Karpouzian's (50677) Anovos TK build

I am slowly getting the tools and supplies necessary for my tk build whenever the armor comes (theoretically this month, December 2015).

I've got 2 E11s built for my tie reserve pilot and gunner, one is a rubies repaint, the other is a sterling replica a member of my garrison molded piece by piece... Neither is perfect, but I'm happy with them.

I've bought lexan scissors (curved and straight), clamps, neodymium magnets, I've already had e6000, and a host of other supplies. I'll buy elastic, Velcro, and strapping when I've got my kit in hand. And see what I need. I've got a dremel and a score of other tools...

I bought black jodhpurs last year, and am in the process of painting them white. I used a Deglazer, and am now in the process of painting several thin coats of acrylic leather paint on them...

I still have several more coats to go, cleaning up the soles, a sealer, fabric paint, and a white polish, but this is what I have so far...

20151204_142925.jpg

I know the one thing I'm going to do to mod the armor is make it so I can sit (or at least lean), but other than that, I'm keeping it simple, as this is my first armor build.

Edited by Karpouzian

By the way, the formatting on these forums must hate iPads, as it is switching it all to html, and I didn't add half these tags.

I have issues trying to post image links from my cell phone.  I think the mobile site doesn't read the formatting correctly.  Your boots look great!  I did the same thing with a pair of black Bass one's I bought on Amazon.  Mine are just a bit more dirty, since I'm a TD.

• 1 month later...

Besides e6000 instead of ca glue, does anyone have suggestions on building this armor contrary to the directions?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/files/SWTROOPER001-KIT_V1.pdf?18334450603693831912

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any Hero build tutorial should suffice.

• Like 1

Besides e6000 instead of ca glue, does anyone have suggestions on building this armor contrary to the directions?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0346/5761/files/SWTROOPER001-KIT_V1.pdf?18334450603693831912

I have a thread going on my local Garrison's forums for people who are getting Anovos armor.  This is what I've posted so far:

I wouldn't go with the loop method Anovos suggests.  I would use either the bracket method or I would use the snaps and straps system that myself and many others have used.  I would also suggest for snap plates to use polyfiber webbing instead of pieces of ABS to secure the snaps on.  It will form to the inside of your armor better as it's flexible.  Also cover the back of the snap with tape before gluing it to prevent scraping and possible glue interaction with the plastic and metal.

Some suggestions with the armor itself:

A)  No return edge at the wrist end of the forearms

B)  No return edge at the foot end of the shin pieces

C)  Use 2 inch white elastic to connect the front plate to the back plate at the shoulders

• Like 2

Here's a great post to review before shopping for elastic to be used in your build:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26477-what-we-know-about-strapping-snaps-rivets-etc/

;)

I appreciate screen accurate, really, I do... I also will try to get comparable width elastic... However, if someone counts the # of cords in my elastic, I'm doomed...

Here's a great post to review before shopping for elastic to be used in your build:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26477-what-we-know-about-strapping-snaps-rivets-etc/

;)

• Like 1

What is the best way to get rid of burrs like these? Not necessarily just on this piece of armor, but others. I've got Lexan scissors, but they aren't that small. Is a dremel too aggressive? Mouse sander?

I don't own a belt sander.

91a750cf2a33dbc134b7f278de2bb145.jpg

What is the best way to get rid of burrs like these? Not necessarily just on this piece of armor, but others. I've got Lexan scissors, but they aren't that small. Is a dremel too aggressive? Mouse sander?

I don't own a belt sander.

Go spend $20-$40 and get yourself a dremel kit. The kit should come with a sanding barrel that you can use to trim down these area. You can also use a file and/or sand paper