Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Shin closures drying and working on the paint! Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I need opinions my friends - how's my painting? Is this level of painting satisfactory enough to get basic?

e2539a47e65931d09e663ad711fa3ffb.jpg

eb203e0fde208066d2427d389c618bf2.jpg

2bd6ca31bd6e5d197294918dba416688.jpg

25a4afe0af38004791960e557a747ce3.jpg

977f8e8238d4fe59560493db1e73d6ce.jpg

I have one more to clean up then I can add stripes.

ba4375a28e6159d58e2595724b9a9164.jpg

• Like 2

Painting looks good, well done! All is looking pretty awesome! Well on your way!

Much appreciated Dan!

I can continue now lol

• Like 1

That's a really intense build you have going on. You have some interesting ideas on your assembly method. The finish line is close but so far I was there myself a month ago finishing my AM TK. Best to get your TK finished and approved and then tweak it after. I've done 2 troops since and had to make minor adjustments after each. Feels like there's always improvements to make and most don't reveal themselves till you've trooped for 8 hours in your armour. <br><br>

I'd did have a comment on you E11 looks like the Quest Designs Canada blaster. I have the same one but refinished and modified mine. There's an error on the build that seems like every Blaster they've made has. Its fine for basic approval but not for centurion. The rear sight is installed backwards on every build I've seen. The ridges are supposed to be on the back not the front. So you can add that to your to do list. I'm about to fix mine, I'll post pics on my E11 build thread on the correction once it's done. <br><br>

Good luck finishing! <br><br>

I have a 2nd TK ordered it's on its way it shipped this week. I bought the Troopmaster AHN Hero TK kit from Paul. So you'll have another Hero TK around. I'll start a build thread once my BBB arrives.

• Like 2

That's a really intense build you have going on. You have some interesting ideas on your assembly method. The finish line is close but so far I was there myself a month ago finishing my AM TK. Best to get your TK finished and approved and then tweak it after. I've done 2 troops since and had to make minor adjustments after each. Feels like there's always improvements to make and most don't reveal themselves till you've trooped for 8 hours in your armour. <br><br>

I'd did have a comment on you E11 looks like the Quest Designs Canada blaster. I have the same one but refinished and modified mine. There's an error on the build that seems like every Blaster they've made has. Its fine for basic approval but not for centurion. The rear sight is installed backwards on every build I've seen. The ridges are supposed to be on the back not the front. So you can add that to your to do list. I'm about to fix mine, I'll post pics on my E11 build thread on the correction once it's done. <br><br>

Good luck finishing! <br><br>

I have a 2nd TK ordered it's on its way it shipped this week. I bought the Troopmaster AHN Hero TK kit from Paul. So you'll have another Hero TK around. I'll start a build thread once my BBB arrives.

Hello Christina! Thank-you kindly for that info and heads up - totally appreciated (Fist bump)

As for your TM armor - you're so lucky and can't wait to see your thread.

You my dear, are going to looking deadly frosty! B)

• Like 1

Alright my friends, before I submit my basic application later tonight I wanted to take a moment to be forthcoming about this journey, as I didn't tell you all the full story or why I chose to do the Hero build.

Why the secrecy? - Fear of people thinking I was playing for sympathy or using an excuse.

The portion of the story I neglected to tell is: That it was from my hospital bed last year that I first seen this picture and thought "What I wouldn't give to see a couple of Stormtroopers".

17a14ecf322e7578083ad3257b5ba337.jpg

I had attempted to break up a fight between 3 individuals. They turned on me and sent me fighting for my life to the hospital trauma ward with a broken nose, severe concussion, 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a collapsed lung. I narrowly avoided getting a chest tube and was luckily able to leave a week later.

I have seen a lot of the worst in people in this lifetime and after that I had given up faith that there were good people in the world.

Seeing the expressions of my wife and son's faces with no ability or strength to comfort them metaphorically crippled me. A couple of months of not being able to provide or care for them with little to no sleep wore me down and started to send me into the depths of PTSD.

With the inability to focus, comprehend or retain information my life became even more challenging. It was then that I forced myself to get out and do something about it - my first armor party and the FISD.

Wow - the FISD... I'm truly speechless.

Here's a place with a common goal : Make Smiles - but on a much broader spectrum than you think.

Overwhelming positivity, open but friendly constructive discussions, camaraderie, heartfelt support, laughs....."happiness".

Having served a tour of duty that word to me is priceless and cherished.

The FISD has helped to give me life back - and experience excitement and true enjoyment again. Every time I felt myself slipping away I would tap into the positivity generated here and bring myself back. While my crazy mind still has it's moments I have made a full recovery.

This journey both in and outside of white plastic spacemen has been nothing short of epic. I owe you all a huge debt of gratitude for all of your help and support climbing this mountain. I could not have done it without you - as well as you have given me faith again that there are good people in the world.

While it's unfortunate where and when I came to find the 501st, I would have never discovered this unbelievable community had this not happened and would have missed out on the experience I have come to know along with the valued friends I've acquired.

So now why a Hero build?

It is with profound appreciation that I dedicated my build to the Heroes and Unsung heroes alike that have helped give me life back: the Paramedics, Police, Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapists, and last but not least you all.

Humbly thank-you my new friends, you have my unquestioned loyalty and I'm very honored and privileged to soon be among you.

Long live the FISD and the upstanding people within it.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 12

I'm speechless! I'm so glad you've recovered and moved on from that horrible experience. <br><br>

So glad to hear after your long build that you are ready to submit. I'm sure it will be a easy process!! Look forward to meeting you on a upcoming troop. If you can get approved in the next few days there is a Troop at Sick Kids at McMaster hospital next Saturday the 9th. I think it would be a great first troop for you. <br><br>

Christina

• Like 2

I'm glad you found the 501st and the FISD Aaron--your story is very moving! I've skimmed over your entire thread--and it is flippin' huge! Some really cool ideas can be found throughout. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result (as I'm sure you are). I originally joined as a member of the Badlands before we Garrisoned up as the Outer Rim. You have a great group of troopers over on that side of the big mountains and I'm sure they'll be a blast to troop with in the years to come. :)

Hope to see you out for one of our big events (like FanExpo) some day in Vancouver....

Edited by Nagedzi
  • Like 2

I'm speechless! I'm so glad you've recovered and moved on from that horrible experience. <br><br>

So glad to hear after your long build that you are ready to submit. I'm sure it will be a easy process!! Look forward to meeting you on a upcoming troop. If you can get approved in the next few days there is a Troop at Sick Kids at McMaster hospital next Saturday the 9th. I think it would be a great first troop for you. <br><br>

Christina

Thank-you sincerely

It will be a great pleasure! I didn't realize you were in Calgary.

Unfortunately, I leave for a long needed vacation to Cancun next Friday and get a good old fresh restart with a new beginning in the 501st and my newly acquired family - a total bucket list birthday month!

• Like 1

I'm glad you found the 501st and the FISD Aaron--your story is very moving! I've skimmed over your entire thread--and it is flippin' huge! Some really cool ideas can be found throughout. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result (as I'm sure you are). I originally joined as a member of the Badlands before we Garrisoned up as the Outer Rim. You have a great group of troopers over on that side of the big mountains and I'm sure they'll be a blast to troop with in the years to come. :)

Hope to see you out for one of our big events (like FanExpo) some day in Vancouver....

Thank-you kindly - yes I intend to make a few visits - I owe Jin a visit and some badges too.

• Like 1

Remind me to give you a big 'ole bear hug at Calgary Expo. Badlands garrison is EXTREMELY proud to welcome you to our little family and to the Legion. 

I hope to be by your side, standing proud on your first official troop!!

• Like 2

Remind me to give you a big 'ole bear hug at Calgary Expo. Badlands garrison is EXTREMELY proud to welcome you to our little family and to the Legion.

I hope to be by your side, standing proud on your first official troop!!

My upmost and sincerest thanks Peter

Oh I thought you were in Toronto! Oh well maybe one day will cross paths!!

I plan to come back out east possibly next year to visit my grandparents - so there's still a chance

• Like 1

All is looking good there my friend, armour looks awesome, but someone is missing in it. No boots either lol. It's a moving story, as I told you before. Seems like there's a bond that's closer than the armour, each of us are troopers, in and out of armour. Yours is an inspiring build, as you've done a few firsts with the build. Some work, others not so much, but all in all I'm certain you'll be approved.<br><br>

Looking forward to trooping with you, or just wearing buckets when you visit in Ontario. Looking awesome mate, and glad you found us here.

• Like 2

All is looking good there my friend, armour looks awesome, but someone is missing in it. No boots either lol. It's a moving story, as I told you before. Seems like there's a bond that's closer than the armour, each of us are troopers, in and out of armour. Yours is an inspiring build, as you've done a few firsts with the build. Some work, others not so much, but all in all I'm certain you'll be approved.<br><br>

Looking forward to trooping with you, or just wearing buckets when you visit in Ontario. Looking awesome mate, and glad you found us here.

Many, many grateful thanks to you Captain.

Your great humor, constructive guidance, and friendship has been invaluable.

I am truly blessed and privileged to have your friendship.

I salute you Dan and cheers good sir!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Looking purrrdy get those photos in!

Cheers mate! Soon, very soon just have a few touch ups on the stripes, mount lenses, and put on ears after wee man is in bed.

I showed him the armor and got me right in the heart and said "You're missing something Daddy" an he then proceeded to put his FO mask at the top of my armor and said "Here you go. You can use my helmet to be 501st". That boy of mine gets me every time.

• Like 3

Pictures sent and 501st application sent!

3cbc802a6787f0a4a5f89d4d60c7e84f.jpg

667f4e74f6cc5762a34698ec02d553f9.jpg

3c3b0a7ad585bb8f42c2f8cb0ae5bb2f.jpg

81f4960de05befa7b432f49d302101d0.jpg

064bf17cb0e6b5e9c00c022a10005810.jpg

a647de5c6300303d27dc876059ce422b.jpg

bff02a6bf3d59ebfc35a25d6a67b3e92.jpg

e542d55b98dde2b7ae06fd284f7e7bf9.jpg

c9aad94810969c5f3546c49de668ef2d.jpg

ebb681a3f82d2da823dd625a1538be68.jpg

908065ec9c47b91fa11f2aa4a8d01283.jpg

423c5112ecefd24c6664115f55d734cf.jpg

8a1e84b3c0d72825afa54355b2a1084d.jpg

ed1bfba5802cd84dee0bb98c0855ae92.jpg

402c3d64cba745c7e3e6005470024cb8.jpg

20f10b0dfc89b5f620f890247dab25bb.jpg

77f30792ae59ea198d51015602c044bf.jpg

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 5

So after all that I have found a lot more work to be done before EIB and Centurion. But now that I have pictures it's going to make corrections easier.

• Like 2