johnnyshotfirst’s ANH Stunt TM Armor

It feels like this day would never happen.  After scraping & saving for the better part of 2 years, the big brown box has arrived.  I’ve been an avid researcher on the forums for a long time now, was lucky enough to attend Gazmosis’ Anovos seminar a couple of months ago and attended several meet & greets with the Midwest Garrison.  Can’t say enough on how much these forums and all of you in the 501st have helped me to get to this point.  

So...let’s get building!

IMG_1124_zpsoxulkibq.jpg

The BIG BROWN BOX arrived and you won’t believe this...the same day, my TK boots which I’ve been on a list for like 16 months, arrived as well...I felt like the force in this build was off to a strong start!  Paul really packs this stuff well, everything arrived intact and ready to go.  TM ABS capped armor is a sight to behold.

FullSizeRender3_zpsf2okpn3v.jpg

IMG_1123_zps0yg3bdc9.jpg

Fortunately, I live close to Chills and he was kind enough to help me out with laying out all the pieces, marking the entire kit and getting some trimming started.  To have an experienced hand for those first couple of cuts was extremely helpful.  Plus...bonus! Got to see the much lauded Death Star room….very cool.

IMG_1168_zpshljtsigq.jpg

IMG_1169_zps7wn8pxvh.jpg

Lots more pics to follow....December will be a tough month to get stuff done with a house full of kids and a wife that's due with another in February.   Just really happy to finally have my TK build thread off and running. :smiley-sw013:

You are definitely in good hands there, Johnny, and a big congrats on Big Brown Box day!  You have two great influences there, (Chris and Steve) so we are expecting to see your EIB and Centurion applications as soon as you can!  All the best on your build..

• Like 1

All that beautiful TM armor, just waiting to be trimmed. :duim:

I'll be watching this build thread very closely. 

Next time I have a few free hours you can come by and we'll continue the work.

• Like 1

I knew it'd be difficult to get building done this month, but I was able to squeeze in some more trimming last night. I have to say, holding the armor, it's such a complete blast to work on. I'm sure some of you have experienced the following, when I first started holding the ab plate, I kinda freaked out thinking something was wrong, even going so far as to msg Paul to check if everything was okay. Asymmetrical armor is really quite amazing...seeing the differences in the sculpt and all. Really enjoying this :)

IMG_1225_zps9jo4etan.jpg

IMG_1227_zpsg2shq9d6.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsabf41ud8.jpg

IMG_1226_zpssq6lkinb.jpg

And that lovely TM ab plate :duim:

IMG_1229_zpsdhi76121.jpg

I'll be researching strapping every free second I get this weekend...if anyone has any suggestions on great TM builds, let me know!

Cheers,

Johnny

Edited by johnnyshotfirst

• 5 weeks later...

Long overdue update, boy, the holidays can really keep ya busy.  So, I jumped ahead to cutting eyes and teeth since I'll be getting some bucket build help this weekend. Really excited to be able to get some help on 

the ears, kinda dreading that part.   Let's fire up that trusty dremel!

IMG_1591_zps9ht2td2z.jpg

Got right to work on the eyes and hit the back of the teeth on the big ones enough to get in there with a file and open them up. 

FullSizeRender1_zps4vh8m5kc.jpg

IMG_1593_zpszl20efco.jpg

IMG_1592_zpsmiqkisf2.jpg

Got a bit nervous with the dremel on the teeth, so moved on to drillng start holes and opening them up with a xacto and file.  Tougher than I thought and really slow going.  I'm nervous as hell

to take to much off.

8bc8508c-1411-4b96-9432-7c6d4b7626d0_zps

Also, used the xacto to get in those corners on the eyes. 

IMG_1610_zpsnapou0ov.jpg

Would really appreciate any feedback on these next pics.  Think I have this one 'tooth' to where it should be.  Let me know what you all think

IMG_1619_zpswabexnhk.jpg

IMG_1618_zpsl0hvdcts.jpg

IMG_1617_zpskez75zxf.jpg

Let me know what you all think!  :duim:

So worked for a couple hours tonight and feeling really good about the frown

D447108F-D6F2-4B39-8E01-FE4C522B3CCC_zps

So, my next research & question is the eyes. How much return on the edge is the norm. I see some super accurate builds leave a bunch of return which matches what you see in the pinned posts of screen shots. Then some builds I've seen look like they take off all return on the edge of the eye 'socket' and go for that idealized smooth look. Imagining it's just sorta what you want and both are acceptable

Here's where I'm at, still need to take off a bunch in the eye corners and trying to decide on how to leave around the eye overall. With being 2mm I'm not really screen accurate at this point completely anyways ;)

927854D2-E328-43CB-A672-F64AA633D474_zps

C3F2829E-23D2-440F-98C9-9092A81EE63B_zps

Cheers,

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy days...got in a bunch of work over the weekend, woohoo!  So, I'm really fortunate in living in the area of a very well established killer bucket builder

and this weekend we were able to get together.  I can't really say enough nice things about Gaz for a beginner like myself.  I attended a workshop with him

at the end of last year and it was a blast.  So first thing when I walked in, he was like, "Hell yeah...you gotta open those eyes up my friend!"  and I commenced

to dremel'n my timid attempt at the eyes.  ;)  And then we moved on to hacking at those pesky ears.

768C0162-E9A2-43E1-A8D4-F43365515DD0_zps

While I was hacking at the ears, we also started trimming the bucket and getting things lined up there, getting the brow tight and stuff like that.

595735C2-E117-44E2-8FE4-A10D62DAA58A_zps

A7DC8BB3-E49F-4E4C-8C92-1564D1170969_zps

Those damn ears...I was so appreciative to have help on these...we must've spent a couple hours on these things.  Gaz is a total perfectionist and they looked killer when we finally got 'em on.

C27B6284-E515-455C-A927-65A22571292A_zps

Very happy to have this part of the build done...there's nothing like having your own stormie bucket :smiley-sw013:

63A0C8EA-3A06-4626-8A0B-12A705E88181_zps

Big thanks to Gazmosis, a true gentleman!  :salute:

• Like 1