AM Hand guards trimming

nix666

I'm stuck on one little detail. I have an AM kit but I need to trim the hand plates as they come in jumbo size.

Has anyone else got some good reference of preferable an AM kit they have trimmed as It's almost the last part but one of the most important

post-21784-0-91875600-1448798408_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man! 

I don't have any reference pics, but what I did for my hand guards was I took a ruler, and about every half-inch or so, marked a dot from the bottom. The amount I marked was about an inch, or around 25mm. This way I had something I could "connect the dots" with and trimmed. 

I'd suggest taking off a quarter inch at a time. I think the guards are supposed to be as big as the top of your hand. That's where mine are. 

Here's a pic after trimming:

ZjNltp5.jpg

From memory I took a good 1/2 inch off the circumference of my guards, they are huge to start off with

• Like 1

From memory I took a good 1/2 inch off the circumference of my guards, they are huge to start off with

Sounds about right for me too.  Unless they are ridiculously large looking on you, trim a little off and judge by that.  Everyone has different size hands

• Like 1