Armor advice for the new guy

Greetings all. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

As I try to learn as much as possible, I find myself overwhelmed and semi lost at the same time.

I am 6' 250lbs. I'm currently researching armor kits. So I wanted your advice on a few things.

Best kit for my size without a year long wait? I have seen "be patient" enough to understand that nothing is quick but still, knowing the quality and timeframes are important to me.

Also can a larger guy kit reach upgraded status' or because of the upscale do armor is it basic approval only. I tend to strive for the best and want to know what I am getting into.

I guess that answers that my end result is 501st approval. Thanks to all in advance and please feel free to ask or answer any details I may have left out.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard, have a read through the Getting Started section, lots of info on armor sizing and maker info there.

Hello and welcome aboard, have a read through the Getting Started section, lots of info on armor sizing and maker info there.

Thank you for the advice. I have read through there many times and was just looking for a more open dialog about it. Admins feel free to delete if not allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm 6'2" 220. Here's the kit I used. The only mod I needed was to order a new kidney plate from another trooper who makes extended kidney plates. It's a little more work with this kit because you have to paint it, but it looks great and I've earned Expert Infantry status with it. Plus... No waiting!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Steve, Let me know how you make out I'm about 10 pounds lighter then you so same measurements. I'm looking at AM 2.0 or RT-MOD.

John

John,

So far so good. I have a small about 3" gap between the ab and the kidney. This gap is where my extra 10 lbs really shines (i mean sticks) through. I will be working hard to fix that but will need a cover up method in the mean time. I will post a pic of my test fir yesterday once i figure out how to post a pic.