Any really tall/big stormtroopers?

Jim, I'm 6'3" & 270 lbs, linebacker build, and went with an AM 2.0 kit. I had to add shims to the kidney and had to replace my shins with TM extra long shins as there was just too much black showing between thighs and shins. AM 2.0 is not as accurate as RT-MOD, but is definitely a bit bigger. I have replaced my chest/back plates with RT-MOD plates for accuracy reasons and can confirm that AM is bigger. I'm not sure any kit will fit your height without it looking off, maybe someone can chime in with suggestions for modifications...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey Jim. It sorta depends on your proportions.

I would say that RT-MOD works for someone up to a 46 chest and 40" waist without problem.

The RT legs work well for 34" inseam. TM's shins are longer but a different color plastic.

Have you thought about doing a Vader?

And TyWebb is an imposing TD for sure. I can't wait to finish my sandie this year so we can tromp around and loom over people.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I share Jim's concerns, though to a perhaps lesser degree (?). I'm 6'4", 230 lbs, and ordered the ANOVOS Black Friday special back in November. Hoping beyond hope that I can pull it off without too much black in the wrong places, but I won't know officially until the kits come in and we get the thing built. As a precaution I added myself to RT-Mod's wait list, but he won't get to me til late 2016. Waiting is standard in this hobby, but it's probably even more frustrating when you have to wait in multiple lines as you piece together a kit from various vendors. Ugh. I hope to heck I can get enough solid information from this forum that I can make my armor search maximally efficient. Thanks to all you veteran TKs who've shared your experience! --Jayson

• Like 2

On 1/2/2016 at 8:00 PM, troopermaster said:

TM armour with XL shins. 6'6" 230lbs.

Do you make longer thighs too? How well would these blend in with other armors, such as MTK or ATA?

Do you make longer thighs too? How well would these blend in with other armors, such as MTK or ATA?

MTK is whiter than 1.5mm TM. But TM matches ATA pretty well. Both are creamy white. 

And TM's shins are taller than RT's even. I should take a photo at some point. 

-Eric

You should. I use RT shins with my ATA and had with my TE2 as well, but the plastic is a wee bit off. I'm happy to go TM legs if they will look better.

You should. I use RT shins with my ATA and had with my TE2 as well, but the plastic is a wee bit off. I'm happy to go TM legs if they will look better.

ATA belt, RT shin and TM thigh in the crap lighting of my place.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451766882.942337.jpg

RT shin compared to taller TM shin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451766929.401339.jpg

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6e892b49f4f798f2bd6e80173d1272d2.jpg

TM XL on left, AM 2.0 on right

The 2" makes a huge difference if you are around 6'2" or taller. And the white is almost an exact match if you are making a clean TK in my opinion. AM is roomier if you have big calves. I have a tough time closing the TM shins on my calves but you can't beat the look they provide.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by TyWebb1075

Thanks! I'm hoping to make it over to the UK this year and if so, will try to grab a set while I'm there.

Is TM in the UK?--I nearly forgot. I'll be in Liverpool for three weeks this coming May. Wondering how hard it would be to connect and have a pair of his XL shins (and perhaps thighs) sent to the university where I'll be staying. Can't think of a better souvenir from my time there! Anybody done this before?

Is TM in the UK?--I nearly forgot. I'll be in Liverpool for three weeks this coming May. Wondering how hard it would be to connect and have a pair of his XL shins (and perhaps thighs) sent to the university where I'll be staying. Can't think of a better souvenir from my time there! Anybody done this before?

You can send Troopermaster (Paul) a private forum message and ask him: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/76-troopermaster/

-Eric

I'm debating this myself, grew up always wanting to be a stormtrooper but never got around to actually look into it seriously.  Now I'm taking a serious look into getting a suit for the next few Star Wars premiers, but I'm not sure what I'd look best in.

I'm a tall, but slender guy standing at 6'5" at 170lbs.  I was thinking SnowTrooper armor would probably work best since most of it is fabric, but I'm not too sure.  I also don't think I'd be a good vader since I'm not widely built like he is, but I do have broad shoulders and am pretty tall.