TFA Stormtrooper Baton Build - Not Accurate

For those that have seen the photo and asked I will post some info, I didn't think I would have a lot of time to build the baton so really didn't take very many photos. This is not an accurate build, just eyed from screen grabs, with what ever I had around, just a replacement for a blaster.

Made from scraps I had around, PVC pipe, scrap abs, a toilet plunger handle, an old light saber and some light blue EL wire.

Inner tube 44mm

Outer tube 50mm, cut straight down the middle.

Silver sections 50mm, cut over centre (extra 10mm) width 16mm

Silver sections for inner tube 50mm x 16mm, cut a slot with 5mm removed to fit over the 44mm tube then glued

1q3RsZl.jpg

wmP4PNU.jpg

The baton will extend manually but I have to lock it in place with the addition of the EL wire. It shouldn't light up when folded but I'm thinking of keeping it folded around younglings, it does extend quite a way and I don't want to clobber any of them ;).

MoCOooE.jpg

Sound in action

What it should look like

http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/15/47/1447949340-star-wars.gif

Others have more accurate builds underway ;)

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1

It's become quite apparent to me that you never sleep, always coming up with something, and again it looks brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do the vanes extend? Not the way you had to do it right? Or am I just blind?

EDIT: Never mind. It swivels, and I'm blind. Found some great references on the RPF

Are you able to cross-post?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Changed the coloring on the main shaft to look a little more screen accurate.

Also added a speaker jack to the handle so I can run it to an Aker Amp much like my blaster builds, going to be nice and loud at conventions now ;)

UiVnqPT.jpg

Still waiting on the upgraded vacformed baton, I have lots of electronics ready to go for that one :D.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021