creaky helmet

Not an expert here. But I have modded two child masks into pretty decent helmets (one a hasbro talking clone trooper helmet and the other a rubie's stormtrooper bucket) and in both cases I have found useful using fiber glass and epoxi resin on the inside. One layer of that once dried should give enough stability to avoid any outside crack to get bigger.<br>

Don't know if that would help in your case.

I ran hot glue along all the inside seams then did the "cheese cloth and plastic-dip" coating all on the interior. It really firmed everything up, added some heft to the entire bucket, looks really cool, and eliminated all creaking.

hot glue..why didn't I think of that lol..can I ask what cheese cloth and plastidip are sorry ...

A cheese cloth is a thing mesh cloth (it's used to wring out the moister when making cheese), you can usually find it at the near the cooking utensils at stores. Plastidip is a synthetic rubber that comes in a can that you can either spray or paint on, you can find it at most hardware stores. Ā I used the spray plastidip on the inside of my helmet to give it a nice coat to make it a little thicker and make it so it's harder to see inside from the lenses.Ā 

Edited by Scarlet Trooper

Once you have the one rivet joining the cap and back, add a second one in the valley of the cheek tube where it will be covered by the ear cover. This will prevent the helmet from shifting and creaking.<br><br>

Be careful with hot glue, too much or too hot will distort the plastic.

Once you have the one rivet joining the cap and back, add a second one in the valley of the cheek tube where it will be covered by the ear cover. This will prevent the helmet from shifting and creaking.<br><br>

Be careful with hot glue, too much or too hot will distort the plastic.

Agreed, however the really little craft glue guns from Walmart don't really get that hot and use the small glue sticks. Definitely don't use a big industrial hot glue gun. A tube of silicon glue could work as well.