E-11 CRLs vs. Canonicity.

Dreamdasher

Okay, so I'm under the impression that in order to qualify for the higher levels of certification, you have to be closer to having a canon costume and canonical components. In other words, the closer to canon, the higher the certification. Is that correct?

I ask because I noticed that for level 2+ certification, you have to have the power cylinders and the counter, yet screen caps from ANH show several Stormtroopers on duty with E-11s that don't have counters or power cylinders. While the real-life explanation of this could be prop malfunctions or limited materials for extras playing Stormtroopers, it could be assumed that the canonical reason for these discrepancies is that the counter (and associated power cells) could be optional equipment, much in the same way modern solders are sometimes allowed to remove or add certain accessories on their standard issue rifles. The counter and cells do occupy a considerable chunk of the shooter's field of view, so I can easily see some troopers preferring not to have them so as to facilitate a clearer sight picture.

Does the 501st consider those counter-free rifles to be non-canon and simply the result of a special effects blunder, or is it something else?

Correct. They are deemed as accidents or breakages during movie making. Just as the CRL doesn't allow for costume malfunctions like missing tube stripes, duct tape on armor, missing holsters, etc.

If it's a deal breaker, maybe you should pm the DO's about it - Sly11 or Ukswrath. Although close, there are a number of discrepancies with the airsoft that may disqualify it. I'm not up on the finer details but I believe the grip is quite different, correct?

Are there any specific Blaster requirements for Centurion? All the CRL states is "Hasbro blasters are not allowed, not even conversions".
I'm assuming that it must also comply with all the requirements for level 2 as well; M19 or M38 style scope, Hengstler style ammo counter, Power Cylinders, 6 T-Tracks, D-ring, ect, ect.
Are there any centurion specific requirements when it comes to the blaster other than prohibiting Hasbro toys?
Does the grip have to be identical?
The original screen used Bapty "Tunisia" blasters actually had a smooth steel painted grip not your standard Sterling grip with diamond pattern that you see on resin casts.

Edited by SlyFox740