Armor Building Party? - Canadian Garrison

I'm looking to attend an armor building party in my local garrison which I'm not yet a part of.<br>

Does anyone know of any happening in the central Ontario region? I want to eventually join the <br>

Canadian Garrison once I build my own TK.<br><br>

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure where to look or who to ask?<br>

Thanks for your time.<br>

-Henry

Not sure if you have Facebook, and not sure if the group is still active, but look for the Tantive IV Boarding Party... It's run by the Canadian Garrison I believe, and is for new recruits....<br><br>

I'm close by in Kitchener, and my friend is looking to join us as a TK as well

• Like 1

Not sure if you have Facebook, and not sure if the group is still active, but look for the Tantive IV Boarding Party... It's run by the Canadian Garrison I believe, and is for new recruits....<br><br>

I'm close by in Kitchener, and my friend is looking to join us as a TK as well

Ā 

Thanks for the tip Dan!, yes I have facebook. I will definitely look that up. Maybe your friend and I can both attend the next party. I'm looking forward to meeting other local troopers and learning everything I can.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not too sure of any armor parties happening soon. We have been VERY busy with some movie that's being released this week (thanks Alvin). But I'm sure there will be some in the new year, although not many happen in the winter months as its hard to BBQ and be outside (most parties are outdoors). But like Phil said shoot him or myself a PM and we will get you into the FB group. Happy building - remember....it's only plasticĀ  ;)Ā  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Glad i found this.. im in Oakville..Ā 

Ā 

Greetings Chris.

Good to see another Canadian trooper in training, maybe we can meetup and attend an armor building party together. Have you been invited to join the private group on facebook yet? "Tantive IV Boarding Party"

Hi Henry et al.!Ā 

Ā 

Feel free to add your friendly neighborhood Pickle (me) on FB and I'll get yah an invite to the local recruit FB group. Make sure to shoot me a message saying who you are. :)

Ā 

I don't know that there will be many (if any) armor parties coming up in the next few months as most folks are busy with the TFA release and various holiday/family/travel activities.Parties are usually announced in the FB group.

Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/aloar

Greetings Chris.

Good to see another Canadian trooper in training, maybe we can meetup and attend an armor building party together. Have you been invited to join the private group on facebook yet? "Tantive IV Boarding Party"

Ā 

Thanks for the heads up...Ā 

Ā 

Hi Henry et al.!Ā 

Ā 

Feel free to add your friendly neighborhood Pickle (me) on FB and I'll get yah an invite to the local recruit FB group. Make sure to shoot me a message saying who you are. :)

Ā 

I don't know that there will be many (if any) armor parties coming up in the next few months as most folks are busy with the TFA release and various holiday/family/travel activities.Parties are usually announced in the FB group.

Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/aloar

Ā 

10-4 thanksĀ 

TK2759, Small world, I'm in Waterloo! Would love to meet some troopers, I'm 18 and about to start my first build.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ā 

Looks like we're starting our first builds at the same time. we may have a small local group of troopers here in the KW area in the near future.

I'm liking this already, hopefully we can find enough people and attend a party to learn a thing or two. though this forum helps a tonne, I've been reading so much. Just made my final payment and awaiting big brown box day now. :)

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

Looks like we're starting our first builds at the same time. we may have a small local group of troopers here in the KW area in the near future.

I'm liking this already, hopefully we can find enough people and attend a party to learn a thing or two. though this forum helps a tonne, I've been reading so much. Just made my final payment and awaiting big brow box day now. :)

Heh, well it's not a matter of having enough people for an armor party rather finding time when key helpful people are available :>

Ā 

And there is no better source for Stormtrooper building help than FISD, by far!

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well it's not a matter of having enough people for an armor party rather finding time when key helpful people are available :>

Ā 

Yea I know we won't learn much if there's nobody to learn from but I just meant enough people to actually call it a "party" lol. There's not as many troopers out here in KW as there are in T.O. I'm sure. Also it wouldn't bother me at all being the only newbie there, but it'd be cool and also much more useful if there were others learning to build too. I just want to meet and learn from as many other troopers as I can while beginning my journey and I think the local troopers would be a good start, seeing as I don't actually know a single person in the community yet, new or old. Reading these forums online is an amazing reference for information and help but meeting other troopers in person can give one a real charge and inspiration.

• Like 2

Yea I know we won't learn much if there's nobody to learn from but I just meant enough people to actually call it a "party" lol. There's not as many troopers out here in KW as there are in T.O. I'm sure. Also it wouldn't bother me at all being the only newbie there, but it'd be cool and also much more useful if there were others learning to build too. I just want to meet and learn from as many other troopers as I can while beginning my journey and I think the local troopers would be a good start, seeing as I don't actually know a single person in the community yet, new or old. Reading these forums online is an amazing reference for information and help but meeting other troopers in person can give one a real charge and inspiration.

Well, there does have to be a bit of newbie spirit in learning our own ropes, so once I get my armor, I'm looking to have a chat with anyone willing to locally chat.

Ā 

Honestly, I've learned that at one point, you just need to take the reins, and just tinker.... Especially with the fact that single parts are usually easily replaced if broken or trimmed too much.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been messing around with a old FX armor i picked up on the cheap just to learn on before my AP shows up.. LearnedĀ a lot already.. Plan to make a magma trooper from Battlefront with the FX as a project..Ā 

Edited by chwillis

I have been messing around with a old FX armor i picked up on the cheap just to learn on before my AP shows up.. Learned a lot already.. Plan to make a magma trooper from Battlefront with the FX as a project..

Ā 

If your plans are to join the 501st with your first build, I'd suggest looking up these accepted TK costumes:

Ā 

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Ā 

As you'll see, Magma Troopers are not listed... And would not be accepted into the 501st.

If your plans are to join the 501st with your first build, I'd suggest looking up these accepted TK costumes:

Ā 

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Ā 

As you'll see, Magma Troopers are not listed... And would not be accepted into the 501st.

Ā 

Ā 

Dan,Ā 

Ā 

As i stated previously the (Battlefront Magma) is just a project not expecting any acceptance on it what so ever. Ā I Have an AP build (Centurion) and a ATA shadow trooper in the works.... Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking to get my armour, so would like to join in if there is a gathering of the troops on armour matters. I'm from the east side of the GTA, Durham region. Just a little hesitant on which to purchase as I (like many others in the New Year) am trying to get down from my current waist size.<br><br>

Cheers!<br><br>

Jim