converting an anh stunt to an hwt

NabooKnight

I'm getting ready to start the conversion let me know if you guys have any helpful pointers. I have a black pauldron on the way as the crl says I can have black, white, or orange. How I should go about doing the proper amount of scuffing and battle damage would be appreciated? I'm plan on staring to look for pack parts about town tommorow.

Great to see another future HWT, Jacob!   As for the "weathering", just remember it is supposed to be relatively light.  For a perfect examples of this, check out my friend Charles (Templar726) from the GA. Garrisons' EIB submission pics: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30336-tk-72627-requesting-hwt-eib-status-fx3/, as well as Tony's (ukswrath) EIB photos: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30047-tk-10116-requesting-hwt-eib-status-ataapproved/

One of the great things about becoming a HWT is that you don't have to make it a permanent change.  I do 99% of events as one, but on occasion there are troops that want a regular TK, (like Disney).  It's a pretty easy change-over, actually.  My drop-boxes are attached to my belt with snaps, and my E-11 holster is held on with Chicago screws, so everything comes off easily.  Then, I just clean up and polish my armor and I'm ready to go!

When building your pack, I highly suggest looking at the build threads by Charles and Tony, located in the HWT area.  The reason being is that these are built to 501st specs for HWT approval, (as is mine).  While it may be tempting to add/change things here or there to "jazz it up", I don't suggest this, as it would eliminate you from 501st approval, and therefore no good for trooping.  The CRLs are there for continuity purposes, so I would stick with them.  

Also, one of things I like best about being a HWT is that you can add a BFG!  I started out with a DLT-19, but then moved to a T-21... love it!

Best of luck on your build, and if I can be of any assistance, just PM me and I will be happy to help you out!

Edited by justjoseph63

• 3 months later...

has there ben a change of crls lately as i have read that for basic approval you can have drop boxes still attatched?

CRL:

Belt
For 501st approval:
Belt face is made of plastic (TK ammo belt).
The soft belt proper is made of canvas, or material with a canvas covering. Size is 2.75” (70 mm) to 3.25”(83 mm) wide and not wider than the plastic portion of the belt. The color is white to off-white.
It is allowable to have drop boxes for the 501st requirements. If the drop boxes are used, they dangle from the sides of the front plastic belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt. 

• 2 months later...

Joseph,

Regarding the belt conversion, how is it acceptable to have the holes for the holster on the canvas belt when you are a HWT?

I was planning on getting HWT approval, then making the necessary changes to get TK approval, but I realized that I wound need to punch holes in the belt to mount the TK holster.  The holes can't be hidden when you remove the holster.

Once the holes are there, wouldn't I "void" my HWT approval?

I don't mind spending the money to buy another canvas belt for TK, but having the little holes for the holster when you're a HWT doesn't seem like a big enough deal to spend the extra money.

Joseph,

Regarding the belt conversion, how is it acceptable to have the holes for the holster on the canvas belt when you are a HWT?

I was planning on getting HWT approval, then making the necessary changes to get TK approval, but I realized that I wound need to punch holes in the belt to mount the TK holster.  The holes can't be hidden when you remove the holster.

Once the holes are there, wouldn't I "void" my HWT approval?

I don't mind spending the money to buy another canvas belt for TK, but having the little holes for the holster when you're a HWT doesn't seem like a big enough deal to spend the extra money.

I personally would recommend what I did, Shea.  I first got my ANH Stunt approval, (all the way to Centurion) and then I applied for HWT basic and above.  You may not need to change the belts, but I found it much easier.  The MP-40 ammo pack worn on your left side may hide the holes in the belt if worn right.

• Like 2

I ended up getting pre-approval to use the one on the left for HWT and the one on the right for TK. All I need to do is buy another canvas belt and one will have the holster holes and the HWT one will not. I'll settle for that.

D9903D0F-D916-473B-897A-E8696491DEE4.thumb.jpg.32d9702b623fbecb11affca676c5d106.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated