Tk armor

Edit: just realized i put this in the wrong section. Im sorry.

Hey guys I'm new to tk armor, coming from TB. So looking on cl and I came across some tk armor. The guy said he bought it from a private party and the guy made star wars costumes.. from what I can tell it looks approvable, or very easily modified to be approved. I don't know the armor all that well.. what do you guys think. What should I off for it? The guy is almost the same build as me. I'm 6,1 he is 6'0 same wieght. 2ae2b6a2e79bc627fd1347c20c7ccee1.jpg

d0e430f9c74dd8c39dd794b4fe8710d9.jpg715c1b490272cd21888208a8b9a0a93a.jpg6f4ecb6dcc85785b05f420993b74a00c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by Beastlykirby

Looks like a Rubies. The bucket (helmet) is a form of a Hero Bucket, but it isnt even close to accurate: you will have to scrap that. The armor itself would need major modification, however the armor is set up for ANH but has ESB hand guards. So you will need to decide from which movie you would like to build. and then either touch up the armor or buy new hand guards.

You may also want to consider how you actually fit into it. If you have to completely take it apart to fit it to you, it may be better of starting from scratch with a new approved armor.

anyway, how much is he offering for it? its has pros and cons to everything.

Edited by illusionz_09
  • Like 1

Actually, the only way people have been approved with rubies has been to turn them into ROTJ because of the moulded in ridge around the torso. So anything else is out of the question.

I would echo all the opinions here, Nick.  Even if this armor was from a vetted maker, it is simply too small for your frame.  The shins alone are WAY too short.  To quote from a famous film,  "Move along"..  To something better!

Thank you guys, I appreciate the responses, the guy wants 1400obo so way to much for something I need so much work on. I know to stay away from eBay and cl normally but since he said he bought it from someone I didn't know if I came across a hidden gem. I will be assembling an armor the old fashioned way so I know it is acceptable. Thanks again.

(Admin you may delete this thread)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 1/8/2016 at 1:33 PM, Locitus said:

Actually, the only way people have been approved with rubies has been to turn them into ROTJ because of the moulded in ridge around the torso. So anything else is out of the question.

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but this one seems to be as good of place than another to ask:
* Have people attempted to remove the molded ridge on the Rubies TK to make it into ANH style either by cutting it off or grinding it down? And if so, would cutting the ridge off make the pieces too small afterwards? Just wondering if making a Rubies into a ROTJ is the only option