TFA Stormtrooper Height?

A Master Builder

Do the Stormtroopers from StarWars The Force Awakens relate to the ones in the Original Trilogy as in Height?

Ive heard 5'7-5'11 was average in the OT films. But just a thought..

Maybe they ate their greens and grew like Green Giant?

I sit at 5'8 1/2 with TK boots on, is that a reasonable height for a TFA Stormtrooper?  :smiley-sw013:

#shortpeopleproblems

In the FA, they should vary since they aren't clones. There very well could be a 6'5" trooper for all we know in the Force Awakens. :P

Thanks for giving away the movie lmfao    ;)

But yes, they are not clones; every trooper is unique in TFA.

• Like 1

John Boyega is 5' 9" if that helps.

Daniel Craig is 5'10". Gwendolyn Christie is 6'3".

Any idea how tall Liang Yang (who of course played Riot Control stormtrooper FN-2199) is? Are there any other confirmed stormtroopers that we know of?

• Like 2

If they are "recruiting them from kids" I don't think it matters what size you are...

Exactly, however if they take someone when they are a kid and the kid only grows to be 5'1" I wonder if they would give them a different job then a soldier. Like maybe they assign him a job as a weapons cleaner or something. There's definitely an "ideal height" imo. 

Exactly, however if they take someone when they are a kid and the kid only grows to be 5'1" I wonder if they would give them a different job then a soldier. Like maybe they assign him a job as a weapons cleaner or something. There's definitely an "ideal height" imo.

Not so certain on this, as Finn was assigned garbage patrol...

Not so certain on this, as Finn was assigned garbage patrol...

Actually it was more than that in the book. I haven't read it yet, but it will be interesting to see what actually it says he did.

For the record, the Stormtroopers in the OT were not clones either. There may have been one or two of them hanging out somewhere, but by and large, the TKs in the OT were selected from the Imperial ranks to become Stormtroopers via academy training programs so they were likely just selected from a narrow set of height standards. <br><br>

TFA troopers are very clearly different heights, throughout the movie, you can see this when they are standing or walking together, and by how the armor fits them differently. Many have no neck, many do. Some have very little overlap between the chest and ab plates, others have quite a bit.

• Like 2

For the record, the Stormtroopers in the OT were not clones either. There may have been one or two of them hanging out somewhere, but by and large, the TKs in the OT were selected from the Imperial ranks to become Stormtroopers via academy training programs so they were likely just selected from a narrow set of height standards. <br><br>

TFA troopers are very clearly different heights, throughout the movie, you can see this when they are standing or walking together, and by how the armor fits them differently. Many have no neck, many do. Some have very little overlap between the chest and ab plates, others have quite a bit.

TFA also includes women within their ranks, I'm uncertain if the OT did as well...

What about a radar technician I heard that's the best job in the First Order......ask Kylo Ren. Im 5-9 at 178lbs with a 32" inseam, long arms, short torso and a 34" waist. The only draw back is my stump neck but to me I think the TFA armor is so much better fitting than the Old TK.

What about a radar technician I heard that's the best job in the First Order......ask Kylo Ren. Im 5-9 at 178lbs with a 32" inseam, long arms, short torso and a 34" waist. The only draw back is my stump neck but to me I think the TFA armor is so much better fitting than the Old TK.

I'm 5'10.5" and 150 pounds... Little skinny dude but I plan on building a first order kit after my ANH TK. Have all the odds and ends except the armour. 

But yeah, seems to be pretty good leeway for sizing of a first order trooper. As long as it fits your body, it's good to go. 

• 2 months later...

Gents,

Theories aside, I can tell you that for the casting call for Ep 8 Stormtroopers, all auditionees (me included) had to be between 5'10" and 6'1" tall and have 38-42 inch chest and 32-34 inch waist. So; for the films there you have it. In the Star Wars Universe..........whatever you want it to be I suppose!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I met Aaron Ayamah recently at a Con, he played the elite TIE pilot and was also a First Order TK.

I'd say he's around 5'8" - here's a pic with Samantha Alleyne too, the first female TK!

attachicon.gifaaron and sam.jpg

Thanks for sharing :)