Battlefront (2015) E-11

Just wondering if anyone's considered building a version of the E-11 present in the latest Battlefront game.

I'm at work right now, so I can't post any screenshots, but from memory, there are three dramatic differences between it and the standard OT E-11s.

First, instead of T-tracks, it has U-tracks. These appear to be flat pieces of thin metal bent into a U shape and screwed into the heat shield holes such that the two tines of the U face outwards.

Second, rather than a thin metal rail running from one of the heat shield holes to the rear sight, the rifle has an actual, solid physical rail on top, welded or even molded into the receiver itself.

Third, the muzzle has a flat cap on it with a single hole in the middle, rather than the offset bayonet socket found on the original Sterling.

I'll post pictures when I get home, but I've been considering building one of these as a side project while I wait on the parts for the official ANH E-11 that I'm building.

looks like a esb promo version 2.0

The rails are what got me. It depends on what you think the T-tracks are supposed to be.

I always assumed they were some sort of heat sinks meant to bleed heat off of the blaster barrel. However, they could also be handguards that allow you to hold the barrel without burning your hand.

If they're supposed to be heat sinks, the U-tracks seem like they'd work better for that, being thinner and having more surface area. However, if they're supposed to be grips that insulate your hands while still allowing an air-cooling effect on the barrel, the T-tracks seem more appropriate.

Of course, the entire debate is somewhat moot, because the real reason the blasters have T-tracks is just to disguise the Sterling somewhat and make the blasters look more unique and more futuristic.

On 12/15/2015 at 7:03 AM, DarkTrooper said:

looks like a ROTJ version to me---------

Oh, wow. I actually wasn't familiar with that version. I always looked at the ANH version. I guess my knowledge on the lore wasn't as up to snuff as I thought.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working