RS Prop Masters, lack of communication

Probably 90% of my shopping is done online. I'm a cheapscape too so I'm always looking for the best deal. If a company doesn't have a website or has bad reviews, I'll pay more if that becomes my only option. Obviously in our hobby, the majority of the vendors do not have websites for good reasoning but the ones I have emailed have always gotten back to me within a day or so. Felix is correct, without customers  you can't run a business. 

• Like 1

RS have just moved to new premises , and have permanent office staff now , 2016 should sort all their communication problems. <br>

Also remember, they are a small company working twelve hour days to keep on top of orders , not a multinational corporation with a call center .

Well it gets better.

I picked up my missing items this morning, and from the list I sent them which included:

Canvas belt with both male and female snaps, (2 female for belt and 2 male for ab section)

3x Male snaps (2 for butt plate and 1 for upper right ab, Already have the females attached to the elastic)

Rivets for attaching canvas belt to plastic ammo belt

Stelmax Glue

They have sent me the canvas belt with the female snaps attached..... and none of the other items, instead i got the cod strap and the right side ab strap with female snaps attached, and one shoulder strap with the female snaps and a male snap through some plastic for the shoulder opening.

At this point i feel like cutting my losses and just going out to see if i can find the items i need myself.

I also realised this morning that there are no split rivets for attaching the thigh belt.

Classic

I was under the impression that the armour came with the snaps already attached, mine did!

I never received any stelmax and just ended up buying E6000 which worked out better as I had re-trim my thighs after glueing them up.

Single cap rivets I also ended up getting those from amazon, I already had pop rivets for the drop boxes.

Not sure if these were meant to be in the kit?

Wasn't sure about the belt and knee rivets, but have managed to source the missing items myself, found some snaps to match and have ordered some stelmax and cap rivets.

This means I should hopefully be able to start this week. In spite of the bumpy road and the hiccups in missing items and communication I really can't fault RS' product.

RS were moving to a new and larger studio during the holidays so I'm sure they were pretty swamped by that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, and they want to do more for customer information and service

Well it goes on.

Email today

"Dear Gary

Apologies for the second mix up with the replacement parts, we have recently moved establishment and setting up the stations. I have spoke with my manager and has arranged the correct parts to be sent out to you. So could you send us the parts we sent you back and we will send out the correct parts. Would that be ok?

Thanks
Josh

RS PROP MASTERS"

My Response which i think is entirely reasonable.

"

Josh

Thank you for getting back to me. Without trying to be rude, after the 2 mistakes and 3 weeks of waiting since the initial email about the mistake I'm not willing to go to the time and effort of packaging up 3 pieces of elastic and a square of plastic and pay to have it posted back.

Surely the cost of the postage and packing alone will outweigh the value of these items. Also I think its a little ridiculous to ask me to do this when the fault in this situation has not been mine.

Additionally, I have now had to spend more money in order to obtain the missing items (granted it was only about £14) in order to start building my armour as I did not want to wait for an unknown quantity of time with it still sat in the box. So I have had to pay extra to get stuff that I've already paid for.

Now I don't want this situation to sour the potential for any future business and I would like to state that the armour and helmet are really outstanding items and the things you guys produce are amazing, this is why I chose your company over Troopermaster and ATA, but you should surely understand my frustrations and my feelings on this current matter.

Now if you decide not to send me the missing items... well then there's nothing I can really do about it apart from the truly English action of moaning online about it. But I hope you see sense on this, ship them out, then we can all move on without everyone in your company thinking I'm a d*ck and me thinking everyone in your company is a d*ck and when I have some more spare cash I can buy one of your fett helmets.

Cheers

Gaz"

Their reply

"Hi Gary

I can completely understand your frustrations and we will indeed send you out the items you require. We do however need the belts back as we are running low on stock. I forgot to mention it in my last email but Andrea from our finance department will Paypal you the money for the expenditure of sending the items back to us. We appreciate your business and we are very sorry for our administrative mess up on our end. We will have the items ready to ship as soon as the belts are back, at that point we can apply the snaps and get it straight back to you. If you would like to proceed i will forward your info over to Andrea and get the money over to your account by next Monday.

Thanks and apologies again

Josh

RS PROP MASTERS"

So that's that then. People may not agree with me but I really am not going to waste my time buying envelopes and going to the post office just to send back a few bits of elastic, the worry is also in their last reply they don't mention the missing stelmax, only the snaps. I could understand if the items they wanted sending back were more substantial.

So I'm done, I was able to buy the items I need so I'm leaving things as they are and pressing on with my build.

As I've stated before, their products are amazing. I don't want to discourage anyone from buying from them, that's not what this thread was about, infact I may well buy from them again. Just beware that their after sales leaves something to be desired