Rubies E-11 Before & After

BrinkHouse

Hey guys! I'm pretty much finished (barring some minor cleanup and touchups) with my Rubies E-11 blaster mod, here's the before and after. If you guys have any specific questions about it please fire away. I have a bunch of photos I took during the process, I'll do a post mortem soon with lots more pictures. Enjoy!

23959277409_e59c04c90e_z.jpg

23959274969_5495ed5129_z.jpg

24218918052_4e3cf48f72_z.jpg

24300920026_506cb78284_z.jpg

Looks great! I have a few questions.. Did you sand/bondo the seems or fill in the screw holes? And I haven't cut the rail on mine yet but I did cut the space between the scope and the rail. That leaves a bit of a gap between the two halves as you know, did you fill it in? If so, with what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks great! I have a few questions.. Did you sand/bondo the seems or fill in the screw holes? And I haven't cut the rail on mine yet but I did cut the space between the scope and the rail. That leaves a bit of a gap between the two halves as you know, did you fill it in? If so, with what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yeah, I sanded the seam with a dremel and then used an epoxy putty to fill it. It worked ok but if I were to do it again I would probably use actual bondo. Seems like it would've filled in the cracks and sanded/shaped better than the epoxy. I just ended up embracing some of its imperfections, as I knew the detail and canon of this build would never be spot on.

Regarding the space under the scope, I did not fill it. By the time I remembered that it was there I had already mated the two sides and bondo'd the seam. Honestly, with the paint and all the finish, it's near impossible to see unless you intentionally flip it over and look in there. If I were to have filled it, I probably would've used green stuff or bondo with the halves separated, then shaped it before reattaching them.

Edited by BrinkHouse

Andrew, I am surprised what you made out of this toy blaster. It really looks good.

Like Ian already said, the clearing stripe on the inner bolt needs to run from upper left corner to lower right corner.

In your first picture you obviously had planned to lower the T-tracks on the front. That would still be a nice addition to make it look more correct.

• Like 1