TFA viewings. Opinions on the movie? (Spoiler zone)

PGHtrooper21

After falling asleep around 3:45 am and thinking about what I saw in TFA.

I keep thinking about some videos on You Tube "What Went Wrong with".

Here is my take on The Force Awakens.

1. Captain Phasma? Build up and a quick put in place.

2. Kylo Ren at 1st stops a Blaster Bolt and later on gets whacked by Blaster Bolt and lightsaber hit?

3. Using the Force to pick a lightsaber from the snow. ESB?

4. New Death Star from a planet? What type of Star recharges that fast. How long till the sun goes Nova?

5. Why did not Han stuff Captain Plasma down the Garbage Compactor?

6. Rescue a Girl? Deactivating the Shields, By going to the Death Star itself? Why would Captian Phasma would do that?

She should and acted tough earlier on?

7. Why didn't they just close the bay doors when Fin and Poe stole a TIE Fighter? Where there any Big Guns to fire at the TIE Fighter?

8. Why did not the Resistance release more Tie Fighters to go after the stolen TIE?

9. Captain Plasma felt the presence.

10. The Resistance Officers uniforms look not up to par? The hats looked cheep with a plastic brow and the side sticking up.

11. I thought the bubbles on the side of the Luke's Lightsaber activated it? Not the top button?

12. Where was the Snow Trooper?

13 FN Number for TKs? Are the TFA Stormtroopers going to be FN's?

14. Crashing into a planet from Hyperspace and surviving? An Asteroid does more damage with less speed?

15. Why Kill Han? That TICKED ME OFF THE MOST!!!!!!!!!

16. How did Poe survive the impact? How did he escape? Who was the person that gave the star map? Simiular to teh stolen data?

17. How did Poe and Fin breath air in the TIE Fighter? The TIE Pilots have Air hoses in their Helmets?

18. I thought Tie Fighters were single person fighters? How could Fin use guns and Poe stear?

19. You mean Han never used Chewbacca's Crossbow or any Crossbow?

20. Jabba Bounty re-visit?

21.There was more spies on Fin and BB-8 than there were to track Luke?

23. Only X-Wings, No Y, A or B Wing fighters? Where was the Star Destroyers and Ties for defense? Should the Starkiller have more ships for defense against an attack?

24. The Resistance or Rebellion? What is the Difference?

25 Jarku? What is the importance. I thought it was Tatooine?

26. What was in the container that Fin drank? Fuel, water?

27. At least the Prequels explained something on the location and characters?

28. The imperial Officers in the OT were more impressive than the TFA. Too many jokes.

29.  The back gound on Han and Leia's kid could have been more of the story.

30.  What happened from Jedi to TFA should have been The Force Awakens and VIII and IX. The reason. If there is going to be more Star Wars movies,

You can tie up loose ends and go from there.

31. Is the Books from Heir to the Empire to recently Non Cannon?

32.  The New Leader of the Fist Order reminds me of the Guardians in The Green Lantern?

33. The Force Awakens is a REBOOT of the Star Wars Trilogy with nothing new?

34. The Force Awakens was better than the Prequels.

35. I still give ANH, Empire and Jedi a higher ranking than The Force Awakens.

36. My Opinion Empire is still the Best Film

37. Too many different stories, going on.

Yup, this is all true, but even still I enjoyed the movie more than any movie except ANH. Yeah, some parts were strange but I can't wait to see it again. Haven't said that since 1980.

• Like 1

Ehhh... better than the Prequels, but still fell far short of the OT for me. The bad guy from the last Hobbit movie is this Snook guy? Damn...<br>

Phasma? What was the point of even having her?<br>

At least the Stormtroopers were reasonably competent and excellently agressive this go-around. And we got canon mixed-gender Stormtroopers, ASIDE from Phasma.<br>

Outside the main characters and the OT characters though, the acting looked and felt like a fan film, just with really good sfx.

• Like 3

I really didn't like it. It seemed like they wanted everything to happen instantly. Like they wanted their characters to live up to the legendary legacy characters immediately, so they kind forced it and everything came too easy. Hey, we want a bond as strong as luke and han, so Po and Fin best friends after 4 minutes. Rey goes from never using the force before, to full out Jedi in 30 seconds. Hey, we need to take out the new Death Star: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen edition. Quick, rename the thermal exhaust port and shoot at it. Done in 3 minutes. And I called the twist before it happened. Saw it coming from a mile away. Idk, I just didn't feel anything when it happened. 

But all that aside I really did like Kylo Ren and the new Tie fighter Pilots. The new force powers where AWESOME!! The actors all did a good job too. But overall it just didn't feel Star Wars to me. The names of the b characters sounded like they were from Star Trek, some of the weapons where obviously poorly 3d printed, the weathering was just kinda black stuff, a lot of the creatures felt more dark crystal then Star Wars, the cgi wasn't good. And at a point it just seemed like they where renaming stuff and reusing plot points for no reason. Saying there is still "light" (as in light side of the force) in you, instead of plain old "good". Resistance instead of Rebellion. Then obviously all the plot points they used from a new hope.

Sorry if that was a rant haha. I had to get it out. 

Edited by psychotropic
  • Like 3

I saw The Force Awakens again today. I wanted to catch and see what I did not see the 1st time. I still liked it.

I have more questions than I did seeing in on the Premiere showing. I was reading a few reviews on the internet

and I agree.

Andy

WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS ALERT!!!!!!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/2689627/star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers-burning-questions/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_819509&xrs=mtvnewszergnetext

http://www.looper.com/6562/biggest-unanswered-questions-force-awakens/

http://www.looper.com/6579/dumb-things-force-awakens-one-talking/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_820453

Someone should edit the title in this thread, there are major spoilers in it for those that haven't seen it yet

Done.

FWIW, I saw it again today and still enjoyed it. My 11 year old daughter is over the moon, and my wife who hates Star Wars can't stop talking about it. There are some strange plot points, but heck we pick apart *every* SW movie and keep seeing them.

I can't wait to see it in 3-d next.

• Like 2

Done.FWIW, I saw it again today and still enjoyed it. My 11 year old daughter is over the moon, and my wife who hates Star Wars can't stop talking about it. There are some strange plot points, but heck we pick apart *every* SW movie and keep seeing them.I can't wait to see it in 3-d next.

3D was awesome! You'll enjoy it immensely!

My wife and I can't stop talking about it, and we were in the process of watching the other six movies (in the order that they were released) before and after seeing EP VII.

I know this is blasphemy, but I thought it was horrible and I was very disappointed. Disney and JJ just screwed the movies over and George should have never sold them, I'm going to just pretend it never existed and stick with the original 6 movies. I know several of you may disagree with me, but this is just my opinion. I didn't expect much from this movie and also the amount of ads and products I have seen with the Star Wars title have lead me disgusted with Disney, and for sure killed any hype I had for the movie. I found all of the actors to be quite poor besides Harrison Ford (Also hey Harrison ford fans, He's dead sorry (Not really), hahaha - Sincerely Disney) and older cast members and I'm just saying this so don't shoot me. I don't like the new Stormtrooper Armor nor do I like the fact that they threw out all the old Canon (I read all of the books and the fact that I knew the whole story after movie 6 and then Disney was like Hey screw you going to throw it out, really pissed me off.) I also am not a fan of JJ Abraham. I didn't like what he did with Star trek and for sure he didn't make Star wars any better, but hey Disney is like oh JJ your such a good syfy writer/director we need to hire you out of all the other possibly better Directors/writers out there who have made way better science fiction movies. Good old JJ and his lack of detail and infinite plot holes and taking everything you loved from a series and destroying it right before your eyes. Some might say It cant be worse than the prequels well I for one not only liked the prequels a lot, The prequels were gorgeous with good story and details and animations, good action and OVERALL good characters (Also I love clonetroopers), but I can say it was worse than the prequels. I still love the Star wars series, but I cant with Disney Star wars. I wont be watching Star Wars 8 & 9. This is just my opinion don't report me to Lord Vader.

Edited by Blackbomber
  • Like 2

I know this is blasphemy, but I thought it was horrible and I was very disappointed. Disney and JJ just screwed the movies over and George should have never sold them, I'm going to just pretend it never existed and stick with the original 6 movies. I know several of you may disagree with me, but this is just my opinion. I didn't expect much from this movie and also the amount of ads and products I have seen with the Star Wars title have lead me disgusted with Disney, and for sure killed any hype I had for the movie. I found all of the actors to be quite poor besides Harrison Ford (Also hey Harrison ford fans, He's dead sorry (Not really), hahaha - Sincerely Disney) and older cast members and I'm just saying this so don't shoot me. I don't like the new Stormtrooper Armor nor do I like the fact that they threw out all the old Canon (I read all of the books and the fact that I knew the whole story after movie 6 and then Disney was like Hey screw you going to throw it out, really pissed me off.) I also am not a fan of JJ Abraham. I didn't like what he did with Star trek and for sure he didn't make Star wars any better, but hey Disney is like oh JJ your such a good syfy writer/director we need to hire you out of all the other possibly better Directors/writers out there who have made way better science fiction movies. Good old JJ and his lack of detail and infinite plot holes and taking everything you loved from a series and destroying it right before your eyes. Some might say It cant be worse than the prequels well I for one not only liked the prequels a lot, The prequels were gorgeous with good story and details and animations, good action and OVERALL good characters (Also I love clonetroopers), but I can say it was worse than the prequels. I still love the Star wars series, but I cant with Disney Star wars. I wont be watching Star Wars 8 & 9. This is just my opinion don't report me to Lord Vader.

Good luck trying to ignore the future Star Wars movies while being part of a Star Wars fanclub :P

Seen the movie 6 times now. Love it. I agree that it might take too much from ANH to really be called an orignal movie, but overall, the characters, action, effects and acting (actually good this time) make the movie very good. It's a great starting point for a new trilogy and a great introduction to the new characters and state of the galaxy. Of course there are a lot of questions, but I really look forward to seeing those answered in the comics and books in the coming months, and the continuation of Rey's and Kylo's journey in the next two movies. For me easily the best SW movie since 1980 :) 

• Like 1

As I see it, people who didn't like the film will always be more willing to share it because they want everyone to know. The ones who love it won't necessarily feel the urge to express it. I dropped a line here because I was reading a lot of negativity and wanted to counter that a bit, but at first I wasn't going to reply. Among all my friends, we all love it.

What I can say is the film is like wine; it gets better and better with the viewings.

• Like 6

Alway got to be a hater. They simply couldn't re-release episode 4. There will be changes, characters will evolve and new ones introduced. Hamil, Ford and Fisher won't live forever and the bottom line is Lucas didn't want it anymore. Not liking the movie is perfectly fine- I just wouldn't base it on the thoughts that A) it's different and B) Disney killed Han. May the force be with you :)

Harrison Ford has wanted Han Solo killed for a very long time now. At least he finally got his wish. I loved the movie and can't wait to take my daughter to her first Star Wars on the big screen the day after Christmas. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Harrison wanted Han Solo to die in ROTJ and was quite upset that it didn't happen. It's also been one of his requirements for ever doing Han Solo again was to have him finally killed off.

I think people better prepare to see Luke get a sendoff in either VIII or IX too. They aren't getting any younger. Leia is the only one who will die of old age and off-screen. 

I was just stating my unpopular opinion since the person who created the post wanted peoples opinions and that was mine. I'm not trying to be negative, I just really don't like the movie. I understand that as a member of a star wars fan club Ill hear about it, but it just wasn't a star wars movie to me and that's all.

Edited by Blackbomber
  • Like 2

Saw it 3 times. It did what it was supposed to do, entertain. I'm not going to pick it apart. Only one thing I would have changed, but otherwise completely satisfied with it and can't wait for more.

Han also was a huge character in EP7. He did a fabulous job and any EP8 story with him would drown out other characters, where the focus should be on them. Carie wasn't great, I could easily bear not seeing her on film again. This will really be Rey's story arc I think - in fact looking back despite the trailers leading up to it - I don't think Finn is Force conscious.

Honestly, what stokes me are the stormtroopers - they are fantastic and we haven't seen them this aggressive and soldierly since ANH (well, there is ROTS if you include the NT).

• Like 4

I cheered loudly when that anonymous Stormtrooper took on Finn with that flashy baton. If it weren't for Chewie, that trooper would have single-handedly ended him right there. Looking forward to seeing these angrier troopers in the next movies.