TFA viewings. Opinions on the movie? (Spoiler zone)

PGHtrooper21

Movie was too rushed. ESPECIALLY everything to do with the New Order and the Resistance.

Loved Rey's and Kylo's parts. Both as characters as well as their story-lines.

Loved Poe as a character.

Liked the Luke-story.

Finn seemed a little out of place, at times. I hope they 'fix' him in the next movie.

At times it seemed a bit goofy, but never at any point 'Jar Jar-goofy', more like 'ROTJ goofy', So that's OK. Gotta please the kids.

Only thing keeping me from TRULY enjoying this was(spoiler in white text):That damn planet-death-star sucking in suns, and pooping out death-rays. How do you fly it? If it has to eat a star to shoot, how do you get it to the next? Everything about it was just terrible...(spoiler end.)

I only watched it twice, so I might change my mind on a couple of things in the future. It's enjoyable and it's Star Wars. I'm looking forward to the next one.

I absolutely loved this movie. I loved all the nods to the OT and I didn't feel anything rushed. I enjoyed the pacing and I enjoyed they left a lot of questions and story line open for the next films. The comedic relief was well done and I was literally at the edge of my seat with a Cheshire cat grin the whole time. I will be taking my daughter probably next weekend or so once the theater isn't a complete mad house to watch it again. It is definitely an exciting time to be a part of this great legion and see what some of you brilliant people will make costumes of next. That cantina scene introduced quite a bit of options alone.  Jannick read my white text: starkiller base is a planet not a flying death star. The weapon was built into the core of the planet. 

• Like 3

Awesome movie! Would I watch it again? Many times over lol a few questions at the end, and makes you want to wait for the next movie. Enjoyable and way better than animated clones in the prequels... Live actors make a huge difference!

Yeah, too rushed. It read "instant Jedi" somewhere on the net. This sums it about up.

And too many "gags". Some scenes seemed to be out of Spaceballs.

Oh, and i did not like the, let call it the "bridge confrontation" *

*: Death of Han

Edited by Sonnenschein
  • Like 2

"Everything's changed but nothing's changed." You'll understand Mark Hamill's remark after you see TFA. And it's all good.

It was a given that the special effects would be amazing, and they are. I'd recommend that everyone see the movie at least once in IMAX 3d they did a really got the job with the 3D effects.

The movie overall seemed quite large in scope almost like a full trilogy in itself, but the snappy dialog and action keep things moving at a good pace.

Most welcome is a return to basic storytelling in which characters are fully developed. We understand what they feel and we care about what happens to them. Through dialogue and careful scene direction we see in detail how the characters react to events and to each other. And sometimes with subtlety we see those moments that are turning points for a character.

With deft direction J.J. Abrams succeeded in evoking that essential aspect of Star Wars that makes it so compelling to many of us: that people from very different worlds find themselves drawn together by fate or luck in pursuit of a common goal and form friendships, camaraderie, and loyalty to each other. It's an age-old story that may be corny, but when told well, it never gets old.

Edited by bpoodoo
  • Like 2

Overall I really enjoyed the film. Just felt a little let down by a few of the first order characters, didn't feel like there was a really strong 'bad guy' in the film and Hux definitely is no Tarkin. I'll be seeing it again soon, maybe my opinion will change then.......

Gotta say I loved the film but I was able to predict just about everything that happened unfortunately. That's just me naturally when watching movies though. I saw it at the 7 pm showing and the theater I went to was having showing almost every 30 minutes so when leaving I had to keep quiet until we were in our vehicle to talk about everything that had just happened. But I did make someone's night when leaving because apparently I was smiling as I was walking out & everyone else had sadden looks across their faces. Someone said, "that's all I wanted to know, that the movie will make me smile."

Sent from my Microwave 8XC

But Hux was the eldest Weasley son :D

I just didn't think his TFA performance was magic

Sorry, I'll get my coat, that was a terrible joke...............

Edited by WhiteRoseSwampy

I could honestly care less about Hux. Didn't keep me from smiling the whole movie.... well except for that one part that everyone was doing the Vader noooooooooooooooo! for.

Edited by Airborne Trooper
  • Like 1

Surprised that no one is talking about the fact that Phasma was a complete waste of an awesome character! She walked around a little then got completely punked out by Fin. They should have replaced Ren with Phasma at the beginning of the film and let her completely kick an impolite person. Oh, and ONE scene with the Flametrooper and that's it!!!

• Like 4

After falling asleep around 3:45 am and thinking about what I saw in TFA.

I keep thinking about some videos on You Tube "What Went Wrong with".

Here is my take on The Force Awakens.

1. Captain Phasma? Build up and a quick put in place.

2. Kylo Ren at 1st stops a Blaster Bolt and later on gets whacked by Blaster Bolt and lightsaber hit?

3. Using the Force to pick a lightsaber from the snow. ESB?

4. New Death Star from a planet? What type of Star recharges that fast. How long till the sun goes Nova?

5. Why did not Han stuff Captain Plasma down the Garbage Compactor?

6. Rescue a Girl? Deactivating the Shields, By going to the Death Star itself? Why would Captian Phasma would do that?

She should and acted tough earlier on?

7. Why didn't they just close the bay doors when Fin and Poe stole a TIE Fighter? Where there any Big Guns to fire at the TIE Fighter?

8. Why did not the Resistance release more Tie Fighters to go after the stolen TIE?

9. Captain Plasma felt the presence.

10. The Resistance Officers uniforms look not up to par? The hats looked cheep with a plastic brow and the side sticking up.

11. I thought the bubbles on the side of the Luke's Lightsaber activated it? Not the top button?

12. Where was the Snow Trooper?

13 FN Number for TKs? Are the TFA Stormtroopers going to be FN's?

14. Crashing into a planet from Hyperspace and surviving? An Asteroid does more damage with less speed?

15. Why Kill Han? That TICKED ME OFF THE MOST!!!!!!!!!

16. How did Poe survive the impact? How did he escape? Who was the person that gave the star map? Simiular to teh stolen data?

17. How did Poe and Fin breath air in the TIE Fighter? The TIE Pilots have Air hoses in their Helmets?

18. I thought Tie Fighters were single person fighters? How could Fin use guns and Poe stear?

19. You mean Han never used Chewbacca's Crossbow or any Crossbow?

20. Jabba Bounty re-visit?

21.There was more spies on Fin and BB-8 than there were to track Luke?

23. Only X-Wings, No Y, A or B Wing fighters? Where was the Star Destroyers and Ties for defense? Should the Starkiller have more ships for defense against an attack?

24. The Resistance or Rebellion? What is the Difference?

25 Jarku? What is the importance. I thought it was Tatooine?

26. What was in the container that Fin drank? Fuel, water?

27. At least the Prequels explained something on the location and characters?

28. The imperial Officers in the OT were more impressive than the TFA. Too many jokes.

29.  The back gound on Han and Leia's kid could have been more of the story.

30.  What happened from Jedi to TFA should have been The Force Awakens and VIII and IX. The reason. If there is going to be more Star Wars movies,

You can tie up loose ends and go from there.

31. Is the Books from Heir to the Empire to recently Non Cannon?

32.  The New Leader of the Fist Order reminds me of the Guardians in The Green Lantern?

33. The Force Awakens is a REBOOT of the Star Wars Trilogy with nothing new?

34. The Force Awakens was better than the Prequels.

35. I still give ANH, Empire and Jedi a higher ranking than The Force Awakens.

36. My Opinion Empire is still the Best Film

37. Too many different stories, going on.

• Like 1

I hear some aren't happy with the similar story line to other Star Wars movies but for me it's old school Star Wars, yes I thought some bits should of been different but would I ever have been 100% satisfied, probably not.

Over all I'm happy, seen it twice and enjoyed it more the second time.

Now where was that black Stormtrooper with the red stripe ;)

• Like 1

For me there was a mix of excitement and skepticism as I patiently waited for the movie to begin (after what seemed like an hour of previews!).  No one wanted a repeat of the prequel experience, which in a nightmare a few months ago, I feared might start off like this (click the link then Begin):

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator/?cid=5620c380e4b0d066fbab8511

We wanted a return to the sense and feel of the original trilogy Star Wars.  And I think for the most part, J.J. nailed it.

Edited by bpoodoo
  • Like 2