johnnyshotfirst’s ANH Stunt TM Armor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The thread is not dead!  In keeping with Imperial quotas, I've been doing my part and recently added a new citizen, albeit a very tiny one.

Also, to try to fit in my trooper gear a bit better, went down to disney for the Darkside Run, quite the challenge!  Saw some 501st groups

down there also, some in groups of ppl running and of course what I assume the FL garrison out trooping and supporting runners.

The bunker is in shipshape and trooper fabrication is once again underway.  :jc_doublethumbup:  hope to have some build posts up shortly.

0BA41406-8BD4-45F6-9D56-EF1B3BB4B64A_zps

Edited by johnnyshotfirst
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you build followers.  Hows this pencil line look for return edge?  This is the front of the left forearm.   I've been away from the build for a bit and

all my notes point to no or little return on the front forearm.  I'm shooting for centurion (someday). 

50766554-4F82-43E8-9368-81CC7D634036_zps

Also curious on how much more to take off the back of the bicep....this is rough, still need to smooth this out.

7CF56398-AAAF-4498-85D2-7E9D779CF239_zps

jeez I forgot how much I hate photobucket :mellow:

Ah...never mind, found this handy dandy checklist http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21465-anh-stunt-legion-centurion-visual-checklist/

And did some thorough reading on FBJ's build.   :duim:

Ugh...really kinda *hurts* taking that return edge all the way down on the forearm,  :blink:

Looking good Johnny

Feeling much better about building after this weekend.  Really dug into some build threads and revisited some notes.  Made me much more confident on

taking the dremel to some spaceman plastic.   I really feel like these biceps are good to go.  Gonna hit the forearms a bit during some evenings this week.

Just darn hard to find time ya know!? 

1B5724E1-A0BB-49D3-82A6-94C492C4B299_zps

C8151823-E747-481C-B135-634FF4D22EF2_zps

45CD42C0-BEF0-4AF8-BD86-A8B83E6BC0A7_zps

4D956A41-8739-4EF2-92F3-8D6A93999EF9_zps

5D99D2FD-BD9E-4EB2-B21D-D4B436CA50CD_zps

014A682A-53E0-4224-B1A1-969D57E3332C_zps

This bottom quad pic is the last/finished I feel, if you see anything that stands out as wrong, please feel free to let me know :salute:

Also wanted to pose the question out there, does anyone hit the armor edges with a wet sanding at the end for a nice smooth edge? Was thinking that might be nice ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an exacto knife, dragging it along the edges giving them a fine 45 degree bevel. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Been a long time...  Kept walking past my trooper gear in the basement and it seemed like every time I sat down to work on it, lo and behold, interruptions from above. 

But, I think the workshop is finally back in business.  Celebration's got me excited and seeing all you members in those sharp 501st raceshirts has got me fired up.

Anyways, back to the build.   Two questions I humbly ask for assistance and advice on.   First off, I feel like the forearm could be a little tighter...should I trim it down a bit

to fit more snug?  And if so, from what side, I want to assume not the 'flat/top' side, meaning trim the bottom of the forearm.  I keep reading two fingers should fit in the gap and 

I definitely got a bit more than that.  Secondly...bottom of the pic, the joints, should I trim them so they match up all nice and neatly?  Easily could, I know from research 

the biceps shouldn't, but wasn't so sure on the back of forearms.  The front of the forearms are nice and smooth at the joint.   Let me know what you all think!  

I'm back in the build  :smiley-sw013:

7537AE6B-49A5-4796-A605-A6DFC0010635_zps

Hi Johnny,

Good to see you back working on the armour!

The ANH armour parts really did not line up perfectly so you can leave the forearms as is or line up from the elbow and trim the wrist to match. The inner half of the forearm (elbow end) usually ended up being a curve from point to point, so you don't have to leave the flat joining end squared off but you can if you want. Just make sure you cut your joining strips to match however you decide to cut them.

Regarding sizing, you only need to make the wrist big enough to get your hands through. The rest of the forearm should be able to slide up and down your arm freely, so adjust to suit as necessary. A word of warning - do not make the forearms too narrow if your arms are thin. The real forearms had a nice taper to them so try and keep yours the same. Sometimes it's better to pad them out and keep them looking right than over-trim. The strapping will keep them in place anyway and remember to keep them up tight against your biceps when you add the strapping.

Post more photos when you have adjusted them if you want my opinion before you cut :)

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 1