ANOVOS TFA Armor Release First Week of 2016?

Yummi

Where are you all getting undertermined wait time? It says shipping Sept 2016.

As for the price, I imagine that the premier helmet is a large component of that. They were selling that alone for $700. I imagine that the standard line will fall more in the $1200-$1500 range and lower without the helmet.

Edited by Anzo
  • Like 1

Where are you all getting undertermined wait time? It says shipping Sept 2016.

As for the price, I imagine that the premier helmet is a large component of that. They were selling that alone for $700. I imagine that the standard line will fall more in the $1200-$1500 range and lower without the helmet.

Anovos buyers be like :

post-23507-14643675108_thumb.jpg

Let's say they are as good at hitting delivery targets as TK are at hitting rebels...

Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 3

In all honesty (and as an Alpha suit owner) $2,225.00 isn't actually all that bad... In addition to the all the changes that may help ease assembly & some upgrades, you get accurate boots and gloves from the actual manufacturer....and much better gaskets.

I wouldn't trade my Anovos TFA armour for anything....and I would buy/do it all over again in a heartbeat.

(This is just my personal opinion.....)

• Like 5

Ummmm, I AM an Anovos buyer. I know they have delays. My TK was 2 months behind. All I'm saying is that they have a target ship date on the page. Even with the expected 2-3 months delays, it should arrive before end of 2016. On the other hand, they have never had this little lead time from announcement to target date, so that leads me to believe that they have their manufacturing up to speed on this one.

• Like 1

Anovos buyers be like :

attachicon.gifgt+++reposting+++gt+OP+_2d37a85a02052237f5a63112815a3ab5.jpg

Let's say they are as good at hitting delivery targets as TK are at hitting rebels...

I ordered my tie armore well over a year ago. Delivery date kept getting pushed back that I ended up giv8ing up, and got a refund. They did offer me 10% off my next order.

B@t

Edited by Bluebat

Ummmm, I AM an Anovos buyer. I know they have delays. My TK was 2 months behind. All I'm saying is that they have a target ship date on the page. Even with the expected 2-3 months delays, it should arrive before end of 2016. On the other hand, they have never had this little lead time from announcement to target date, so that leads me to believe that they have their manufacturing up to speed on this one.

Yeah, you're probably right. This might go like it did for the FOTK helmets...

I keep wondering about these latex gaskets. My GF has a strong latex allergy, and there's absolutely no way I would ever wear gaskets made from it (or frankly even have them in the house). I also worry about latex sensitive people during a troop; some of these allergies can be life threatening and triggered just from offgassing or fine wear particles.

Aside from the gawdawful ANOVOS gaskets or fabric, do we have any other options?

Anyone with a aerosol latex allergy isn't likely to be going to conventions if its life threatening . So much cosplay involves latex...clothes...make up...props...we have a few mask users and theyre all silicone and we checked. It would be bad for greedo to get nearby and someone drops to floor. Greedo never is last being standing after all.

Hospital visits would be a a nono, as would schools.

I just can't bring myself to pay two month's mortgage for an item that I may not receive for well over a year!

Shipping is sept 2016. I suspect they have hundreds ready to go.

I really dont understand how they calculate shipping. At least 900 $ for shipping of an item which is produced in the USA for shipping to Europe is really disappointing.

You might as well get it shipped to someone you know in the US, buy a cheap return ticket, go pick it up and have a holiday in the process.

• Like 2

Anyone with a aerosol latex allergy isn't likely to be going to conventions if its life threatening . So much cosplay involves latex...clothes...make up...props...we have a few mask users and theyre all silicone and we checked. It would be bad for greedo to get nearby and someone drops to floor. Greedo never is last being standing after all.

Hospital visits would be a a nono, as would schools.

I'm glad you're checking. I'm not as worried about cosplay heavy cons, as you point out. It's more the casual ones (Barnes & Noble, random charity walks, etc.) that worry me a little.

I guess my point is that we should all (as it sounds your garrison is doing) be careful if we're using latex.

• Like 1

post-27897-14643995764_thumb.jpg

I talked to them at Megacon. I also touched the gaskets. They claim you will be able to put your helmet on with them. It looks nice. But that's all I can say.

Sent from Tapatalk

attachicon.gifImage1464399575.329277.jpg

I talked to them at Megacon. I also touched the gaskets. They claim you will be able to put your helmet on with them. It looks nice. But that's all I can say.

Sent from Tapatalk

Are you saying that the material of the gaskets and such doesn't feel like good quality?

attachicon.gifImage1464399575.329277.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Well, the proof will be in the pudding. My understanding is that the goal of this kit will be that it will be as easy to assemble as the current OT TK.

Regarding the new gaskets:

http://www.anovos.com/blogs/news/45931649-faqs-for-the-star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper

According to the FAQs ...

Based upon feedback and testing with our 2015 prototype armor, many pieces of the First Order armor kit were re-engineered for easier assembly. Produced in the USA, the Premier Line armor kit includes upgrades such as a rotocast rigid foam-filled two-piece detonator, single-piece backplate, improved chest detail via negative-drawn vacuum forming, new forearms and shins, and all new latex gaskets. The updated leather gloves and new boots are sourced from the original manufacturers which produced the screen-used pieces. In combination with the Premier Line First Order Stormtrooper helmet, we are able to provide a complete costume head to toe for the very first time.

Wyatt ... are you listening? Because apparently ANOVOS is. :P

Well, I went ahead and dropped some coin on this kit. Luckily I had a 10% off coupon to save $225. I have another coupon now from this order if anybody also wants to save 10%. Send me a PM if so.<br><br>

EDIT: code has been claimed.

Edited by Anzo
  • Like 3

I just want to lay this out on the table... I am not manufacturing this or anything for Anovos anymore. I've had nothing to do with this.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns
  • Like 6

Anovus is raping the fans, the prices are outrages. Building the kit is the best part and affordable!

Your killing me Anovus. Now I have to work 2 jobs. I love this armor, not the price.