[TFA] Anovos First Order Price guesstimation

pedro2931

Hello everyone you all have been get references in guiding into every direction that i have had trouble on .. ive been looking into first order kits and saw this man from the phillipines is doing kits around $800 or so and really considering going for him.. how much do you think from guesstimation that Anovos would be selling their kits for?.... what would you guys do in my postion wanting a kit , again any input is appreciated

thanks again!

From what I gather $1800 was the price for the people in the 501st that already got the "pre-production" ones from Anovos already. Doubt they would sell it to the "public" for less than that. It comes in kit form and requires a TON of work to put together.

Edited by allan1313

There won't likely be any way for this number to be substantiated, or speculated at. Those of us with the ANOVOS FO TK kits signed an NDA and part of that document was pricing information. We cannot discuss that outside of the group. I will say that Allen is right about the work that has to go into this costume though. Far more demanding and challenging than an OT TK.

• Like 1

What do you have to base this off of? Would ANOVOS' public kits be the same as the older ones they sent out to the 501st? Why would a fully assembled kit require a TON of work?

The armor requires bondo work, sanding, and painting which is very time consuming. It is more akin to building clone trooper armor.

Pedro, if you are looking to get 501st approved and troop with your Garrison, steer WELL CLEAR of the maker (Star Fortress) in the Philippines. 

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 3

Yeah i was on therpf one of his kits had gotten approval last month.... being new to this what would/is that makes his kit bad for approval?

Honestly I don't see anything would make his bad. He actually just put a pic of him next to the anovos suit and he looked great!! The only differences I noticed were a slightly smaller chest plate slit, and thicker hand plates. That's it from my eye

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. Jim is not to be confused with Star Forge or whatever that crap website is. He's not in any way connected to that. He sculpted the armor by hand and has it well documented on threads here and the RPF. I have submitted for approval with his armor and can speak to the quality of both the armor and Jim's customer service.

• Like 4

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. Jim is not to be confused with Star Forge or whatever that crap website is. He's not in any way connected to that. He sculpted the armor by hand and has it well documented on threads here and the RPF. I have submitted for approval with his armor and can speak to the quality of both the armor and Jim's customer service.

I think some may have him confused with Star Fortress Productions, which is a SCAM and has been reported on as such on several forums. JIM however is a stand up guy and makes awesome stuff! He has an approved TFA TK and Phasma and it's great to hear of another who submitted his kit for approval from Jim! :)

• Like 4

I have ordered Jims kit and although I haven't received it yet just talked, in with him and asking him questions he seem like a great guy and is sculpting is incredible.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Can you link me to Jims kit and info?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My sincere apologies to Jim and you all regarding this matter...  The Philippine maker I was referring to was that overpriced fiberglass kit at StarFortress... certainly not Jim's great armor, and I meant in no way to confuse the two.  I take full responsibility for not clarifying that fact, and hope you will understand .  I have PM'd Jim and explained the entire matter to him along with a humble apology as well.  "To err is human..."

• Like 1

My sincere apologies to Jim and you all regarding this matter... The Philippine maker I was referring to was that overpriced fiberglass kit at StarFortress... certainly not Jim's great armor, and I meant in no way to confuse the two. I take full responsibility for not clarifying that fact, and hope you will understand . I have PM'd Jim and explained the entire matter to him along with a humble apology as well. "To err is human..."

It happens. I honestly had no idea Star Fortress was in the Phillipines. When Jim found out he had assumed that Star Fortress was in question. This just ended in overall good publicity for Jims kit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

So Jim pretty much seems like the only guy to buy a First Order Stormtrooper armor kit from, but seeing as the waiting list is huge right now,

do you think he'll continue to be able to make armor in the near future (of this year)?

I really want to buy a set from him, but I'm afraid his waiting list will grow exponentially and will be too long (that he might close it down).

Seeing as I'll only ask to be put on the waiting list once I have the money.

Also, his waiting list and main means of contact is on that forum thread. Does he have a website with more information for ordering?