What's your opinion about this armor?

HIPS. Only good vendor I know of that currently uses HIPS is CAP-W, or it could be an old ATA. The helmet ears look a little weird to me. Other than that, it looks like it can be approved for sure as a Sandtrooper if you can make it fit you. It would have to be a Sandtrooper, as it's missing the TK kneeplate and the abdomen buttons.  Do you have a link with more information about this set of armor, maybe a sale post?

HIPS. Only good vendor I know of that currently uses HIPS is CAP-W, or it could be an old ATA. The helmet ears look a little weird to me. Other than that, it looks like it can be approved for sure as a Sandtrooper if you can make it fit you. It would have to be a Sandtrooper, as it's missing the TK kneeplate and the abdomen buttons.  Do you have a link with more information about this set of armor, maybe a sale post?

It's from a spanish seller "Corsair Kids" 

I want to build a sandtrooper :)

What is CAP-W ? 

And ATA is the version of Stormtrooper armor?

Corsair Kids was recently in a big dispute for recasting ATA if I remember.

I recommend staying with the people on this list who are proven to be trustworthy individuals:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

It's from a spanish seller "Corsair Kids"

I want to build a sandtrooper :)

What is CAP-W ?

And ATA is the version of Stormtrooper armor?

CAP-W and ATA are examples of vendors who sell A New Hope style Stormtrooper armor kits.

If it's true that Corsair Kids is a recaster, then it would not be morally appropriate to purchase from them. That kind of stuff is very much frowned upon. Buying from recasters is comparable to buying stolen goods imo.

If you want HIPS, buy from Scootch. I don't think he's on the list Locitus provided, but he's recommended by many folks here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Edited by SolidScrafty

Mathias does indeed remember correctly, as Corsair's Kids is the sales portal for Low Cost Armor (LCA) which is alleged to be a recast of ATA armor, and reported by some of our members to be poor quality in craftsmanship and appearance.

On 1/10/2016 at 3:49 PM, chewi said:

hi.

question about corsaid kids:

is it possible to get Centurion with their armor (no LCA but PREMIUM)if i respect CRL?

NO, you cannot get eib level much less centurion level.

Georg :

Last week I have had the dubious "honour" to have an LCA armour into my hands.

It is very poor quality in craftsmanship and appearance and details are very bad, If they are present.

It is a recast of FX and recently they have recasted ATA armour, so now it is a mix of FX and ATA.

All products of Korsair Kids are recast. So, LCA is a recast. Well, boots are not a recast but they are ugly and have some strange form on the point.

It is not 2mm, it is like cigarrete paper.

To become a member of 501st with this armour you need A LOT of work and change many pieces. So better buy another armour.

If you really love Star Wars.....

If you really want to become a 501st member.....

If you really want to become a good 501st member....

If you really want to shine on events...... (even dirty.....)

Don't buy recast armours, don't buy rubbish armours, don't buy LCA armours...... please......

It is sayd that one image is better than 1000 words. There you have LCA ammo belt and handplates. Enjoy them.....

zGkKukI.jpg

IhyueYL.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

Hey Carolina ,

I understand your apprehensions but the most vertified 501st armor sellers have exaggerated prices. The most prices of these "good casters" stand in no relation to the material, work and their costs. Me as an student don't have that amout of money and I don't want to support these excessive prices.

When I see a cheap kit like this, with fair prices, I can live with a little bid worse quality. All in all I picked another kit (also cheap) and on the pictures most of the parts are looking totally OK. 

I really love Star Wars and want to build my own Sandtrooper. I'm really exited about my kit and I am sure I can create a fine Sandtrooper with it :)

If the 501st cant deal with that its okay, but I dont feel i am a more worse Sandtrooper than these 501st Sandtroopers. If they want to pay way way more money for a little % of better quality its good, but not for me.

Thats my opinion, but I thank you very much for your opinion!

Greetings.

Edited by Fyves
  • Like 1

You are essentially buying a stolen product. If you're okay with that, fine, but keep in mind that although your kit may seem like a good deal now, it may wind up costing you tons more when you find out you have to replace parts. Won't seem like such a good deal then. You've gotten some good advice, and in the end it's your call whether or not you want to follow it. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

• Like 3

Also, if price is the issue, it wouldn't hurt to let the vendor know. Perhaps they could work out a payment plan for you if you ask about it. We just don't want to see you make a purchase you'll regret ;)

• Like 1

Also, if price is the issue, it wouldn't hurt to let the vendor know. Perhaps they could work out a payment plan for you if you ask about it. We just don't want to see you make a purchase you'll regret ;)

I already asked a vendor about that and don't even get a answer...