be appreciated :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been preparing files for this list but I'm not sure if this platform can handle 3d-files. Some of them might already be known to the 3d users, some of them will be new.
If anyone needs any of the following files, let me know. Some of it is ours, some of it is rebel scum stuff

For the moment I've got the following items:

-E11 Stormtrooper blaster

-Scout trooper blaster

- several lightsabres

- a naboo blaster

- a jawa ion blaster

- princess leia blaster

- boba fett E33 blaster

- Poe Damerons blaster from VII

- a mandalorian helmet

- Han solo's blaster

- a handheld comlink

- an impact grenade

- a fragmentation grenade

- Zam Wesell blaster

- NN-44

- The Episode VII Stormtrooper blaster

- A wearable stormtrooper helmet

- A wearable scout trooper helmet

- Boba fett's rocket

- A DC-17 clone trooper blaster

- R2D2 full scale

- Battle droid full scale
- MSE-6 mouse droid full scale

I'm currently working on several other things, like the add-ons for the MG 34, an Mg 15, ...

Edited by Paramedic
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to print anything larger than a keyring , an not have to spend ten hours sanding the surface , you need to be spending several thousand pounds on one . The small hobby units are rubbish . <br><br>

That's why people send the files off to commercial printers . In the USA shape ways is popular with prop builders, I'm not sure of the U.K. Equivalent , but a friend of mine is regularly building printed guns and small props using a uk printer .

Edited by Rob .T .

If you want to print anything larger than a keyring , an not have to spend ten hours sanding the surface , you need to be spending several thousand pounds on one . The small hobby units are rubbish . &lt;br&gt;<br>

That's why people send the files off to commercial printers . In the USA shape ways is popular with prop builders, I'm not sure of the U.K. Equivalent , but a friend of mine is regularly building printed guns and small props using a uk printer .

Yeh, that's what I thought. The photos on the ads always show some really impressive piece sitting on the printer's bed, but you just know it never really printed it :D

If you are really set on buying a small home printer, check up the ones intended for school technology departments . They are of a more commercial style , better quality, than the ones advertised for home/ hobby use .

If you are really set on buying a small home printer, check up the ones intended for school technology departments . They are of a more commercial style , better quality, than the ones advertised for home/ hobby use .

I'm not :D But thanks for the info.

If someone wants to compile, this is a great sticky for either getting started or in the build area. In fact, if there are enough threads, we can even make a sub-forum dedicated to 3d printing and designs.

• 1 month later...

I'm just now getting into 3d printing, mostly for trooping and maybe the occasion Power Ranger helmet. I found a pretty decent TFA helm. I didn't make the file, it was actually done by The Armored Garage but I figured this thread would be a good spot to post the link. 

https://dl.orangedox.com/27dsyE1OUGh7ZAj7sL/Stormtrooper_print_shell_clean.STL

Essentially he gets a Pep file and imports it into Meshmixer and thickens the walls/creases etc.  I'm going to be working on a few of these this week and I'll try and post them here if I get anywhere.

• Like 1

I would be interested in this as wel, I'we found lots and ots of 3d files online, but I can't realy find to mush in the line of discussions on here, 

I started a tread here asking about 3d printers, but only realy got 1 reply...

A pinn, or sub forum would be grate, as 3d printing is realy starting to take off now, 

given that tthe cheep once are not the best, they are still sold, and the good once are only getting cheeper :)

I found a full TFA Trooper Pepakura set. I'm working on exporting the multiple pep files into an OBJ file and resizing and making the paper thin edges into (hopefully) 2 mm thick printable files. 

The printer I have on order is the Taz 5, which has a huge print base, so I probably won't be uploading any of the sliced files because they probably won't work on most other printers. That said, I don't have a printer yet, but I am working on the files and sizing and getting used to the software. Hopefully when I finally do print, these files turn out well. 

• Like 1

Let me know how that works out for you :)

I've been having the same idea for some time now :)

What files did you find?? I have a full suit made by fierek (was that right?), but the helmet that goes whit it is wrong

I found the pep files from Pepakuravault.com    There's a TFA concept armor and a full wearable one.  

but they are pep files and in need of some editing to smooth them up. Once I get them all cleaned up, I can upload them and post them on here. Some pieces work easily and I can get it sized and proper thickness, some stuff just behaves like mad. I'm struggling through it.

One thing to mention, I have not made armor before and I don't have much of an eye for detail. When I do get them uploaded, I doubt they will be 501st ready. That said, hopefully by that point I'll be good enough with the sculpting and molding software to make necessary changes. 

• Like 1

That's the same as I have :) 

Some parts needs to be reziced as well, the chest peice is way to smal, and like I said, the helmet does not look right.

Had a look at the file earlier in the tread to, and that does also look wrong (atleast to me) it seems to narrow at the base, if you know what I meen :)

what software are you using to sculpt ??

Edited by ask382

I've got most everything converted, smoothed (roughly) and given a thickness. It doesn't look too bad. I have to wait a bit before publishing it on Thingiverse. I want it to be free and available for anyone who is better at this stuff than I am to make improvements. I'll start a new thread and link it on here when I officially get it all published. Here's some screen clippings.

J5cGVAU.png

Kvc7Ap1.pngXqhellC.pngkbeO3hH.png

Don't judge too harshly haha

• Like 1

I have some parts I designed to fit a Doopy Doo E-11 and the T-Jay parts kit. The links are currently in my sig. I also have a link to some parts on thing iverse. I used one of them in my build and was happy with it.

I don't own a printer and have been using shapeways europe and having it shipped to the UK. Not cheap or overly fast but good quality.

If someone wants to compile, this is a great sticky for either getting started or in the build area. In fact, if there are enough threads, we can even make a sub-forum dedicated to 3d printing and designs.

I think a sticky post would probably be a good idea as it keeps it all in 1 easy to navigate place. Ideally with some moderation to keep it on track and only allow a post in a certain format (description, licencing info, link) and stop it filling up with thank you posts that would make navigating hard.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

• 4 weeks later...