Anovos TFA FN Stormtrooper Helmet Thoughts?

cjdesign

More of a wait time though. :/ But that's good they are willing to help you out. At least their customer service seems decent.

I'll wait all day long for the quality I paid for. Still waiting for the FO FN kit so what's the difference really. :popcorn:

Anovos has agreed to give me a replacement due to the gap in the Vocoder. :duim:

Ā 

I think you mean Aerator socket correct? If so from what I've heard and seen it's a pretty common concern. It's either a design, mold, or trimming issue IMHO. To those who own one it MAY be worth the $ for a close replacement to the 5lb bowling ball we now have but in all reality it's not much different in construction compared the $99 two piece mask. Unfortunately for us consumers the demand is high and as usual the quality is eh!

Ā 

For $200 (what I paid for mine) it's an evil I'm willing to tolerate, imperfections and all.

I think you mean Aerator socket correct?

Ā 

Aerator socket is on my bathroom faucet... :PĀ  Oh is that what the cool kids are calling it these days. lol

Edited by cjdesign
  • Like 1

I think you mean Aerator socket correct? If so from what I've heard and seen it's a pretty common concern. It's either a design, mold, or trimming issue IMHO. To those who own one it MAY be worth the $ for a close replacement to the 5lb bowling ball we now have but in all reality it's not much different in construction compared the $99 two piece mask. Unfortunately for us consumers the demand is high and as usual the quality is eh!

Ā 

For $200 (what I paid for mine) it's an evil I'm willing to tolerate, imperfections and all.

Ā 

It's the principal. I guarantee they will examine the helmet before sending it off to me again... they are sending me a fedex return label as well.

Ā 

Ā 

Received mine yesterday and overall it looks pretty solid. Going to give it a closer inspection under better lighting today but the only thing that jumps out is the common issue of the Aerator gap. I think Tony pretty much summed up my feelings.

Edited by Vertex

It's the principal. I guarantee they will examine the helmet before sending it off to me again... they are sending me a fedex return label as well.

Well Carl I don't recall the sales information stating it will be as good as or even close to original ANOVOS (FO Armor) helmet in quality and given the build record so far, I'm waving the checkered flag for you brother :duim:

Ā 

I'll leave everyone with this thought, when the day comes detailed pictures of actual movie armor, including the helmet come to light you'll think back to this moment and say, "I only paid $200 for this helmet and they (meaning the big "D") probably paid a couple thousand for theirs, SUCKAS! :laugh1:

It would still be 501st approvable even with that minor "mistake" right? As long as that's the case it's no big deal. Just nit-picking and perfectionism. :) At least for me, I'd be happy with it.

Ā 

501st shouldn't be a problem at all, but then again I don't make the rules so don't quote me on that.

I got mine sometime before Xmas.Ā  I'm really happy with it and it'll likely be my trooping helmet while the other Anovos lid stays on shelf duty.Ā  I didn't pour over every little minute detail looking for issues, but there were no problems that I noticed.

Anovos has agreed to give me a replacement due to the gap in the Vocoder. :duim:

Ā 

Ā 

Glad to hear you have received a postive reply.

Ā 

I'm still waiting for a response to my open ticket with attached pics of the defects.

Ā 

I'm guessing they will exchange BUT I'm in the UK, I somehow escaped paying any custom's fees/tax when the helmet was delivered. If a replacement was sent and it got caught with custom's fee's do you think Ā ANOVOS would accept responsibility and pay the fee seeing as it was there mistake or will it be sod's law and I would need to pay even more for a helmet without any defects.

Ā 

Dammed if you do.....

Mine arrived today. ABS on the left, Fiberglass (shot with automotive paint) right. Not sure if it's worth $200 but definitely a viable non-LFL replacement trooping bucket, especially since it literally 3.5lbs + lighter.

Ā 

IMG_5530.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5538.jpgIMG_5543.jpgIMG_5544.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5548.jpg

How is there a fiberglass version as well?? Was this the kit that was released to 501st only??

I got mine a good couple of days ago. I noticed that a common complaint (along with my own) is that the vents on the left side of the ABS version doesn't quite match perfect rectangles like the other side.

Ā 

Something tells me it's leftover flash from the injection process that everyone has to manual clear out themselves if little things like that bother them.

Ā 

My aerator socket is also a little bit weird, but in this case it's a little bit of extra material hangout that I'll have to file down. Instead of any major gaps like some others have had.Ā 

Ā 

It's interesting to see online actually that some people are perfectly happy with their helmets minor imperfections and all since as a trooping helmet it seems to be good enough. While other are calling it unacceptable for the $200-250 they paid and are requesting exchanges.

I'm sure this info is on a thread/the interweb somewhere, but was reading this thread and thought I'd ask. Is there a (even if very tentative) release timeframe for full TFA TK/FN (?) armor for sale? I'm finishing up my original TK for 501 submission soon.

I'm sure this info is on a thread/the interweb somewhere, but was reading this thread and thought I'd ask. Is there a (even if very tentative) release timeframe for full TFA TK/FN (?) armor for sale? I'm finishing up my original TK for 501 submission soon.

No.

<br>

Just had a customs bill arrive today for my defect helmet....Ā£50.00 to pay to fedex.<br>

Happy days NOT. Still no reply from my open ticket. Like Han says "I've got a bad feeling......"

Ā 

Keep hastling them Bryan, eventually they will get fed up with you and reply!

Ā 

As and when they reply, and agree to send a replacement helmet, get them to mark it as "returned for repair"- you shouldnt then get an additional customs charge.

• Like 1

i would like buy a armour ANHĀ  with his helmet first.not enough money to buy both

Ā 

Not quite sure who's armor you're referring to but fair enough. When you first placed your order you should have received a confirmation email stating your order #, etc. You can also contact ANOVOS.com directly and request a refund.Ā 

Ā 

http://www.anovos.com/pages/support