TFA Armor

I've been doing some searching around, and I've noticed a lot of posts (especially in sales) about TFA belts, boots, blasters, a few buckets, and other such accessories... But little to nothing for the actual armor kits. Anyone know who'd building them, and if anyone is selling yet? Of course there's ANOVOS, but I've heard ugly rumors about their kit prices.. eesh.

(My apologies if this is in the wrong board - this seemed like the best place for a discussion)

Edited by klmeyer93

I've been doing some searching around, and I've noticed a lot of posts (especially in sales) about TFA belts, boots, blasters, a few buckets, and other such accessories... But little to nothing for the actual armor kits. Anyone know who'd building them, and if anyone is selling yet? Of course there's ANOVOS, but I've heard ugly rumors about their kit prices.. eesh.

(My apologies if this is in the wrong board - this seemed like the best place for a discussion)

Supposed to be some guy named Jim from the Phillipines who makes a kit for 800$ = 100$ shipping on average. Apparently a good guy and has good quality stuff. I'm not exactly sure how to get into contact with him though, but I do believe is is on the forums. 

And the price with Anovos isn't the only bad thing. It's the wait list. There's so many people who want it and are going to pre-order it that I won't be surprised if there's a year- year and a half wait if you take too long to buy it. 

Supposed to be some guy named Jim from the Phillipines who makes a kit for 800$ = 100$ shipping on average. Apparently a good guy and has good quality stuff. I'm not exactly sure how to get into contact with him though, but I do believe is is on the forums. 

And the price with Anovos isn't the only bad thing. It's the wait list. There's so many people who want it and are going to pre-order it that I won't be surprised if there's a year- year and a half wait if you take too long to buy it. 

Oh yeah. The wait list is another huge drawback.  They rushed helmet production to have the first month's orders shipped for the movie... and I've been seeing defects as a result. It's a choice between pre-ordering early and risking poor production, or waiting and hoping for a long wait to pay off.

I've seen mention of 'Jim' as well. Hopefully I can find out who he is, since he's the only real lead I have!

Been looking there too - and I think this might be "Jim?" Or just a coincidence. Either way he's away until January, but pretty good looking armor I think? There are accuracy updates in the later pages.

But it's a flexible fiberglass... thoughts on that over plastic?

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=245993

But it's a flexible fiberglass... thoughts on that over plastic?

There is a member in our garrison who purchased both fibreglass and ABS kits, he prefers the fibreglass but did mention he had to make some modifications for accuracy. I personally prefer ABS, lighter for me as I have a few medial issues ;).

Any armor would still need to be painted so really it comes down to price, accuracy and availability, licensing may also be an issue depending on the mouse ;)