Anovos TFA FN Stormtrooper Helmet Thoughts?

cjdesign

Received mine today... not bad! Looks accurate and similar to the prototype on the website. The hard hat strapping fits nice.

Only cons would be the distorted vision and some light abrasions on the base of the helmet, and center front.  Any thoughts from members with first run fiberglass costumes to compare too.

Edited by cjdesign

Got my Anovos standard line helmet a couple of days ago. Really disappointed with the quality. There are glue marks on the black mesh around the frown, both lens are scuffed, gaps around the mic tip, damaged frown, a bump in the center of the brow and many marks dotted around the top and sides (which look looks crease's in the plastic).

All the above has not been caused during transit...Box and shipping carton arrived in very good condition...This is just poor QUALITY CONTROL.

I've created a support ticket with Anovos and just waiting for them to respond after seeing the following photo's.

xPMZ5Wr.jpg

kxWyh3o.jpg

k2ntKqU.jpgw8GGe5h.jpg

I've seen posts from other's highlighting many flaws and imperfections.....

I really think they rushed the production of these helmets....I would of preferred to of waited until next year to receive a better product. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I've seen posts from other's highlighting many flaws and imperfections.....

I really think they rushed the production of these helmets....I would of preferred to of waited until next year to receive a better product. 

Wow! That's bad! I must have the mint condition version. My seams are ok and the mesh seam is barely noticeable.

You need a replacement my friend.

• Like 1

Got mine today and there is a weird haze on the lense. Anyone else experience this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The lens are not very clear by any means...

• Like 1

Thats a bummer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapata

Try Novus.  It can restore plastic to a smooth finish. I've used it on fish tanks and antique car vinyl windows. worth a try.

Got the standard one for Christmas and I really love it! Naturally the plastic materials would probably look better painted, but overall I think they did a good job. Luckily the fit and condition of mine is pretty good. Hopefully they take care of the ones that ended up with issues!

Edited by TKfett

Got the standard one for Christmas and I really love it! Naturally the plastic materials would probably look better painted, but overall I think they did a good job. Luckily the fit and condition of mine is pretty good. Hopefully takes care of the ones that ended up with issues!

It's good to hear there are some diamonds in the rough. :) 

It's good to hear there are some diamonds in the rough. :)

Mine is on the way. This thread has got me worried though. For the price everyone is paying for these helmets, these need to be close to flawless. We need to hold ANOVOS accountable for their product like any other manufacturer. When Lucasfilm hands out these licenses I always sense a tremor in the force. It's like they got the contract so they just relax and start taking liberties on quality. Take Rubies costumes as an example. I wouldn't get caught dead in their kits but they have had the license for years. Every kit I have is "fan made" and blow any Rubies, EFX or Don Post off the map in terms of quality, customer support and most importantly accuracy. I hope this is not the case and just a matter of working the kinks out. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mine has the mic tip gap as well, but everything else looks nice. The optics aren't the best, but peripheral vision is good and the head band adjustments are good at setting the height of the eyes. I'm very curious to see what the Anovos ESB bucket looks like in comparison (whenever it gets here, lol).

Anyone who got a flawed product should definitely contact them and get a replacement. By looking at how they put it together, a lot of time was spent making it mass produce able, so they're making good money on each unit, and should be able to afford good quality control.

Mine arrived today. ABS on the left, Fiberglass (shot with automotive paint) right. Not sure if it's worth $200 but definitely a viable non-LFL replacement trooping bucket, especially since it literally 3.5lbs + lighter.

IMG_5530.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5538.jpgIMG_5543.jpgIMG_5544.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5548.jpg

• Like 5

Mine arrived today. ABS on the left, Fiberglass (shot with automotive paint) right. Not sure if it's worth $250 but definitely a viable non-LFL replacement trooping bucket, especially since it literally 3.5lbs + lighter.

IMG_5530.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5538.jpgIMG_5543.jpgIMG_5544.jpgIMG_5546.jpgIMG_5548.jpg

Nice photo reference. Both look pretty similar. Hoping mine comes without to many flaws. :) 

Got my helmet in today. Overall, I'm very pleased with it and it's exactly what a I expected from a ~$250 helmet. Unfortunately mine has some slight rippling in the plastic on the forehead and chin area. Although those minor issues aren't enough to bother me, it might be an issue for some people. The adjustable liner is surprisingly comfortable and the visibility is much better (although slightly distorted) than the original Stormtrooper helmets. I took some pics with a comparison alongside my RS Prop Masters OT helmet below.  

-----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Mine arrived today. ABS on the left, Fiberglass (shot with automotive paint) right. Not sure if it's worth $250 but definitely a viable non-LFL replacement trooping bucket, especially since it literally 3.5lbs + lighter.

That looks pretty damn close.

**May the force be ever in your favour. Wait, no that's not right.**