TK-10212 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (ATA) [524]

Name: Lorenzo Russo

501st Id: TK-10212

Name FISD forum: elleerre

GARRISON: Italica Garrison

501st STATUS: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=19661

Required information

Armor Maker: ATA WORKS 2014

Helmet Maker: ATA WORKS 2014

Blaster Type: E-11  - Doopydoos pipe kit on aluminum pipe with 3D printed details

Height: 180 cm.

Weight: 80 kgs.

Boots Maker: Black riding boots with plasti-dip coating

Canvas Belt: Self made

Hand plates: Sonnenschein

Neck Seal: Self made

Holster Maker: Self made

PICTURES

Full body

Front - Arms at side

EIB_pict00006.jpg

Back - Arms at side

EIB_pict00019.jpg

Left - arm raised

EIB_pict00007.jpg

Right - arm raised

EIB_pict00008.jpg

Left side detail - arm raised

EIB_pict00017.jpg

Right side detail - arm raised

EIB_pict00005.jpg

Armor details

Abdomen detail

EIB_pict00009.jpg

Action shot

EIB_pict00001.jpg

Cod and butt plate attachment

IMG_2569.jpg

Interior strapping

IMG_2570.jpg

Helmet details

Front

IMG_2544.jpg

Back

IMG_2546.jpg

Left side

IMG_2545.jpg

Right side

IMG_2547.jpg

Hovi tip detail

IMG_2550.jpg

Lens color

IMG_2541.jpg

Blaster details

Blaster Left

IMG_2555.jpg

Blaster right

IMG_2556.jpg

Blaster D ring

IMG_2557.jpg

Accessory details

Neck seal

neckseal2.jpg

Thermal detonator – back

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

Holster attachment

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

Thanks for your consideration.

Lorenzo

Edited by elleerre

Hi Lorenzo and welcome to your EIB appraisal, without any more delay, lets see what we've got!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted. Your armor displays all necessary elements required for EIB. With that, we would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry! :salute:   Congratulations.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section I will touch on suggestions and observations made by both  ukswrath,myself and your fellow troopers. These are suggestions to improve the final look of your armor and do not affect any application unless specifically stated.

You have a nice and clean build here Lorenzo, the helmet paint job is well executed, your blaster is on point, there are just a few maters of minor adjustment and a modification we would like to see made so you look your best. You will be required to make these changes for your Centurion application, and they are listed in that section .

This is one of those things, it's not written in the CRL, but something that stood out to us was how thick the drop boxes in your build look.

Drop box thickness. (approximately 15MM)

The rule of thumb here is 15mm thickness, as you can see from the screen shot below, they are quite slim in comparison. It would be great to see these trimmed down and have you looking as sharp as can be.

Screen shot

gallery_12157_38_16241_zpsai408paz.jpgEIB_pict00009_zpsatlbanhj.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

1. Belt position to low.

The ammo belt should sit at the base of or slightly overlapping the main button plate at the bottom, easily achievable for you. Adjust to red line

2. Close gap between shoulder bells and shoulder bridges.

Its a little hard to tell whether the bells are pulling the elastic out from under the plastic bridges or your straps are ajust slightly to long. If it is the later shortening the straps will bring the two to virtually if not touching each other at the top. (Green circles)

EIB_pict00006_zpsnroj5hhp.jpg

3. Gap between back and kidney plate is too large.

The CRL states no or minimal overlap between the back and kidney, but there should also not be a large gap.

We believe by simply shortening  the connecting straps this will close up to an acceptable level.

EIB_pict00019_zpslydvpl2v.jpg

3. Close up the small gap between Ab and kidney plates

This may have only opened up due to your arms being raised, but eather shortening up the straps, or using a webbing material instead of elastic will keep it closed.

the opposite side is perfect.

EIB_pict00007_zpsa1zrypj9.jpg

Once again Lorenzo, a great clean build, and as we have mentioned, only some fine tuning required.  Make your adjustment, thin down those drop boxes,and hope to see you in the Centurion Request thread soon. Well done.  :duim:

Thanks Andrew, I'll sure make all the modifications quickly.

- Drop boxes

Simple mod, sorry I completely lost this detail during the build.

- belt

has two positions right now, low and high (you can see the buttons on the reverse side picture). Of course I've taken the picture with the wrong position . I was considering adding two more buttons on the armor to keep it in line.

- shoulder bells

Will put the strap snap button upwards

- back gap

Have to decide between shortening the kidney straps or loosen the shoulder ones. Do you think there's a chance for the second option and make the back plate a bit lower behind the neck?

- left side gap

actually webbing non-elastic strips are on that side.

Will make them a bit shorter.

An alternative is to loose a bit the right side. There's a large velcroed pad there to keep my belly inside . Think the gap is due over stretching the right side, will verify.

That said, many thanks to you and the FISD staff for having this armor evaluated, it's an honor and a rewarding sensation!

Da Tapatalk

Edited by elleerre

Thanks Andrew, I'll sure make all the modifications quickly.

- Drop boxes

Simple mod, sorry I completely lost this detail during the build.

- belt

has two positions right now, low and high (you can see the buttons on the reverse side picture). Of course I've taken the picture with the wrong position . I was considering adding two more buttons on the armor to keep it in line.

- shoulder bells

Will put the strap snap button upwards

- back gap

Have to decide between shortening the kidney straps or loosen the shoulder ones. Do you think there's a chance for the second option and make the back plate a bit lower behind the neck?

- left side gap

actually webbing non-elastic strips are on that side.

Will make them a bit shorter.

An alternative is to loose a bit the right side. There's a large velcroed pad there to keep my belly inside . Think the gap is due over stretching the right side, will verify.

That said, many thanks to you and the FISD staff for having this armor evaluated, it's an honor and a rewarding sensation!

Da Tapatalk

Hi Lorenzo

I agree you could lengthen or loosen the shoulder straps to drop the back plate down, as it is not a huge gap, I think that is a good option.

Looks like you are across what you need to do, well done.

See you in Centurion soon :duim: