My new DLT

I wanted to buy me a MG34 to make a DLT-19, so i checked the available info of many of the available sources.

When i was already convinced to order the Doopydoos MK3, i found a german reenactment/weapons shop by accident while searching for pics and info. And they offered this replica:

0286.jpg

A little bit simplyfied on the details, only moveable parts are the sights and the real bipod  (from MG42/MG3, off course not from a real MG34). But all metal and only 429€. Some of the missing details are easily added while altering it from a MG34 into a DLT-19.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/MG-34-mit-Zweibein-Vollmetall-Modell

Maybe it helps another EU trooper who wants a metal one without paying around 3000,00€ for a real one. But they ship only within the EU - and not to UK, Netherlands, Poland and Danmark. No idea if they do this due to such being strictly prohibited there, or just cause the paperwork might be to much for them for such a lowpriced deco-gun.

I ordered one, will give more info after it arrived.

Hi Michael, had seen these a while ago and recently visited this shop, while being on a business trip in Hamburg. Unfortunately they did not want to open such a box for closer inspection.

But indeed, this price for a replica made from metal is really good. Please post pictures here in this thread once you get it. Really curious on this...

Will do.

When i found the shop i first was unsure if i take this or the (better detailed and not that much more expensive) MG42: http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/20002

But i spent way to much hours with the MG42/MG3 while on duty to see it as a SW gun ever, so i went for this MG34 replica.  :)

Ok, i got it today.

Not sure if this helps anyone outside of Germany, but at least they seem to ship to some EU countries.

My first impressions ...... i like it, but of course it´s not perfect. It´s great to be able to look through the holes, it adds a lot to the reality of the gun.

IMG_20160114_111459_zpsd6dfzt6y.jpg

And nothing is as nice as feeling cold metal. Also the complete real working bidod and it´s rattling when handling the gun add to the realism.

IMG_20160114_110937_zpsjjkfovqj.jpg

IMG_20160114_110710_zps7skjleox.jpg

As it´s made from metal, it´s heavy enough to "feel" real, but less heavy than a real deac (this 7,0Kg, real one 12,3Kg).

But it also makes it a little less comfortable for trooping. Useable for a parade or when not in direct contact within the crowds, maybe not that good when inside the masses - if someone get hit .... will hurt for sure. 

All the round parts are made from steel tubes (goes from the tip up into the stock), the addons are cast aluminium. Due to it being soft metal it´s doable to carve some missing details if wanted. As mentioned before, it´s missing some of them, but most can be added. On the other hand I assume this would help arguing when being controlled, it´s easily reckognizeable as not real from close distance.

IMG_20160114_110947_zpsattlkzhd.jpg

Handgrip plates and stock are both made from Alu - on a real one the grip plates are indeed sometimes made from alu so that´s great, no need to get other - but the stock should be Bakelit or wood. Shape is OK, but i would love to find a affordable and still not to shabby Bakelit one.  :rolleyes:

IMG_20160114_110808_zpsndlebhyg.jpg

Under the line: Off course it´not a real deac, but as those go for 5 to 7 times the money as this one, the quality is quite nice. It´s also no MGC, i would say it´s on the level of a Denix. I think it´s a great one for the small amount of money.

And as i noticed today ..... it seems RS used one of this as the basegun for their own DLT.  :blink:

• Like 1

That looks pretty sweet :)

Dont know why they wont ship to Denmark. Our gun laws only prohibits us from ordering functional gun parts or de-milled guns.

Replicas and Airsoft guns are no problem. But it might be the shipping costs.

Heh. Just noticed they are located in Hamburg. Would actually be cheaper, to just do a day-trip and pick one up in person. its about 2 hours drive from the border.

• Like 1

Michael,<br>

I am curious to know what details or lack of details indicate the RS DLT-19 is a cast of ZIB's MG-34. I was seriously considering to buy one from them but thought they used a real MG-34.<br>

I love ZIB's gun and and you are lucky to own one. I wouldn't mind owning one myself if they shipped to Japan but they don't of course. But I do not want the RS DLT if it is a cast of this gun. I prefer cast from an original if I am going to buy a resin prop for the price charged. <br>

Congrats on your awesome BFG.

Hi Brian,

as the ZIB is a MG34 and the RS is already modified to be a DLT-19 they don´t look the same at the first glance - but when you have the ZIB in hand and are checking hundreds of real MG34 pics to upgrade the missing details on the ZIB, you automatic look at them more carefully.

Let´s take this pic first:

DLT19left_zps48rtvwq9.jpg

At the front sight there should be 2 pivots/pins at a real one - the one you see for the sight itself, and another in front of it on the retainer of the flashhider (a fixed cast part on the ZIB).

The rear sight on that gun is missing all the details of a real one, just like the ZIB.

The trigger is to clumsy and missing all it´s details, just like the ZIB

The closure on the top feed cover (the square part with the bump on top right before the buttstock has little rectangular cutouts at each side), but not at the ZIB, and not here.

Final, the buttstock - those grooves i´ve only ever seen on the ZIB, not on a real one no matter if made from bakelit or wood.

DLT19right_zps30lnyb8z.jpg

Then the middle sightmount, for the Anti Aircraft sight, the thing between the 2 t-track parts - where you see the shiny spot on the pic there should be a good visible bump on a real one. It´s made from 2 parts that are clamped around the barrel which are hold together with 2 pins, one on the big part on the left sight, and one through the bump.

Next is the shiny area over the handle. On a real one there are all the details of the sliding area ot the cocking lever - this one has none of them. And additional it even has the ringbase of the ZIB, where the handle is screwed in.

And all that alone from this bad pics, with more detailed pics more evidence would be visible, for sure.

But not all is bad - it already has the feed coverbox, the t-track, the disc on the trigger group. On the ZIB i have a real bipod, but a MG42/3 one, as they are easily available as replicas - they are slighly different to the MG34 ones. As here is only a cast one, they could use a correct MG34 one.

I don´t know if they ship to you, but the best resin DLT seems to be the Doopydoos MK3. But while i don´t like to handle Hyperfirm ..... it´s rubber is not a bad thing for trooping.

I hope that helps, without beeing to anal.  ;)

Awesome work on this blaster, it looks amazing. I have visited that site many times over the last 5 years and contemplated doing what you have done. They also have some great deals on Sterling rifles, from time to time.

Well done!

Well, i havn´t even started to work on my ZIB MG34.  ;) Up to now i do my paperwork, to decide what additional parts i have to machine to make it more real looking.

The "green pics" are pics of a RS someone bought and posted in another thread - i used them to show it´s missing the same details than the ZIB. Way different to a DLT that would have been cast from a real MG.

• Like 1

Michael,<br><br>

Thanks for the detailed information regarding Zib MG 34. I would not have noticed those missing details and appreciate your help. As you said not bad for the price. But I will hold out to someday smuggle a Doopy DLT into Japan if ever possible. <br><br>

Cheers again!

Edited by Bulldog44

Be my guest, Brian. :) 

The Doopy MK3 seems to be the most detailed/best cast DLT at this time. As i said in my first post, i was short of ordering one when i found this.

I then went for this cause it feels, sounds and handles so much more like a real thing than a resin one, and more detailing can be easily attached.

Atm i see 3 good alternatives (not counting a deac real one), each for a different reason/use:

- the ZIB, for the "real feel" from being all metal

- the doopy MK3, for the best detailing

- the hyperfirm, for it´s safety factor

Am I wrong or Doopy's DLTs aren't shipped outside uk? I was considering to get one a couple of months ago but according to their website, they didn't serve abroad the island. So I started to look for an alternative option and found a couple here on the fisd, the DSP props and the ASH one (that last is from Spain) and both resins and around the price of the ZIB.<br>

Nice catch you've done there, remember to show here the improvements you make on this.

unfortunatly we can only ship these to the uk and europe, the volumetric size and weight of the box needed to ship these makes the shipping costs far too expensive

Not only UK, Europe too. The main problem with the doopy is to order one, as they do very limeted runs of these ..... and often those are sold within 1-2 hours. Buyers have to be fast.  :D

If something is in the ZIB pricerange ...... i would take the ZIB. The feel of cold metal, hearing the rattling of the bipod ..... that´s priceless. And with 6-7Kg realistic heavy but still half of a real one due to cast alu parts. Less prone to break.

Not only UK, Europe too. The main problem with the doopy is to order one, as they do very limeted runs of these ..... and often those are sold within 1-2 hours. Buyers have to be fast. :D

If something is in the ZIB pricerange ...... i would take the ZIB. The feel of cold metal, hearing the rattling of the bipod ..... that´s priceless. And with 6-7Kg realistic heavy but still half of a real one due to cast alu parts. Less prone to break.

My gosh... You're right! Never red the whole small letter to the last... Just got mistaken by the title where sais "only uk costumers only at the moment". Anyhow, I've subscribed to their mail list alarm to see if I get lucky enough to catch one, but keeping an eye on other options as these one of yours.

Thanks for the info!

This is a VERY cool piece!! :jc_doublethumbup: I'm really thinking of buying one of these in the future. They might not be as accurate as I would like but a real MG-34 is a big no-no here. And I'd prefer this to any resin one, even if the resin might be a tad more accurate.

After getting it I'll need to do my research to find out what parts are needed to make it more accurate. Maybe someone has some parts for sale. BTW what lengths would the t-tracks need to be and how many needed? Though seems not all DLT-19 had them

I just got the t-tracks i ordered from Roy - ordered this week and got them friday. 6 of 13cm and 6 of 19cm.

As far as i know there are no parts available for the left sided feedslot-cover, there you best look at those threads where peopla are making those gorgeous selfmade DLTs.

Other than drilling some holes i plan on adding the missing halfround rivetheads on some places.

Edited by Lichtbringer