First Order Shield Build

TK-Sonic

Hello Troopers. Here is the Build thread on the TFA shield. Photos in order of these instructions. You can build the shield however you want, We found this to be pretty straight forward.

Start by removing all the extra parts that were tape on the back.

Cut triangular window out with dremel cut off wheel, also sand down the back are of window flat in prep for lens.Tape off around triangular area and paint the front either black or silver.

While that dries, cut the slotted marks on the black plate with dremel cut off wheel. Glue some thin foam or somthing similar to arm brace area to protect armor from scuffs. Run your strapping threw the slotted holes and around back to other side. You can pick up book cover straps from the local wally world or make strapping yourself.

After painting the triangular area remove tape. Glue lens and back plate. ( make sure you have strapping system in place before glue back plate)

After plate and lens dries, you can paint front shield greeblies black or leave them as is, or just paint the tips silver. Glue greeblies to front of shield.

And there you have it. Finished battle shields.

BTW. If you receive the free decal. You can use it how you please. Carry boxes, blasters, etc.

Enjoy from KBARMORY.

post-21708-0-21820400-1449775090_thumb.jpg

post-21708-0-09252600-1449775115_thumb.jpg

post-21708-0-35952700-1449869119_thumb.jpg

post-21708-0-49243000-1449869136_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Rob. You'll need to create a photobucket account and post pics there. Once uploaded you can cut 'n' paste the url address for the photo into the thread:

Read this brother.. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/48-posting-images-in-threads-2015/

I did a color comparison to my completed TFA armor, and there is (IMO) a significant difference in the color shading. So I'll be painting my shield using the paints that were recommended for use on the TFA builds.

Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x Primer (FLAT WHITE)

Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x Ultra Cover Paint+Primer (WHITE GLOSS)

Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x Ultra Cover Paint+Primer (BLACK SEMI-GLOSS)

The only on-screen reference I've seen at all so far is the one-second shot of the troopers standing in formation at the main base, when they do an about face to witness ... whatever it is they are witnessing. Shield Trooper is on the far right of the formation near the back, and if you freeze-frame it and zoom in close you can see one of the greeblies on the shield.

Where are you guys lining up the greeblies ? I was thinking they should line up where the vertical mold line meets the slanted corners

Sounds like a good place Tyler.

They should be placed on the flat side of that corner.

The shield looks great! I received mine yesterday. Thank you!

I am putting a screw (The security type that is used on F-11D) with a washer into the back of each of the tips through the shield for added security so that they can't be knocked off.

One of you FOTK (I really want to type FOKT) nerds better suit up when you're done and take a high quality photo with one of these shields! 

-Eric

• Like 1