Tips/helps for bringing the costume to life?

JAYSONCOMGUY

Hi, All!<br><br>

Wasn't sure where to tuck this question, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. I wanted to pick the brains of you experienced troopers to learn more about making the most of my time in costume. e.g., What are some fun things you like to do with audiences? Any no-fail go-to moves? Do you keep in character (serious TK mode), let loose, mix it up, and how does that all look? What are some of your best poses/movements when interacting with crowds? And any other tips/tricks you'd care to share. Essentially, what are the ways you like to bring your TK to life for your audiences? <br><br>

It's one thing to look like a TK. It's something else to put some magic in it for the fans. I want to hear from you! :-)

• Like 1

Hey Jayson, for me I like to clown around in my TK.People would think a TK is all serious and when you joke back they love it. Especially with the voice. After awhile it you'll have funny comebacks for all the short,droid and accuracy jokes.for pictures I like to say I blinked and when they ask for a selfie I say oh a stormie. If there taking a fellow members picture I'll come behind them and say focus,focus great shot! I know it's not our line but it works.don't judge me!lol. Either way your having fun and so are they.but when I'm with the boss it's all business. Unless his back is turned.

• Like 1

The #1 thing you can do to bring your TK to life is to get a voice modulation system such as Aker/iComm, RomFx, etc. Looking like a "real" stormtrooper is one thing in and of itself. Looking *and* sounding like one takes the fan interaction to a whole new level.

Other than that, it's situation-dependent. Most instances allow you to loosen up a bit and "play" with the fans - give high-fives, do a little dance, etc. Others situations call for a strictly no-nonsense Imperial Stormtrooper where you'll want to stick with your standard guard poses (attention, low-carry, high-carry, etc.).

• Like 1

Hey Jayson, for me I like to clown around in my TK.People would think a TK is all serious and when you joke back they love it. Especially with the voice. After awhile it you'll have funny comebacks for all the short,droid and accuracy jokes.for pictures I like to say I blinked and when they ask for a selfie I say oh a stormie. If there taking a fellow members picture I'll come behind them and say focus,focus great shot! I know it's not our line but it works.don't judge me!lol. Either way your having fun and so are they.but when I'm with the boss it's all business. Unless his back is turned.

I love this! Fantastic ideas--a "stormie"--brilliant!

<br><br>

The #1 thing you can do to bring your TK to life is to get a voice modulation system such as Aker/iComm, RomFx, etc. Looking like a "real" stormtrooper is one thing in and of itself. Looking *and* sounding like one takes the fan interaction to a whole new level.<br><br>

I agree!--an iComm system is definitely on my list. I'm a communication professor--I can't not talk! ;-)