RS Prop Masters?

I think the average delivery time for an RS suit is between one and two months . <br>

So, at the maximum , two months for a tailor made screen accurate suit of complete ready to wear armour . <br>

I consider this to be excellent service . But still people complain .<br><br>

For some reason , other members are prepared to wait seven to twelve months for American suit kits , not built kits ,many never complain ,.... And in the case of the Anavos offer, wait over a year, after paying up front , and still only get a kit of parts . <br><br>

I think it fair to say that RS have the best service available for troopers .

I've waited since 1977 for mine, another 2 months is hardly going to be a problem...

gives me time to, Erm, oh there's nothing I have to do but wait ho hum...

Are we there yet?

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Edited by AWOL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the vid's. I'm so anxious. My comission date was yesterday, so hopefully I get the tracking number or shipment notification this week. I know they just moved to a new studio this past week so might push us all back a bit.

• Like 2

you can't go wrong with RS if accuracy is what you're after. Superb people offering a quality suit! Been trooping in mine for over 4 years now, and definitely no regrets here. Go for it!

They make for a great display piece as well:

XL25xMc.jpg

Nice!!!!

Andy

Mine came in today, took some preliminary pictures. Took almost 8 weeks to the day. Well worth it. My neck seal popped out on the last image and my detonator is upside down and forgot to snap on my belt. BUT ITS AWESOME!! ->>

Pics of my suit: http://imgur.com/a/444Ef

Unboxing Vid: (Not as good as IceStormTK's) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJKsMHpFI8

Edited by Dekard
  • Like 1

Mine came in today, took some preliminary pictures. Took almost 8 weeks to the day. Well worth it. My neck seal popped out on the last image and my detonator is upside down and forgot to snap on my belt. BUT ITS AWESOME!! ->>

Pics of my suit: http://imgur.com/a/444Ef

Unboxing Vid: (Not as good as IceStormTK's) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJKsMHpFI8

You look AWESOME, Jeremy! Looks like you did a great job with giving them good measurements to build from. Your video is great, and it's just as good as mine, because it gives us a different perspective of what's coming from that awesome pair of brown boxes. Shooting videos is a lot more difficult than most people think, and you put yourself out there fearlessly anyway. Right on! Keep it up.

• Like 1

Thanks IceStormTK! I'm totally stoked, it fits great! I took my submission pictures I sent off for 501st approval. :) Love the suit. I highly recommend it for anyone on the fence. Now finding getting a box to store it in while not wearing it and will probably switch out to a hard lens.

http://imgur.com/a/ExZ53

Edited by Dekard

mine is from RS and i am very happy with this armor since 2014.

i have only little problem with legs, they are little too much long and hard to walk without to be hurted behind knees.

i need fix that later but armor is very accurate and perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received my RS armor and LOVE it......so far!!!! I havent tried it on yet!!! One thing i wanna replace right away is the green lens...... where can I get a replacement at?? Trooperbay?? Also do i want flat or bubble, 1 or 2 piece, dark or light green??

I received my RS armor and LOVE it......so far!!!! I havent tried it on yet!!! One thing i wanna replace right away is the green lens...... where can I get a replacement at?? Trooperbay?? Also do i want flat or bubble, 1 or 2 piece, dark or light green??

That depends what you intend doing, the stunt won't be approved at all if you put bubble or smoked lenses in it, they need to be flat green...

No point changing them as far as I see...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

From the 501st crl page...

Helmet

For 501st approval:

Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.

And that's for basic approval...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Edited by AWOL

Yes, definitely flat green lenses. You can replace the thin acetate one (it is the most accurate, but flimsy) with a thicker one from TrooperBay or other source. You local hardware or welding store may even carry face shields that are the same material as TrooperBay's. Look for a Shade 3 plastic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to post here a special "thank you " to Roy alias IcestormTK for the videos and the help with his posts and to take the RS suit.

I finally made my way to the troops and the 501st german garrison. i am proud to be a member and looking forward to my first troop.

Next on my to do list is hunting the expert infantry and afterwards the centurion badge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Collected mine direct from RS last Friday. Super happy with it.

Just waiting on the neck seal as they had none left [i pestered them to make it for my Birthday, which was the day i collected]. Hope it turns up to complete the outfit and my submission.

TK1_zpsuisir8wx.jpg

Wow - armor fits you like a glove. What's your height and weight?

Cheers buddy

6ft tall, a shade under 14 stone [190lbs]. I had a measuring session with them when i ordered, not sure just how accurate to those measurements they are made. They did alter the back a little whilst i was there and lower the arms a little too.

• 3 years later...

Hello 

I see that the last message was in 2016 just found this thread searching through white armor      I just Ordered a Full Commission TK from RS back on 9/21/19 and they stated 8 weeks for a complete build...    I am into week 5 and I am getting excited more with every passing day..      I just hope I did my measurements right.      I ordered helmet pads,  UKWRATHS Fans and bracket,  UKWRATHS Hearing Aid, E-6000 glue and static burst from Trooper Tramp.   cant wait to start building the helmet inside 

Peter Bond

TK-0007