Is this glue okay for ABS? I don't want to try it and mess up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Penguitrooper

A lot of us use plastic weld by Devcon, or CA Glue with accelerant from the hobby store. Some also use E-6000.

I haven't worked with the loctite you pictured above, so can't speak for its effectiveness. I have used the DevCon and the CA glue on my scout and my First Order, and I like using both. 

Another advantage to E-6000 is that any "over spill" or seepage that dries on your armor can be removed usually just by rubbing it with your thumb.  When using CA glue, if it runs, (and it will) getting it off requires a lot of sanding, followed by a lot of scratch removal products like the 3 step Novus system to get it back to looking good.   You can purchase a few extra clamps and/or magnets, and like John (TyWebb1075) said, work on something else while you "hurry up and wait" for it to dry.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

I still can't imagine why some are ok with waiting months for an armor kit and can't afford the E6000 24h drying time.

Da Tapatalk

I completely agree.

That loctite glue is however excellent for attaching the rubber/latex handguards to the rubber gloves.

I completely agree.That loctite glue is however excellent for attaching the rubber/latex handguards to the rubber gloves.

Used it too for the handguards, but good old E6000 for the armor

Zap-A-Gap is fine for things you're 1000% positive you will never need to change. Anything else, take your time and use E6000 builds. Unless you're Trooperbay and do speed builds in a day and you have a perfect body type for the armor. 

• Like 1