Cricket

Hello from NW Georgia!

Hello!

I've wanted to be a Stormtrooper since I first saw ANH in the theaters when I was a kid.  I discovered the 501st was even a 'thing' at a DragonCon parade a few years ago.  It's taken me some time to finally muster up the courage to jump in to this adventure.  I've spent countless hours reading all the forums about crafting the armor; there is so much to learn, and I'm excited about it!  I've requested Cadet Status over at the Georgia Garrison 501st, so hopefully I'll be in touch with some locals soon.  

I love creating costumes and building Halloween props.  My big builds last year were a Monster in a Box (motion activated w/light and sound), and a Leering Skeleton prop.  I'm hoping my skills at creating Halloween props will serve me well on this journey.  Fingers crossed!

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to create posts that share your tips and tricks!

You're in good hands with the GA Garrison and the troopers here at FISD! I was born and raised in NW GA! I grew up in Cobb County. If you have any questions during your research at build, don't hesitate to ask.

Hey Christine, welcome to the FISD! Sounds like you are well on your way to a great journey! You'll have more fun than you already think :smiley-sw013:

Hello and welcome aboard

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hello Christine and welcome to the FISD!  :smiley-sw013:

Greetings from Atlanta-ish!  Glad you're looking at a TK :D  Hit us up on the Georgia 501st forum soon!

Edit: ah, just saw Steve approved you as a Cadet.  Welcome there, too!

Edited by bzb

Wow, thanks for the greetings everyone!  

I've been busy purchasing my accessories this month.  I've already dropped almost $1k on gear and tools (I love my Hyperfirm e-11!!!), and that doesn't even include the armor kit.  Did someone say building a TK was cheap?  ;)

It's gonna be a long wait for my ATA kit, but when it finally arrives, I know I will be ready (ha ha... did I just write that?!).  And that's thanks to all the amazing build posts here.  I'm hoping that when I finally start my build, that I will remember to take photos along the way to share.  

And this is all still rather intimidating for me to do.  Not that I don't have the technical skills- I know my way around a workshop.  It's just that y'all are a bunch of guys with lots of serious skills here... and me, I'm a tiny chick who wants to be like y'all.  The Galactic Empire is an equal opportunity employer now, right?