Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

O man. I actually am looking forward to painting my bucket. I love building models and I am an artist at heart. I like the assembly but paint is my favourite part. I could do without all of the trimming though :(

• Like 2

Undo the teeth I filled in and make a HWT bucket when I have funds again then it will be easier to switch to a Sandy later when the armor wears down

Dude and this you should grab those stunt ears and we can both try this!

Dude and this you should grab those stunt ears and we can both try this!

I fully intend to after getting my golden ticket to the 501st

http://gif.co/t62t.gif

Then it gives me an excuse to get the fancy hardware (the various blasters)

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Can still get a 19 as a hero and be in Hero lol

Decisions I still like the idea of having two hero helmets as because the bubble lenses in the TM come secured (and I don't want to pull anything apart on that bad boy)

And I'm referring to the T-21 (Ho, ho, ho - sounding like Tim the Toolman)

Light repeating blaster - Awww yaaa rebels come get some!

On the Hero note I plan on getting a SE-14R, looking into making the grappling hook with com kit, and I have a Darth Maul Replica Props saber to convert to a TK Laser Sword but for now I'm focused on just getting the armor finished and getting my number.

• Like 1

Decisions I still like the idea of having two hero helmets as because the bubble lenses in the TM come secured (and I don't want to pull anything apart on that bad boy)

And I'm referring to the T-21 (Ho, ho, ho - sounding like Tim the Toolman)

Light repeating blaster - Awww yaaa rebels come get some!

On the Hero note I plan on getting a SE-14R, looking into making the grappling hook with com kit, and I have a Darth Maul Replica Props saber to convert to a TK Laser Sword but for now I'm focused on just getting the armor finished and getting my number.

Having two hero buckets would be awesome, although not sure about seeing through the bubble lenses lol

Not sure about the 21 but like the DLT-19 lol

Yea the hook and comlink set up, I'd want on my TK too... Been looking/thinking about it, but am at a bit of a loss...

• Like 1

Update: Thighs and forearms are almost complete (again lol) and I have started installing snaps.

I'm also trying something new again for the kidney plate so that the straps still bends but also maintains CRL requirement of minimal gap between the kidney and the posterior plate.

I have also got my sewing machine out again for straps.

Currently working on finishing the ammo belt and holster.

Finally a decision on my current helmet: Trooping Hero bucket (for when I need to see) with flat lenses so I will have to finish painting it after all - ahh well good exposure and training. I will pop in my current bubble lenses then use Dan's Velcro system for the flats.

The plan is to leave my bucket till last - focus all efforts on completing the armor. If I can get my helmet done to get Basic entry then I will do it. When my White Diesel with Hemi Truck shows up from across the pond I will go knocking on Tony and Andrew's door.

I can feel that electricity in the air again - imperial energy ohhhh yaaaa!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

This is what I hope the hot water will fix - black pointer shows where armor is digging in - white pointer shows extra space that I can use to help alleviate pinching

99EE36EE-7D03-4852-B66C-4E4E594949E1_zps

I used a photo editor app for the pointers and will share the link later :duim:

.......aaaaand I've just run into this exact same issue on my sister's armour. :( Well, looks like it's time for a TK hot-tub party. ;)

• Like 1

.......aaaaand I've just run into this exact same issue on my sister's armour. :( Well, looks like it's time for a TK hot-tub party. ;)

I've dubbed it "Tony's Hot Tub Trick" - and it has helped huge with lots of ways.

My forearms are now comfortable, my shoulder straps have a nice curve, and my thigh ammo belt nicely curved as well... Dang I wish I had tried it on my knee plate come to think of it.

• Like 1

I've dubbed it "Tony's Hot Tub Trick" - and it has helped huge with lots of ways.

My forearms are now comfortable, my shoulder straps have a nice curve, and my thigh ammo belt nicely curved as well... Dang I wish I had tried it on my knee plate come to think of it.

I have only ever used my heat gun to re-shape armour. (Scares the living crap outta me every time I use that thing!!!.) Looking forward to a stress-free hot tub. :)

• Like 2

I have only ever used my heat gun to re-shape armour. (Scares the living crap outta me every time I use that thing!!!.) Looking forward to a stress-free hot tub. :)

Just make sure to use a lot of glue (allow for 24 hours cure time) and install inner cover strips.

My seams split in a couple places after shaping a few times so I had to bust them apart and redo them but it was easy peasy.

• Like 1

Just make sure to use a lot of glue (allow for 24 hours cure time) and install inner cover strips.

My seams split in a couple places after shaping a few times so I had to bust them apart and redo them but it was easy peasy.

Hmmm, wonder how CA glue will react to the hot tub... (No E6000 for this baby, I'm on a tight deadline!!!)

E6000_zpspxljvnbw.jpg

• Like 3

Hmmm, wonder how CA glue will react to the hot tub... (No E6000 for this baby, I'm on a tight deadline!!!)

E6000_zpspxljvnbw.jpg

That's hilarious - I don't think it will be a problem, keep me posted none the less (I'm a sponge for this stuff lol)

• Like 1

Right then the ammo belt: As noted there is a approximate 1/8" difference between the the inner and outer drop box. Like other troopers have done I am converting mine into mini-storage compartments to hold my keys and back batteries. I will be lining them with a thin layer of foam or soft side velcro to keep whatevers inside from making noise and moving around. Items of value will be kept in a neck wallet that hangs around the neck under my neckseal.

First let's take care of the gap: Cut down some soft side velcro and installed it so that it was recessed and not visible from the side

4E75197C-90B3-4C2B-82C2-32C25538A842_zps

AAA63486-8938-4DA9-9C7B-3949C7AA56DB_zps

71A532B9-DA29-4CFD-852A-8C657889166A_zps

To tighten things up a bit more and create a partial hinge I cut a small piece of "fastening side" velcro and fastened it to the inside bottom of the outer drop box

E0BB3E73-5127-494F-9A14-B53A9FF6BC62_zps

A5D33AA4-F58A-43BD-80E5-76FDE60BC47F_zps

70894777-5874-4913-9F15-EE0A9FFE0F71_zps

Using Tony's thread again, I began making my straps for the drop boxes. 10" worked perfectly and I re-purposed my AP rivets as fasteners giving imo a really clean look.

D53AA09A-432A-4493-B93E-DF3DA9E2F706_zps

91DA4F59-2A2B-4C17-A306-04C60A9BD62B_zps

01FC23A8-0DF9-4844-9EA1-0439F3C3A412_zps

64405D8E-4AD2-4963-8B6C-7030416C5FA3_zps

BF90A778-D572-42A7-A79A-06190B052405_zps

87B64862-537B-4345-8ED7-9F12F15FAB5B_zps

2ED4CD78-ECF1-43D6-B306-6072FCA0AFD0_zps

7B2AF090-FD38-4664-86C2-7B36EDDE9E9E_zps

Later I will paint the rivets white and add a buffer on the back to preventing the drop box from bumping against the thigh armor making scratches.