Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Next is to fit the aluminum brackets to position holes for the screws. Mark your hole position with the bracket as flush as possible to ensure alignment.

5AD5F6A7-7760-421A-87F2-80C044E1B059_zps

BE57FF5D-6DE2-4957-B4B9-3E960A0DCF83_zps

Ensure that you use a drill bit that is just barely larger than the screws - this will allow air to escape as you twist on the end caps as demonstrated on Vern's TD thread (the link is all the way back on Page 7 of my thread lol)

Additionally I had to use my universal correction tool (hammer) to pound the tips of the TD clips so they would sit as flush as possible without damaging the aluminum.

...I need another cold one

:dancing-trooper:   Looks awesome!!! :dancing-trooper:

Question: when you are waiting for the paint to dry are you shooting on the cute little hockey net in the background?

I didn't know that Beer and Spray Paint  causes Farts.. Laugh.. Good thing I don't like beer.. Rye all the way.. Laugh!

• Like 2

Answer: Yes on occasion but I have to use the foam puck - wee man's orders

Normally it's Rum - no pun intended but when it's free beer I cant say no lol.

PS - you made my day - that wasn't spray paint it was Testors

(I can't believe it's not butter)

• Like 3

I can't find the post for some reason to reply to about this but the only issue I see unless you can find a demilled stirling in Canada is that you have nothing to really make the mould from. Second issue is the Canadian Stirlings were larger so even if you did find one it would be a bit larger than it should be. <br><br>

Not 100% sure on that size thing though. I'm taking that from the spaced out mind of my father.

I can't find the post for some reason to reply to about this but the only issue I see unless you can find a demilled stirling in Canada is that you have nothing to really make the mould from. Second issue is the Canadian Stirlings were larger so even if you did find one it would be a bit larger than it should be. <br><br>

Not 100% sure on that size thing though. I'm taking that from the spaced out mind of my father.

I've got a plan, as always lol but I will save it for after my armor thread.

Check out the videos on my other thread and you will get a better picture:

E-11 Scratch Blaster Build

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33860-E-11-Scratch-Blaster-Build

Edited by Pyrates

Hero hand guards purchased from Joseph (Vader bless him) and for all those after me here's the link:

Latex Hand Guards for Centurion Level ANH

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/35702-Latex-Hand-Guards-for-Centurion-Level-ANH

Buckets off to justjoseph's awesome trooper gear!

• Like 1

Hero hand guards purchased from Joseph (Vader bless him) and for all those after me here's the link:

Latex Hand Guards for Centurion Level ANHhttp://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/35702-Latex-Hand-Guards-for-Centurion-Level-ANH

Buckets off to justjoseph's awesome trooper gear!

Keeping note of that thread!
  • Like 1

While wrapping up what I hope is the last of the 120, 600, 2500 grit oh my - I have been gluing parts together to have some concurrent activity - one forearm together and lots more to do! Woop woop!

Shoulder Bells ready for final inspection

D53318E9-7D33-4826-800E-ED9327DD0AA6_zps

3F7CD0C2-06D0-4740-BBB5-214224840B81_zps

6F987FE4-F10F-4C47-B38C-8515266C21E4_zps

Awesome work, Aaron! 

The nice weather is supposed to start tomorrow, so I have been holding off on sanding edges until I could do it outside. Should be a white dust weekend here. :D

Awesome work, Aaron!

The nice weather is supposed to start tomorrow, so I have been holding off on sanding edges until I could do it outside. Should be a white dust weekend here. :D

Many thanks my friend - as for the ABS dust well this gif best describes my escape from the basement after each evening...

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/3/0/4/a/highres_268512362.jpeg

• Like 1

I still need to install inner cover strips prior to rigging of webbing(straps) that connects to the bicep - I have also used some abs paste to fill in the space where the edges don't line up nicely.

Then I will make the space disappear with some TLC filing and sanding.

Is it best to do the outer cover strips first then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good question!

As for my answer: I have larger forearms and I tried to only give myself enough room to be comfortable - I wasn't sure that I could fit inner cover strips without them starting to pinch. I may just end up pasting and sanding the inner area. I have to try wearing it for a bit.

On the other side of the coin I have seen other threads did the inner strips first - best bet is to ask the more vetted troopers.

Are you rounding those babies! It's looking good. I'm Just taking mine to Chwillis in Oakville and getting his help to make them round lol

That my friend - I for once I do not have a plan for yet but it has to happen as the forearm is already wearing in two places.