Anovos helmet - 3d scanned or from digital files used in the production of the movie?

Vaj

We can keep debating on where these files ANOVOS had came from, and speculating about Disney's involvement. Truth be told, no one knows unless you were part of the process of what happened between Disney and ANOVOS... Neither are talking so the point is moot.<br><br>

I'm with Bender on this. I'm tired of people bashing ANOVOS. Do I know them? No. I do know some of them are Legion members, and I do know that their Star Trek line, and Battlestar Galactica line are authentic reproductions. I see them putting the same hardship and love into Star Wars too. Have I made a purchase from them? No. Have I seen their TFA TK armour worn by other Legion members? Yes, and it looks awesome!

Used to be 501st members. They are not anymore.

Still,doesn't mean we should let them out to dry...

No. I just want the record to be straight. They haven't been 501st members for a long time.

We can keep debating on where these files ANOVOS had came from, and speculating about Disney's involvement. Truth be told, no one knows unless you were part of the process of what happened between Disney and ANOVOS... Neither are talking so the point is moot.<br><br>

I'm with Bender on this. I'm tired of people bashing ANOVOS. Do I know them? No. I do know some of them are Legion members, and I do know that their Star Trek line, and Battlestar Galactica line are authentic reproductions. I see them putting the same hardship and love into Star Wars too. Have I made a purchase from them? No. Have I seen their TFA TK armour worn by other Legion members? Yes, and it looks awesome!

I think it is best to differentiate ANOVOS as a whole and this particular project. As has been stated, they've been excellent with their Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica lines. I myself have personally bought a bunch of BSG items from them in the past and they've been fantastic.

Ā 

That said, I think it's clear that there have been mis-steps with the SW line to date. Severe quality issues with the first batch of helmets and inconsistent customer support being one. Second is incorrect information on the TFA suits. There are also issues with Vader items too.

Ā 

Looking forward, their customer server seems to be getting back on track (my experience and reading posts of others), and their ANH TK items has enjoyed more transparency. Based on this I'm presuming 2016 will be a better year.

Ā 

Yes, there is a set of 501st members hoping they will fail, but the majority seem to be wishing them success. It would be illogical to paint every 501st member with the same brush, just as it is illogical to try to rationalize and downplay their mistakes.

• Like 1

I know there is one with abs and Fiberglas buckets side by side... Search "ANOVOS" threads... Think there's one specifically for the FO abs bucket too

thanks I saw the pictures! Both helmets have their inaccuracies in my eyes but the biggest one is the mic tip area on the ABS version. It looks like they needed to change the design and extend parts slightly to be able to assemble the ABS parts *seemlessly*. Personally I would go for the fiberglas version and deepen the trapezoids a bit more maybe.

There are side by side shots of the abs versus the fiberglass here.

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34541-anovos-tfa-fn-stormtrooper-helmet-thoughts/?p=450134

Ā 

I just want to state for the record that I'm going to give Anovos the benefit of the doubt and hope their 2016 kits will knock it out of the park. While there are minor quality control issues with the abs helmets and some slight changes between the two it seems. (However it's been mostly hearsay from members from the facebook TK build, so I'm assuming their word is solid). The little things don't bother me as much as it would other members I believe.

Ā 

However that said I am of the financial situation where owning multiple helmets and suits is really not a viable option for me. So I'd personally like to get the most accurate cost for parts worth out of my money the first time around.

Ā 

Best of luck to Anovos for the New Year.

Edited by Drogmir

If anovos fails, it wont be because of the 501st and it's detachments. It will be because they failed to bring accuracy and quality customer service to the table. Had they given us what was promised, things would be different; Members might not feel lied to and crapped on.Ā 

Ā 

I hope anovos doesn't fail, because I don't think they'll leave without a big ugly fight and taking a lot of our prop builders down with them.Ā 

Ā 

To all you folks that love anovos and their new suits, that's great, because it's going be your only choice. That is unless you have the talent or know somebody to do it better.