Armour for a tall, slim guy

Hi guys,

first off, If this thread is in the wrong section, I do apologise and sorry about that.

So, Im a tall (6"4) slim guy that has been wanting to get a Stormtrooper armour kit for ages but have always been put off by what people have told me and what I read online a few years back. A few people have said that being too tall and of a slim build isn't possible with Stormtrooper armour and that I won't fit into it the right way. I even browsed through Anovos just to see what is what and even on there I noticed that most armour suits stated that its not best for tall, slim people which surprised me.

Do I have no chance of fitting into my own Stormtrooper armour? Or are there kits/companies out there that can cater to someone like myself.

Thanks,

Gari. 

Check out for NE armors.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Eric.

Regarding the NE armour, is there anywhere you would recommend for me to buy it from? Im currently living in the UK.

Also, am I right in saying that the NE armour is better for taller and bigger people? I come into on of those categories (tall), but not the other side of it in terms of weight. I can imagine that ill need to do a lot of trimming, which Ive got no problem with to be honest. As I'm new to this all, Ill have to check out other threads on here that can help me out and thankfully this forum is awash with tons of awesome guides and whatnot that will help massively.

Hi, Gari,<br><br>

I can sympathize. I'm also 6'4", and while I'm not thin, I'm not portly either. I grabbed the ANOVOS Black Friday special because the price was right, and I'm hoping desperately I'll be able to rig it to fit me without too much black showing. Other tall guys on this forum are making the same bet. But ANOVOS hasn't shipped their kits yet so we still await reports/reviews. <br><br>

Folks say RT-MOD fits taller and bigger troopers, but I'm also hearing that this armor might be too roomy for me. Nonetheless I added myself to his wait list (I was told end of 2016) so I'm in line should the ANOVOS kit fail me. <br><br>

Jayson

Hi, Gari,

I can sympathize. I'm also 6'4", and while I'm not thin, I'm not portly either. I grabbed the ANOVOS Black Friday special because the price was right, and I'm hoping desperately I'll be able to rig it to fit me without too much black showing. Other tall guys on this forum are making the same bet. But ANOVOS hasn't shipped their kits yet so we still await reports/reviews. 

Folks say RT-MOD fits taller and bigger troopers, but I'm also hearing that this armor might be too roomy for me. Nonetheless I added myself to his wait list (I was told end of 2016) so I'm in line should the ANOVOS kit fail me. 

Jayson

Hi Jason,

Yeah, its a nightmare for us tall, slimmer guys thats for sure. I was tempted with a Anovos kit, but wasn't sure what to do to be honest, but unfortunately thats the risk we have to take I suppose. Just one of those things really.

My biggest problem is that I never know the best place to go and get armour as like you, I have to be careful due to my height and weight. 

I'm almost 6'4" and decided to go with Troopermaster. Works like a charm, though I don't think I could have been much taller. He offers an XL shins option which is a must. Also one of the nicer and more accurate kits around. Love it.

Thanks for the heads up, Torerik. Much appreciated. Ill have a look on his FB page and get in contact with him. 

Sometimes being tall is so frustrating! lol

Edited by Gari14

I'm 6'4" and recently got approved with an AM kit. Another option to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Thanks, Kirk. Thats another option which is always a great thing. We can never have too many options thats for sure!

I"m 6'3" and use Troopermaster.  With most armor, you'll be able to trim it to your body size.  For taller folks, it's a game of balancing out the gaps wherever black is showing. You will have bigger gaps in the knees and elbows but it really isn't any big deal.

Is there anybody in your area that could let you try there armour on?

......chasing my inner soul!

Thats an option, but then Ill need to find someone that is willing to let me try it on which might be a bit of a long shot. Still, worth a try I suppose.

I'm in the same boat for being thin, but I'm only 5'10.5". Still concerned about armour fitting me correctly since I have small arms and legs lol. I'm only 150 pounds.

Its a nightmare for those of us that are slim, hey? :(

I"m 6'3" and use Troopermaster.  With most armor, you'll be able to trim it to your body size.  For taller folks, it's a game of balancing out the gaps wherever black is showing. You will have bigger gaps in the knees and elbows but it really isn't any big deal.

Thanks for the heads up. I was mainly worried that it would make the armour look stupid on us tall guys, but what you've said as given me confidence to go for it. 

Edited by Gari14