FN FO Bloody Sandy Trooper Build

Yummi

So as I wait for my FO kit to arrive I have decided to share my plans to see what everyone thinks!

I haven't seen much talk about it but I want to recreate the first scene of Ep.07 in my trooper and make Fins bloody helmet and sandy looking TK.

Opinions? What do yall think?post-25528-145162844928_thumb.jpg

post-25528-145162845654_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm also waiting for my kit and was thinking of doing the same thing. I don't think I will end up doing that - they look so beautiful in pristine condition - but it's still on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shadan
  • Like 1

I'm also waiting for my kit and was thinking of doing the same thing. I don't think I will end up doing that - they look so beautiful in pristine condition - but it's still on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha true, I'm a sandy so it interested me extremely I think it would be rather unique, considering I haven't seen really any talk on it

That could be pretty cool. One thing to keep in mind is trooping. If you want to do the charity events and events with families that bloody helmet could be a bit too much. Just something to think about! :)

Very true... hmmm. I mean the blood on the helmet has a sandy touch so it's not all red. So if all goes wrong I could just build another helmet.

That could be pretty cool. One thing to keep in mind is trooping. If you want to do the charity events and events with families that bloody helmet could be a bit too much. Just something to think about! :)

Agreed - would suggest having 2 helmets for this reason...

Agreed - would suggest having 2 helmets for this reason...

Wouldn't that look kind of messed up if the armour is squeeky clean? Or the reverse?

Will for sure look into it. You think a sandy FO will be approvable?

They will have to be, just like ANH armor can be clean or scuffed. While most NO TK's are clean, after the battle of Jakku there are certainly weathered guys walking around. My crystal ball says that my TFA TK will be like my ANH TK - start out clean and over time as it gets scuffed & sratched from use, I'll just weather it to match.

Mathias - no, you can't have a clean suit & a dirty helmet. I was thinking he'd have a dirty suit and then just two helmets, one with & one without the hand print.

I'm always in support of some sand and weathering :P We didn't get any new sandtroopers in this film so we gotta take what we can get.

Sandtroopers are just dirty TK's with a pack. The differences in armor are simply due to changes from filming from Tunisia to London. If ANH had been filmed today the armor would have been identical, just like in TFA. Or if FISD had existed before MEPD, it's more likely that there would be no MEPD, and the sandtrooper would have been "TK: Desert Trooper" under FISD.

Mathias - no, you can't have a clean suit & a dirty helmet. I was thinking he'd have a dirty suit and then just two helmets, one with & one without the hand print.

Gotcha. :)

True enough. Only differences are the sniper knee plate and drop the TD for a backpack (minus a trooper not wearing either in a scene). 

The new MEPD artwork looks pretty cool though

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I'm always in support of some sand and weathering We didn't get any new sandtroopers in this film so we gotta take what we can get.

Lol hell yeah, I'm about to be a TD just gotta submit pics, that's why I want to do this so bad

They will have to be, just like ANH armor can be clean or scuffed. While most NO TK's are clean, after the battle of Jakku there are certainly weathered guys walking around. My crystal ball says that my TFA TK will be like my ANH TK - start out clean and over time as it gets scuffed & sratched from use, I'll just weather it to match.

Yup you nailed it! I will have 2 helmets both weathered with sand, one with the print one without. I've always loved the way sandies looked. To me the sand weathering gave them a little more aggressive feel. I get my helmet Wednesday so I might start working on it then! :)