ANH Stormtrooper armor questions for ATA and etc.

Hey there 501st members of the FISD, Ive been looking into things and I think that I will buy my kit from ATA, because they have really good armor and affordable prices (Cause I'm a trooper living off of minimum wage from the Empire, and college is expensive.) and it looks pretty good to me despite the 11-12 month wait time, but I'm patient (Not really I wish I had my armor right now before the New Star Wars Movie and Christmas) However does anyone have any better recommendations for ANH Stormtrooper armor, or am I is ATA as good as I'm going to find? 

Also reading more through the forums I notice in guides they talk about trimming and stuff. Does trimming mean does trimming the armor, what does that really mean? I think it means just trimming the extra stuff off of the armor, but I'm not really sure. I'm also somewhat concerned with rivets and screwing into your armor, I still need to read up on things, but If I was to screw or put a rivet in the wrong place wouldn't that be really really bad? I know I read people say patience and taking it slow are key, but just say you make a mistake, since we all make mistakes.

Also I'm a little concerned with my height, because I fall in the category of people are going to start cracking the "Arent you a little short to be a stromtrooper?" I know this probably is not a big deal, but is there such thing as being too short, I mean I'm not that short I'm like 5'7 or 5'8ish, but would that be a problem.

Anyway that's all Ive got so Merry Christmas Troopers and have a Happy Holiday!

Hi Chris,<br>

I have ATA armour and I'm really happy with it, I'm about 5'10" and it fits me perfectly. There are makers that are quicker, but for my situation the longish wait and the fact that Terrell doesn't request any payment up front meant I could save up slowly. Also, it gave me time to get together the soft parts. He usually has helmet kits in stock so you will have that to do later.<br>

'Trimming' usually refers to cutting the extra parts off that come out in the mold, they are pretty easy to identify. Take it slow, look at all the reference material for each piece and try to avoid that rush of blood that seems to arrive with the big brown box. I got a little caught up in the rush of blood and ended up having to order a couple of new pieces which arrived pretty quickly.<br>

Drilling into my armour absolutely terrified me, best approach is to mark where you want to drill with a pencil and put a photo up on your build thread to ask for advice before drilling.<br>

Don't be afraid to ask questions (even if you think they might sound stupid), research, research, research, try not to rush, and I'm sure you will be fine!

• Like 1

Hi Chris,<br>

I have ATA armour and I'm really happy with it, I'm about 5'10" and it fits me perfectly. There are makers that are quicker, but for my situation the longish wait and the fact that Terrell doesn't request any payment up front meant I could save up slowly. Also, it gave me time to get together the soft parts. He usually has helmet kits in stock so you will have that to do later.<br>

'Trimming' usually refers to cutting the extra parts off that come out in the mold, they are pretty easy to identify. Take it slow, look at all the reference material for each piece and try to avoid that rush of blood that seems to arrive with the big brown box. I got a little caught up in the rush of blood and ended up having to order a couple of new pieces which arrived pretty quickly.<br>

Drilling into my armour absolutely terrified me, best approach is to mark where you want to drill with a pencil and put a photo up on your build thread to ask for advice before drilling.<br>

Don't be afraid to ask questions (even if you think they might sound stupid), research, research, research, try not to rush, and I'm sure you will be fine!

Thanks Scott, I was afraid that my questions may have been stupid. Thank you I will continue to research!

• Like 1

You should have ordered earlier this year from ANOVOS. http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order its now $650 but did have a pre order price of $350 back in April. I think these will be delivered sooner than ATA