Going Red

JeStar2164

I've been toying with the idea of the 501st for a few years now, and, have finally decided to try and make some headway. (Real life got in the way for a bit)

After looking at all the uniforms, I've decided that I really like the Incinerator armor.  Just the look of it, battle worn and color contrast, etc, looks great. Not to knock any of the other ST armor classes.

My next step is trying to find armor. Being a big guy (6'1" and about 275 or so...losing some, but, slowly), it seems that ST armor is a bit more difficult to locate, even from some of the well reputed places mentioned in these forums.

None the less, I have made the decision, and once I locate armor, I'll start working my kit and submit the needed info to the 501st.

Glad to see a forum dedicated to this, and I look forward to being able to join you all some day (soon?).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Lads!

I will likely start with the weapon itself. I can do the build at home, and fabricate parts (such that my limited skills will allow - nothing like learning new things, though).

I chose this route, mostly, because I am a bit too big for most of the armor that I have talked to people (makers listed on this site) about. Still need to shave off a few more inches, but, I'm down 3" since deciding to do all this. So, progress is progress.

Once I start on the weapon, I'll make a post in that section and be willing to take any and all advice to that regard.

Thanks again!

Jes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Awesome news, Jes!

Definitely looking forward to your eventual build.  There aren't many Incinerator Troopers out there (I'm actually assisting with a build of one at this exact moment) and they are very sharp looking for sure.  Maybe I can convince this one to post a build thread...  Hmmmmm...

At any rate, I'll be following along to see how things progress for you.  Keep working on that weight loss...  That's a move that's ultimately far more important than which armor you're building.  ;)