kiyotei

ECCC in Seattle

We trooped the Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend in Seattle. We had a booth set up for a charity photo shoot using our Death Star back drop. We raised a good chunk of change for a therapy center. I only have one photo on my camera. These ladies are advertising a new comic book coming out this summer.

[Edit] here's a link to our photographers posting of some of the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dn/sets/72157605011965969/

jonzjourneygirlsfg1.jpg

That's a bunch of good looking troopers. The bunnies are a nice tough too.

That's a bunch of good looking troopers. The bunnies are a nice tough too.

GT has 3 four Elite and growing ;-)

ECCC was a blast. We were, of course, the most popular attraction there. We raised $2.100 which was matched by another pledge. $4.400 to our local charity. That's not too shabby.

Met Daniel Logan and we took him out to dinner. Really nice kid. He hung out at our booth for quite some time. He played lightsabers with my four yr old boy, which impressed the hell out of me. I'm not talking just a little; they lightsabered the better part of the afternoon. I pulled my garrison patch off my jacket for him; I've only done that for one other person since I've started. Turns out all the patches he gets goes to Ray Park's dad, so at least it will stay in the family:)

I've heard Daniel Logan was a nice guy, but WOW. Great story.

BTW I didn't think he was allowed in the States after the joy ride at C4?

his bio says he lives in Los Angeles. Why does he give them to Ray Park's dad?

You know the secret to our success at this con was *teamwork*. We had some really dedicated people manning the table and working the computer/printer, plus our GPR was indefatigable in his efforts to promote our group. We even had some applicants troop with us and they did a great job, plus we got some recruits from the event as well.

I'm very proud of my garrison - we're pretty small compared to many garrisons but we have so much fun together, and this is a huge amount of money for us.

his bio says he lives in Los Angeles. Why does he give them to Ray Park's dad?

Well hopefully they got all that mess taken care of. After all it was almost a year ago.

Nice

You guys are making me homesick.

My buddy Brian is the fella that puts on ECCC. One of tehse days I have to head home for a visit and troop with you guys.

Don

We trooped the Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend in Seattle. We had a booth set up for a charity photo shoot using our Death Star back drop. We raised a good chunk of change for a therapy center. I only have one photo on my camera. These ladies are advertising a new comic book coming out this summer.

jonzjourneygirlsfg1.jpg

More picces!

Three Elite TK's of Garrison Titan (l to r : Kiyote, Christian, Burge)

treselitetk.jpg

Mara Jade helping out a trooper

MontineHelpingBryce.jpg

Bantha Patties - they do a body good! (made by Mrs. TK4205)

TKEatingBanthaPatties.jpg

Garrison Titan Group picce

GTandDanielLogan.jpg

Nice pictures Paul. Thats a good looking group of troopers.

Wow!!! Nice job on the suits guys!!!

So many 501st at the same place and not one FX!!!

Impressive .. most impressive!

Actually a number of guys wear FX armor but I don't think anyone is wearing the FX helmet anymore.

Maybe that should be the welcome when people join GT:

"Welcome to Seattle! Here's your obligatory REI card, Costco card, Starbucks card, and an Elite upgrade kit" :)

Hey Daetrin,

You have the names backwards in the top pic, its LR Bryce, Christian, Me.

What kind of armor are you all wearing? I admit I'm new at this, but it definitely doesn't look like the typical FX, even with upgrades.

In the top pic with 3 troopers from left to right its RT Mod, FX, AP. Note that the middle guy, TK9323 is wearing FX armor but replaced the helmet with an AP helmet. Most of the troopers in our garrison wear FX armor but have replaced the helmets with various types. One trooper is wearing a MRCE helmet. Daetrin has more than one set if I remember correctly. One is TE but not sure what the other one is.

My current setup is:

TD is FX but the older kind with the original shaped thighs, plus an AP helmet (though with Keith mic tips & trooperdecals decals). The pack is made from MH/SB parts, the MG-34 is hyperfirm. Belt is FBJ. Shoes are original Mark Chengs.

TK is 100% TE2 except for the shins, which I swapped to RT as they fit my legs just a tiny bit better (I'm 6'0" and am long legged). Belt is TK4205 custom. Shoes are Barnstormer Jodhpur's that have been dyed white.

Nice

You guys are making me homesick.

My buddy Brian is the fella that puts on ECCC. One of tehse days I have to head home for a visit and troop with you guys.

Don

Ya better come around! :D