Movie premiere

E-Ren89

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I was wondering for those of you who have this armor who have done movie premieres in the past, how do you go about sitting down with the armor especially for two hours for comfort and mobility without breaking anything? Maybe not necessarily movie premiere but anything that would have a similar situation of sitting down for a long period of time

I can't sit in a chair in armor, but I can use the corner of a table to rest on, or arm of a chair.

Rule of thumb for TK, no sitting... Those that can or do are few and far between... Most people, I think, don't wish to add unnecessary stress to their armour and cause cracks or breakages... The scene we see with Han on the death star with feet up, I think he was posed by others to be like that...

Edited by TK 2759

For a lot of us trooping the premier and seeing the movie are two different things. I intend to de-kit to watch it after I dance around like a monkey with the fans.

-Eric

• Like 5

On 12/5/2015 at 7:37 AM, Darth Aloha said:

For a lot of us trooping the premier and seeing the movie are two different things. I intend to de-kit to watch it after I dance around like a monkey with the fans.

-Eric

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Now is the butt plate that makes it the worst to sit down? As far as comfort goes and risking breaking? Is there an easy way to remove that very quickly? Or does it take a lot of time to take just that one piece off? I suppose it depends how you rig everything although most is probably similar I'm sure everyone does it in a different way in some form whether it be snaps Velcro or whatever

The butt plate while sitting down (at least for me) is not the problem. The problem is my thighs will push up my abdomen/torso, which in turn will push up the chest, which in turn will push up on the helmet. 

I'm sure sitting for taller troopers is a slight possibility but for me and other vertically challenged troopers sitting in armor is a no no. 

Agreeing to what was said before . . . trooping a movie and watching a movie are two different subjects.

• Like 1

Now is the butt plate that makes it the worst to sit down? As far as comfort goes and risking breaking? Is there an easy way to remove that very quickly? Or does it take a lot of time to take just that one piece off? I suppose it depends how you rig everything although most is probably similar I'm sure everyone does it in a different way in some form whether it be snaps Velcro or whatever

Well I'm 5'11, 180lbs. Besides the height and pretty good flexibility trimming and assembling your armor correctly definitely helps. On another note, this armor was never meant to be sat in. 

Here's Mr Solo kicking back in his, note the chest plate....

gallery_12157_11_58468.jpg

• 4 weeks later...