Anovos FO helmet lense replacement

Cowboy Kylo

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm very happy overall with my bucket and I'm getting more used to the lenses the more I wear it around. It was probably just because this is my first bucket I wasn't sure what to expect.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea same here, I'm trying to wear the lid as much as I can around the house before I go do anything outside. Get used to it and everything(also my first helmet). Still not super stoked, mines really distorted near the middle. I find myself looking at everything sideways.

Interested if anyone has managed to polish them up and gotten results worth the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my First Order helmet in from Anovos and the lenses are indeed horrible... I wonder if they didn't care because they thought most people would be using them as display pieces or something?

But either way, I basically can't see anything due to the distortion which is a huge no-no for me. Not sure why Anovos did this knowingly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my anovos helmet with swapped lense. Just ordered a dark smoke motorcycle visor and basically cut it to same size as anovos lense and it looks great and the visibility is 100% better

bb382372ae6fe3f489b14fb5e58a5f58.jpg

993595db49f1cbf2319a9783c7257dd9.jpg

577ab4a0e86003035a3fa8d167b44b72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got the Vaderpainter lens as well, and waiting on some brave fool soul to post a how-to w/ the standard bucket.

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?"

The answer to removal is carefully! Yet to do mine but I understand it's not too hard if you know where to push/pull.

I'll see if I can find some instructions.

• Like 1

Here's a helpful description of the removal process courtesy of FISD Member, Dakari ....

The first thing I did was to spread my thumb and forefingers across the front of the lenses and alternate light pressure from one side to another. I was able to hear the CA glue giving way as I did this and the lenses felt noticeably looser.

After loosening the outer edge tangs, loosen the lens from the center pin using finger pressure or if needed the small slotted screwdriver. There are 2 other pin locations on the upper lens, repeat for these if necessary. Mine was loose as a goose and no additional pressure was needed.. These were the primary glue points on my lens. Once they were free, the lens pivoted back, I released the lens cup, and the lenses rolled back and out.

• Like 2